• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Misc's 1st pass (sort-a)

McPatrickClan said:
Please sign off on these two cigars (this is my first pass to participate in, so bear with me):

1) Carlos Torano: Exodus 1959 (Torpedo)
2) Carlos Torano: Reserva Selecta (Churchill)
I'm not sure what you're asking, here. If you're asking "are these cigars ok as PUTs", then here's the answer:

* I'm new, too -- both to the hobby, and this is my 1st pass -- so let's keep things "low stress" and not worry too much, so long as our consciences are clean :)
* Have YOU enjoyed these cigars at one point in your life? That's always a good first-cut. Don't "dump" cigars you didn't enjoy into a pass, save 'em to hand out to non-smoking friends at weddings ;)
* Are they "of equal or better value" than the cigars you take? If you're not sure, use JRcigars.com, holts.com, llyncigars.com, cigarsinternational.com or cigarprice.com for pricing. The standard pass rule is "replace same or greater quantity with equal or better value." As I said in an earlier post, I'm not going to stress-out if you replace a $3.80 cigar with a $3.00 cigar that you really enjoyed -- just use judgement and "be reasonable." If you pull a $8 cigar and replace it with a $2 cigar -- or even four $2 cigars -- someone might grumble, no matter how great you say they are. Similarly (although there are no ISOMs in my box, I don't own any), the standard rule is "always replace an ISOM with another ISOM."
* Other than that, we're here to have fun. Have fun for yourself, and try to arrange for it to be fun for the next guy, and everything should be ok.

I hope :lookup: <G>

Shorter version: I've never had a Carlos Torano. Cigarprice.com shows the Exodus 1959 as a $5.20 cigar and the reserva selecta as a $4-7 cigar (depending on wrapper/dealer) -- both at the high-end of what I started the box with, so "perfectly fine" puts, in my book. Do you like 'em?

If you're asking something else, then please excuse the long reponse -- what was the question, again? :D

Is the exodus the Black band with green and red markings? If so, that is a tastey smoke for a milder cigar. If you ever join on of my passes, thrower in there.

Emo

Misc said:
* Have YOU enjoyed these cigars at one point in your life? That's always a good first-cut. Don't "dump" cigars you didn't enjoy into a pass, save 'em to hand out to non-smoking friends at weddings ;)

both at the high-end of what I started the box with, so "perfectly fine" puts, in my book. Do you like 'em?
These are certainly not "dumps". I know first impressions are vital, so I wanted to do my best to make sure and pass along nice cigars.

I look forward to contributing to the pass. Thanks for the reply.

emodx said:
Is the exodus the Black band with green and red markings? If so, that is a tastey smoke for a milder cigar. If you ever join on of my passes, thrower in there.

Emo
Yes, Emo, that is the cigar. I look forward to being in one of your passes soon.

OUT

I would like to say Good job McPatrickClan
When in doubt ask.
There is never a stupid question!

Looks like your gonna have more and more fun..
Hb

arrived home safely from my vacation today. went to an rv resort near Traverse City, Michigan. Was there for 13 days. The resort is going condo, and I had such a good time, and the other owners were so friendly, that my bride and I are seriously considering buying into the place. Now that I'm home, I very much am looking forward to getting the box. I assume I'll get it either monday or tuesday. I know for sure I'm going to snag the Punch rare corojo. Those are great. Not sure about the others, but I'll make up my mind when I see what's in the box. Have some good puts in mind. I'll be putting in a Fuente Hemmingway Short Story. Somebody no doubt will look forward to grabbing that one. I have two 150 qt coolerdors and a 300 ct humi that is full too. Figure I'll be putting in an Indian Tabac of large size, (I like large ring sizes), a Don Tomas Cam Perfecto #4, one of my favorite smokes, a Fittipaldi Maduro Toro, (also a very nice smoke). I was going to put in an Onyx Reserve Toro, but I've been beaten to the punch. We'll see how it turns out.

