• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Min Ron Nee

tone-ny said:
Buy low and sell high! I think I got mine for $90 range, I think it was a group buy here. Great reference and awesome photos.
I got my edition in a CF GB for $90. I doubt it will be that cheap but would love to do a GB again. 

I bought mine from a well known accessory site for about that....I do recall it was less than a hundred bucks.

I managed to get the first edition and the 2005 reprint. it will be interesting to see what the second edition would add.

I'm still waiting for Moki's book.

I think I picked up the 2nd printing of the first edition back in 2009.  I believe I paid $125 for it.  Great reference book.  Truly invaluable.  After seeing what Nino posted after visiting with MRN, can't wait to see the 2nd edition.  It's going to be spectacular.

I have the older version I still like to look at it every now and then.

Big puff :thumbs:

What is the physical size of the original book and was it available in soft/hard cover? I ask this as I'm hoping that I'll find it in a book sale. Who am I kidding, I'll hit the lottery twice before that happens. John 

Only available in hardcover.  12 inches tall x 9.5 inches across x 1.5 inches deep (492 pages).

lucky for me, i managed to find a BRAND new copy, very expensive, can buy a very decent box of cuban 25 with change.

I have a signed copy of the book, but because of if, I don't open it as often as I'd like.  I'd like to find another copy for everyday perusal, but the new one will also do.

You could go ask MRN on CA, apparently he has taken residence over there and holds office hours between 11pm-3am EST.

mk05 said:
You could go ask MRN on CA, apparently he has taken residence over there and holds office hours between 11pm-3am EST.

What's he saying over there regarding the new book?

I think I paid $90 or $100 for my copy years ago. I love it as a reference guide. 

I'll defend book culture til the day I die. But am I the only one who sees the absurdity in the cost of producing another book at this level of expense when you could develop a website to host and update the content at a fraction of the cost? I mean, the minute this book is produced Cuba will already put out a slew of new LEs and REs, that will in essence make the content in the book out of date within six months. Why not put an ongoing project like this online behind a paywall? I'd pay $25-$50 a year for access, instead of forking out a massive chunk of change and bookshelf space for a beautiful reference book. 

I was on the island over the weekend and saw the 1st edition (2003) in Spanish for sale. Don't know if it was a first run or a re-print. Massive book. I'll have to look further to see if it is available in English on the next go-round. John