• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Min Ron Nee

I bought the book from C.Gars Ltd. and was very happy with the delivery time. It is a very cool book... I have no regrets. :)

Ralph said:
Great King Rat said:
Ralph said:
Schwiering said:
I have read that there was going to be a US vendor getting the revised version of this book. Did that ever happen?
[snapback]242954[/snapback]​

Yep it did. I just got one through another board.

http://www.cigarwise.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16152

It's an amazing book. There may still be some available.
[snapback]242962[/snapback]​

Does the board sells them, or there is a retail store that carries them. I had seen them on ebay from UK.. However, I knew a revised version was coming to US.
[snapback]242981[/snapback]​

The board itself is not selling them. A board member who is an acquaintance of Min Ron NEE has organized this group buy of 170 copies and I don't believe they're all taken. For a $75 donation to the World Wildlife Fund the book will be sent to you. (No additional charges for shipping.)

This version is a reprinting NOT a revision. Although some minor errors were corrected, no new cigars created after the initial printing of the book. I do not believe there is a revised version in the works. There is a U.S. distributor (which is where the author purchased the 170 books) but I know of no US retail store that currently carries the book. When it finally becomes available in the states, you won't find it anywhere for $75.
[snapback]243022[/snapback]​

Can you please find out if there any left. I tried to create an acount. However, for some stupid reason I can not login. I wrote the admin an email, no response yet.

Thanks.

I've done the PAM but I don't believe I've had either of those Opii Jingles. :D

So, was that a lame mooch, or what?

Wilkey

Shiba said:
I bought the book from C.Gars Ltd. and was very happy with the delivery time. It is a very cool book... I have no regrets. :)
[snapback]243179[/snapback]​

That's where I got mine. Shipping was a killer but still worth it overall.

I also agree that reading it gives one the hunger. Very dangerous.

Wilkey

Ginseng said:
I've done the PAM but I don't believe I've had either of those Opii Jingles. :D

So, was that a lame mooch, or what?

Wilkey
[snapback]243260[/snapback]​

Yes. :laugh: ;)

Schwiering said:
PM to Ralph! Need some help at CW.
[snapback]243283[/snapback]​

Schwiering, how did everything work out?

Things are looking good. It took me a few days to make my donation, but I made it and sent off my info, and I think the book is on its way. Thanks Ralph for the link to the group buy!

Schwiering said:
Things are looking good. It took me a few days to make my donation, but I made it and sent off my info, and I think the book is on its way. Thanks Ralph for the link to the group buy!
[snapback]244954[/snapback]​

That's great!

My pleasure.

Shiba said:
[snapback]243179[/snapback]​

Bought mine there also, well worth it.

An Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Post-Revolution Havana Cigars is in indispensable reference for any serious collector/smoker of Cuban cigars.

As mentioned Min Ron Nee has worked with his friends WayneN and Brit to put together a "group buy" from the U.S. distributor over at CigarWise Forum. This is an incredible deal.

I am told that the U.S. distributor was shipped 1000 copies for sale in the U.S. and MRN purchased 200 of them from him for donations to the World Wildlife Fund.

I am also told that the second edition of the encyclopedia is in the works and should be available in 2007 or 2008.

The U.S. Distributor of the Encyclopaedia is SJohnson@ArmadaLLC.us. I am told that he will be selling them at retail, but I don't see them offered on his website.

I am also told that the second edition of the encyclopedia is in the works and should be available in 2007 or 2008.

I know I'm resurrecting this topic from 2 years ago, but can anyone confirm there is indeed a 2nd edition of the MRN book coming?

I know I'm resurrecting this topic from 2 years ago, but can anyone confirm there is indeed a 2nd edition of the MRN book coming?

The 2nd edition corrects certain misspelled words etc. that existed in the 1st edition. It's the same book.

The 2nd edition corrects certain misspelled words etc. that existed in the 1st edition. It's the same book.

So it's already out?

So it's already out?

Yup...I believe the copy I received a few weeks ago is the 2nd edition.

Actually, I believe the copy out right now is the "second reprint" of the first edition. It's not technically a 2nd edition. It is merely a reprint to correct omissions and spelling errors.

Gonz has it correct the books that are out there are the second printing.