• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Misc's 1st pass (sort-a)

Here's another chance - say something witty about my post!

LMAO
Dave :D

Ok! I'm starting to get things ready. Here's the new & improved "starting lineup":

Cigars:

Punch After Dinner
Duque Gran Duque
Duque Wavell
Romeo y Julietta Robusto en tubo
JR Ultimate Cabinet #50
JR Ultimate Cabinet #50
Ashton Chuchill
Genuine Pre Embargo Counterfeit Cuban
GPECC (same as #8)
Cohiba "red dot" (DR)
Pardon Churchill
Perdomodo2 "Rhombus" (box press)
Hoyo De Monterey Robusto
Montecristo Maestro
Pleiades Churchill
Don Diego Gran Maduro
Consuegra #733 (#73 maduro) *10 (Everyone take one as a gift.)
Jose Marti 4-7/8 x 34
Fuego Del Rey Torpedo

Mostly medium-grade cigars, a few cheapies that I've enjoyed, a couple specials. I'm including a gift Connie #733 for everyone, because it's about the best $1 cigar around, and everyone should have one :)

Here's the pass order:

Gekko777 Chula Vista, Ca
KorryP Sammamish, WA
Rocket15 Waterford, MI
McPatrickClan Richardson, TX
BryanH Americus, GA
crash0473 Canton, Ga
Pepe Coral Springs, FL
Leebo 898 Richmond, Va.
Smokin' Tone Brooklyn, NY
Misc Mountain View, CA

And here are the rules I've included in the box:

Standard pass rules apply.
Take what looks interesting.
Put same quantity, equal or greater value as you take.
Use JR’s, Holts, Cigars International or Atlantic Cigars for pricing, if you need to.
Use UPS 2-day air or USPS Priority mail WITH TRACKING NUMBER.
Please post the following events to cigarpass.com, under this pass’s thread:
Box arrived (and condition of contents.)
Your puts and takes.
Box sent to next person (please post tracking number.)

I'll get this baby in the mail Monday and post a tracking number, and it'll be off & running to sunny Chula Vista! :)

Misc said:
Here's the pass order:
<blah blah>
Got/sent this e-mail, just now:

> Korryp has sent you this email from http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php.
>
> I'll be leaving on Wednesday and will not be returning until late Tuesday. Can
> I get moved down the list just to make sure I can send it right out. I don't
> want to be the one that hangs it up for a couple of days.
> KorryP

That's gone from 7/24-30, right?

Moved you down 2. You should get it 7/30 or 31, maybe 8/1-2, depending on how long it takes folks.

---

So the NEW pass order is:

Gekko777 Chula Vista, Ca
Rocket15 Waterford, MI
McPatrickClan Richardson, TX
KorryP Sammamish, WA (Will be away 7/24-7/30)
BryanH Americus, GA
crash0473 Canton, Ga
Pepe Coral Springs, FL
Leebo 898 Richmond, Va.
Smokin' Tone Brooklyn, NY
Misc Mountain View, CA

...So it'll do a teeny bit of criss-crossing the country, but not too bad. The trip from KorryP to BryanH will be the longest (and the trip home, but Tone let me run anchor in his pass, so I'll give him "pick o' the box" in mine :))

If the box gets to McPatrickClan before 7/29, he can just take his time oogling the contents and deciding what to put/take. Other than that, please do what you are able to mail the box no more than 2 days after you recieve it. Thanks! :)

Ok, Misc's 1st pass (sort-a) is on the air!

USPS tracking number 0302 0980 0001 4662 6876

Here it comes, Gekko777!

Woo-hoo! :D

Moved to [Cigar Passes In Progress] as requested

Dave

Misc,

I am proud to be the first on the list for the CP.... I think you will all like my puts!!!!!

So stay tuned for the acceptance of the box in San Diego, Ca.......

I look forward to the wonderful smell that is waiting for me!!!!

Regards,

gekko777 :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

You entered 0302 0980 0001 4662 6876. Your item was delivered at 9:46 am on July 24, 2002 in CHULA VISTA, CA 91915.

Hey, Gekko -- says here the box was delivered. Can we get a visual? :)

Here we go the cigars have landed safely and are in good hands.....

