• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Min Ron Nee

Backslide

RASCClicious
Nino recently posted an update to his blog (amazing imho) detailing his latest trip to HK.

The most interesting news from his site isregarding "The second edition of his Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Post-Revolution Havana Cigars" and a little bit about the legend himself. I'm excited for the up coming release of his new book as I missed out on the 1st go around in 2003. Here's the link if you guys don't already have his site bookmarked LINK.

Jason

Awesome blog post. you'll have to keep us updated on the release of this book.

Glad to hear the second addition project was completed. There was some speculation that it wouldn't happen...this info needs to be collected and documented for posterity.

Judging by how many books make up this addition and the case they come in, it'll be interesting to see the final cost.

I would imagine I wouldn't have any money left over for cigars after buying that book!!! LOL

Update:flyingcigar.de/startseite/mrn-techical-data-data-for-steve-oz-cuban-and-others/

Not sure what this means, but it sounds hopeful.

Quote from MRN....

"As for the retail cost per book and the number of books which will be printed to satisfy demand. This is my least concern. So everyone take it easy. No worries whatsoever. I can promise here. If you can afford to smoke Cuban cigars, you can certainly afford to buy this book. Period."

I hope this doesn't mean if you're a CC aficionado & COLLECTOR...you can afford this book? :0

I'm going too speculate the cost to be in the range of 200-300

The older version has become ridiculously hard to find. I cannot believe some people are selling them for $500+ on Amazon or eBay!

I have seen older version still available in some Asia area cigar stores in the past year for $125 US... though very few left

Only 1800 copies? I'm sure there will be some gouging going on over this book.

Welcome Backjack. Why don't you ease on over to the Intro section and tell us about yourself.

Welcome Backjack. Why don't you ease on over to the Intro section and tell us about yourself.

Only 1800 pre-release copies. He stated that he will print enough to supply the demand.

bigmanfromou said:

Thanks for reminding

Mark Twain said:
The older version has become ridiculously hard to find. I cannot believe some people are selling them for $500+ on Amazon or eBay!

I'll sell ya mine for only $450..... :p

Kidding aside, it's a wonderful book and I'm glad I got one when I did.  If you are interested in habanos, and have a chance to get one....do it.

Buy low and sell high! I think I got mine for $90 range, I think it was a group buy here. Great reference and awesome photos.