• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Min Ron Nee

Backslide said:

Thanks for the update. By the sound of the printing and the photo recreation processes... and the 'hand binding', it's going to cost a few donuts.  

we-spared-no-expense-meme_zpsa5712aa6.jpg

Wow I guess we can buy one book and share it, LOL!

Tall Paul said:
Only 2000 copies we be lucky to get one anyway.

That's what I was thinking too Paul...yet he previously said there would be plenty printed to go around this time. After his latest statement on the production process, I'm thinking it's going to be very expensive (which will maintain it's exclusivity) so there still may be a chance of getting one...if we pony up the dough. Then if you factor in the people that will buy them, only to hold on to them for resale at a much higher price, there may be hardly any left. Damn eBayers!

I'm hoping I'm wrong... :thumbs:

ironpeddler said:
Only 2000 copies we be lucky to get one anyway.

That's what I was thinking too Paul...yet he previously said there would be plenty printed to go around this time. After his latest statement on the production process, I'm thinking it's going to be very expensive (which will maintain it's exclusivity) so there still may be a chance of getting one...if we pony up the dough. Then if you factor in the people that will buy them, only to hold on to them for resale at a much higher price, there may be hardly any left. Damn eBayers!

I'm hoping I'm wrong... :thumbs:
I was just thinking the same thing about him originally stating there would be plenty when discussing this with the wife. It seems like a great book to have but the way the first one is priced so high from gougers right now I can only imagine what this one will bring in the American market. I don't think I would ever spend $500 + on a book.

My understanding is that the 2000 copies (hand bound) is the 1st run. The 2nd printing will most likely be for the masses. 

Stupid question but this book is in English as well right?

Does anyone have a guess at the price range on this? I am starting to get the feeling this is a "if you have to ask you can't afford it" item. Am I the only one looking at it this way?

For the first printing people are speculating upwards of $2500.00+ no clue on what a 2nd print would run.

Backslide said:
For the first printing people are speculating upwards of $2500.00+ no clue on what a 2nd print would run.
ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME.... I just deleted this idea from my mind and even though I don't speak or read Spanish I'm about to buy the first edition one John has for sale.

...and here I thought a hundred bucks or so was expensive for the version I have.  Wow....

Tall Paul said:

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME.... I just deleted this idea from my mind and even though I don't speak or read Spanish I'm about to buy the first edition one John has for sale.

How much is the Spanish version going for? Spanish is my first language so I wouldn't mind having it either or

whylieineedacigar said:

How much is the Spanish version going for? Spanish is my first language so I wouldn't mind having it either or

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/70915-custom-rolled-mrn-book/#
John picked it up from the island recently I believe.

Tall Paul said:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/70915-custom-rolled-mrn-book/#
John picked it up from the island recently I believe.

Thanks Paul, saw it, the price is good. I wonder if the Spanish version has as much collectability value as the English version. I'm going to do some research on this.

I want to say something witty, but I just can't besides this: nope.

I have read somewhere that the book will weigh 30 lbs+ 20 more pounds for covers/casing. I have also read it will be around $3000 Euros. It would seem to me that price tag would raise the value of the 1st edition even more. I also remember this dude has about $2.5 million invested in this project. If the 1st edition was so popular I don't understand why they don't print more. This second edition is due at some book fair in Germany this month. John

There is no question, I will be awaiting the second printing!!
That is unless someone would like to provide a grant for Historic/Educational purposes.  :whistling:

Ninos Flying Cigar states the Frankfurt Book fair 's "latest entry date is mid-Jan 2014" maybe I had to read more deeply into that comment to see where it got lost in the translation. The book will be 3000 Euros (his estimate). I guess he's saying it could be more it could be less. From a $90 book in 2003 to possibly $5000 ten years later, MRN has come a long way. Lets not kid ourselves, he's not going to lose $$$ on this. 2000 books @ 3000 Euros is 6,000,000 Euros or a little bit more than $8,000,000 US. He says he's got $2.5 Mil invested. I love that profit margin. "If you smoke JLP's, don't be asking for an E-version" is what I understand. John