I have removed 2 cigars from the list (#20 Henry Clay & #21 Santa Damiana) because of mold damage (they were in the metal tubes so no damage to other cigars) .. :( :( :(

Now the good news! :D I have replaced both of these damaged cigars for (Misc) - they are as follows:

#22 is now a Henry Clay Cedres Deluxe Lonsdale
#23 is now a H. Upmann Special Polo Lonsdale

:sign: :sign: :sign:

Now for my takes:
#5 JR ultimate Cabinet 50
#9 Genuine Pre-Embargo Counterfeit Cuban
#11 Padron Churchill
#16 Don Diego Gran Maduro

No for my Puts:
#24 Don Tomas Dominican Selection
#25 Punch Rare Corojo
#26 Onyx Reserve Toro
#27 Indian Tabac Camaroon Scout
#28 Macanudo Hyde Park
#29 Te-Amo Cabinet Selection Petit Belicoso

I have also started a thank you bag for Misc:
Please feel free to add a cigar for him....
I have sent him a nice Indian Tabac Camaroon Scout and a Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso.... Enjoy all!!!!

I will now bundle the box up and ship it to "Rocket15""" in Waterford Mi..... on Friday morning. I will post tracking number up by Friday night...

Once again thanks!!!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Gekko777 said:
I have removed 2 cigars from the list (#20 Henry Clay & #21 Santa Damiana) because of mold damage (they were in the metal tubes so no damage to other cigars) .. :( :( :(

Now the good news! :D I have replaced both of these damaged cigars for (Misc) - they are as follows:

#22 is now a Henry Clay Cedres Deluxe Lonsdale
#23 is now a H. Upmann Special Polo Lonsdale
Thanks Gekk -- good that the mold didn't spread. Bad about the mold. Damn! #20 & 21 were last-minute cheap-o adds that had just arrived that weekend -- I shouldn't've done it, I guess. <sigh> Next time.

Thanks for replacing them -- I owe you two nice cigars. Let me know next time you're in the the Santa Cruz (SF) area, I'll hand 'em over and buy you a beer :)

Good puts!

Ok, so we got off to a bumpy start, but it looks like you've got things back on track.

Everyone else please check the box carefully for any signs of mold. I guess we shouldn't add any water for a while...

I just got Pepe's pass -- noticed you held the #1 spot there, too. I guess you're the new "starter" around here :)

Attn. Rocket15!!!!!

The Box is now in the hands of our wonderful (rip-off!!!!) USPS - ($14.80 with insurance to mail the box!!!) and on the way to Waterford MI....

Tracking is as follows:

0301 0120 0005 2571 7949

Mailed today 7/26/02 10am Pacific!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy - Gekko777

Gekko777 said:
Attn. Rocket15!!!!!
As I read this, it's 10:33am, PDT, 7/26/02.

The web-board says you made your posting at "Posted on Jul 26 2002, 11:27 AM"

How did you *DO* that?! :p

NOTE: I just e-mailed and asked Rocket15 to change my ship-to address. I am concerned about missing the box and holding up the pass, so I would like for the box to go to my work. Let me know if this is a problem!

Thanks!

McPatrickClan said:
NOTE: I just e-mailed and asked Rocket15 to change my ship-to address. I am concerned about missing the box and holding up the pass, so I would like for the box to go to my work. Let me know if this is a problem!
Works for me. Pretty much, if he can get the box to you in a reasonable time (2-3 days) and you can get it in motion in a reasonable time (2-3 days), I don't care if he crosses his arms and twitches his nose :)

---

Btw, a note on packing (I've received a couple of "interestingly packed" cigars in the past week): the main thing is that you don't want the cigars to bounce around. Don't smash them in there, but cigars should be packed in their tupperware "firmly", and the tupp should be packed in the box "firmly." Not smooshed, but "firm."

Put the cigars in the tupp with some bubble wrap, put on the lid, "burp" it, then give it a gentle shake. There should be no movement. If things move, open up, repack, and try again. If nothing moves around, give it a pretty good shake. There should still be no movement. Remember, at some point, a postman is going to toss this box off the top of a semi and let it hit the gound ;)

Once the tupp is packed, do the same thing with the tupp inside the box -- place it in, put in the bubble/peanuts, close it, and give a gentle shake. If there's movement, repack. If not, give it a good solid shake. Nothing should move.

There's nothing we can do if someone wants to stick a hook in the side of a box or pass a bullet through it -- but cigars shaking around on the back of a bouncy truck as it drives the by-roads of America is what destroys the ends and leaves you with a box of tobacco-crumbs. Pack for "no movement."

...Pass it on :)

Please sign off on these two cigars (this is my first pass to participate in, so bear with me):

1) Carlos Torano: Exodus 1959 (Torpedo)
2) Carlos Torano: Reserva Selecta (Churchill)

Thanks for the feedback, fellas!