• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Misc's 1st pass (sort-a)

The box is as good as gone. It's going USPS with insurance first thing Saturday morning. I am skipping KorryP and shipping it to BryanH.

My gifts to Misc are:
Macanudo Hyde Park Churchill
Don Diego Playboy Gran Corona
Particulares Mini Belicoso (a hidden gem, I believe)

TAKES
Padron 5K Maduro
Pre-Embargo Cuban

PUTS
Sancho Panza Valiente
Carlos Torano Signature Collection Torpedo

Misc, thanks for conducting this pass!

McPatrickClan said:
OK, but I plan on passing this mutha very soon. I would like to get it out by Saturday morning so we don't lose both Saturday and Sunday. Do you want me to hang on to it until Monday?
Nah, he said he'd be back on Wednesday. I know people's schedules change, but if they're going to change while 8 other people are waiting, and we already rearrange the pass once to fit his schedule, I say we just skip him.

I sent e-mail asking him to please respond to this forum. I'm thinking

If (KorryP replies to this forum before you leave to mail it on Saturday)
&& (his reply says he's home and ready to receive)
{
Send it to him
}
else
{
Skip him and go to the next guy (BryanH)
}

Korry's new here, so may not appreciate being bumped, but I'm new, too, and don't want to hassle with changing the pass twice for the same person. Yeah, yeah, I'm an old meanie -- sue me :0

Anyway, hopefully there will be more passes -- and maybe someday I'll have another assortment of cigars, and I look forward to seeing y'all again -- so it's not like the end of the world, or anything...

BryanH -- YOU'RE still around, right?

Woo-hoo! :)

NEW PASS RULE (request)

As your turn comes up as "next in line" and the guy before you announces that they received the pass, please check in with this forum and let folks know "I'm ready to receive."

Thanks! :thumbs:

I noticed that BryanH hasn't posted in a while, so I just sent him an e-mail asking him to check-in, too. (Sent KorryP's e-mail Thursday.)

McPatrick, if we don't hear from either person by the time you're ready to mail out, hold off until we reestablish who's still playing, which may involved keeping the box until Monday.

Hey, you SAID you wanted to oogle the contents a lot! :)

Hopefully, one or the other will check in, and we'll keep things moving. If not, I'm sure we'll survive.

Pass order remaining:

KorryP <-- waiting to hear if he's home
BryanH <-- looking for a check-in
crash0473 <-- posted yesterday, we can assume he's alive & kickin' :)
Pepe
Leebo 898
Smokin' Tone
Home to Misc.

One more thing...

Can the next person who has the box open (or McPatrick, if it's still open) post numbers for Rocket15's & McPatrickClan's puts?

Thanks!

(If they're unnumbered, just slap numbers on them and let me know. not that it matters a WHOLE lot, just curious. Thanks!)

:)

I know that the box is sealed, but my PUTS were:

34: Sancho
35: Torano

By the way, I also took the #30 that you put in for everyone, Misc. Thanks!

I have the box ready to go out and addressed to BryanH. I am leaving for work in the next hour. Unless I hear from someone, I will keep the box until Monday, waiting for word about where to mail it, as per Misc's request.

Somebody lookin for me? :D I'm here keepin up with all thats happenin. Waitin, watchin.... and here it comes!!!! Wooo Hoooo!!!! :p I am ready!!

BryanH, it is on the way to you via USPS (insured)! The polite clerk at the Postal Service explained to me that when you buy insurance, tracking is now included at no extra charge (maybe Dubya had something to do with that).

The tracking number is:

VB 362 326 408 US

The box looked great. :D

I am back..... sorting through a lot of new cigars that got purchased before I left.

Never bid on a ton of cigars right before you leave on vacation. I arrived home to 6 boxes. 4 from cigarbid and 2 that were back ordered from vendors. I now have to get a bigger storage container than the one I moved stuff to the day before I left.

KorryP

Korryp said:
I am back..... sorting through a lot of new cigars that got purchased before I left.
So I guess KorryP will get the box after our man in Americus, GA does?

McPatrickClan said:
Korryp said:
So I guess KorryP will get the box after our man in Americus, GA does?
Uh... sure.

So...
BryanH to
crash0473 back over to
KorryP on to
Pepe then, as before
Leebo 898
Smokin' Tone
Home to Misc.

I can deal with that. It's a lot of back & forth across the country -- but I'm willing to try to work with people. Especially people with 6 new boxes of cigars :D

Ok, nobody else leave town -- my brain is going to explode! :sign:

McPatrickClan said:
Isn't Crash in GA also? Maybe he should jump in front of KorryP...
Duh. Good call.

Ok, let's try this again.

McPatrickClan sent to
BryanH sends to
Crash0473 sends to
KorryP, then to
Pepe
Leebo
Tone
Home to me.

I'll update the previous message, so it's right, too.

Hey, some of you new guys should start a pass, if the fancy strikes you. My pass is > half way done, and then I won't be in any passes! (There aren't any open passes, right now :\)

Not all at once, mind you -- but passing is pretty fun so, if you've got the bug, consider firing one up. Also, I recommend reading HBooker's "Something For Everyone" pass, he added some fun twists.

Anyway, just an idea...

Ahem!! I would like everyones attention. :thumbs: The box has arrived, and I will open it when I get home this evening. :D And ma I also say, :0 DAMN :0 this thing is huge! Cant wait to break into it. Puts and Takes to come later, just thought you should know its arrived safe and sound!

crash0473 said:
HOLY COW! I'm next! I can't wait! :) :p :D
:D Yeah, this box is amazing, you will be getting it before the end of the work week!

Misc, is it OK to take this styro. box out and just leave the baggies and labels in there loose? Its starting to get kinda snug, and I know you dont want anything bumpin around, but I think with all the great smokes in here its just getting kinda full.

bryanh said:
Misc, is it OK to take this styro. box out and just leave the baggies and labels in there loose? Its starting to get kinda snug, and I know you dont want anything bumpin around, but I think with all the great smokes in here its just getting kinda full.
Sure. The styro was originally put in as a space-keeper, sort of "large scale packing material."

Please see my post earlier on packing the box. Basically, I've gotten several packages (no passes, luckily!) that had cigars that rattled and the foots & heads were sometimes badly damaged. The short version of Misc's packing technique is: It's better to be a hair snug (not crammed) than a hair loose -- when you shake the box, it should make no sound.

Please read the detailed instructions if you have any questions.

Other than that, use your judgement -- we're all grown-ups, here :)

Oh, and thank you a buch for asking. I know it's a little thing, but it's very much appreciated :love:

OK Here we go,
Takes:
#4 RyJ Rothschild en Tubo
#22 Henry Clay Cedro Deluxe
#31 JR Ultimate Principale Oscuro

Puts:
#36 Cuesta Rey 60 Nat.
#37 Punch Grand Cru Robusto
#38 AF 858 Nat.
#39 Indian Tobac Gorilla
#40 CAO Odyssey with coffin

Added to the Misc thank you pack:
ISOM RyJ Cazadore
Partagas 150

Should be able to get it to the PO this afternoon and it will be on its way to Crash!! :D

Thanks for letting me play, Misc! :p

bryanh said:
Takes: [snip]
Puts: [snip]
Gifts: [snip]

Thanks for letting me play, Misc!
Wow, you guys really rock! Let me just say "no, thank YOU!"

The box is looking really great -- boy, we should invite newbies to play more often! :D