McPatrickClan said:
Misc said:

both at the high-end of what I started the box with, so "perfectly fine" puts, in my book. Do you like 'em?
These are certainly not "dumps". I know first impressions are vital, so I wanted to do my best to make sure and pass along nice cigars.
I hope it was clear in my original that I wasn't accusing you of dumping -- far from it! I meant my reply more as a "broadcast message", the kind you'd put in a FAQ. Didn't mean to be impersonal, but in another plane of existance I field questions from a large audiance and am in the habbit of forming my response as addressed to the entire audiance, not just the one who asked.

I should have said "excellent put candidates -- looking forward to trying them, if they make it this far" :)

Misc said:
I should have said "excellent put candidates -- looking forward to trying them, if they make it this far" :)
Thank you, Misc. Thank you to you as well for organizing this pass! I look forward to stocking the box and enhancing the pass.

Received the box today and all was well.

Took

1-Punch Rare Corojo Pita
2-JR Ultimate Cabinet #50
3-Montechristo Maestro
4-Duque gran Duque

Put

1-Padron 5000 Maduro
2-Fittipaldi Maduro Toro
3-Flor de Los Reyes Torpedo
4-JR Ultimate Principale Oscuro

Added to thank you bag for Misc

1-Cohiba Esplendido (yellow label)
2-JR Hemingway Alt
3-Flor de Los Reyes Churchill
4-5 Vegas Pyramid
5-Perdomo Cabinet Mini Belicoso Maduro

The pass is on it's way to Macpatrickclan. #3 on the list. It's been sent USPS 2 day priority.
Tracking # 0302 0980 0000 0919 0261

enjoy the smokes. I put in some of my favorites.

Excellent puts & takes, Rocket -- and good gracious! You guys are spoiling me with this gift bag!

(Not that I'm complaining... :D)

I was really just hoping to get experience a pass first hand and maybe have a chance to try a few new cigars, but WHOA! This is beyond my wildest dreams!

---

And Tone's back! Tone! Sorry to hear of your loss, man. I kept you in the pass cuz I figured you'd be back on line long before it got to you, and I really wanted you in. If you need to bow out, that's ok, but I was hoping to keep you -- you were my 1st pass to participate, so I wanted you in my 1st pass to run.

Sincere condolences, and hope your life is getting back to normal...

rocket15 said:
Took
[...]
4-Duque gran Duque

FYI, the Duque is a very mild cigar -- I like the taste, but if you've never had one, you should be prepared to smoke it when you're in the mood for something VERY mild.

Put
1-Padron 5000 Maduro
2-Fittipaldi Maduro Toro
3-Flor de Los Reyes Torpedo
4-JR Ultimate Principale Oscuro

Also, could Mr. McPatrick please post the #s of the puts, so I can keep my inventory up to date? So far, this is what I'm showing:

# Cigar [Took] Put
1 Punch After Dinner Misc
2 Duque Gran Duque [Rocket15] Misc
3 Duque Wavell Misc
4 Romeo y Julietta Robusto en tubo Misc
5 JR Ultimate Cabinet #50 [Gekko777] Misc
6 JR Ultimate Cabinet #50 [Rocket15] Misc
7 Ashton Chuchill Misc
8 Genuine Pre Embargo Counterfeit Cuban Misc
9 GPECC (as #8) [Gekko777] Misc
10 Cohiba "red dot" (DR) Misc
11 Pardon Churchill [Gekko777] Misc
12 Perdomodo2 "Rhombus" (box press) Misc
13 Hoyo De Monterey Robusto Misc
14 Montecristo Maestro [Rocket15] Misc
15 Pleiades Churchill Misc
16 Don Diego Gran Maduro [Gekko777] Misc
17* Consuegra #733 (#73 maduro) *10 (Everyone take one as a gift.) [*****] Misc
18 Jose Marti 4-7/8 x 34 Misc
19 Fuego Del Rey Torpedo Misc
20 Henry Clay Diplomat (H2000) [Mold] Misc
21 Santa Damiana Tubulares Grande [Mold] Misc
22 Henry Clay Cedres Deluxe Lonsdale Gekko777
23 H.Upmann Special Polo Lonsdale Gekko777
24 Don Thomas Dominican Selection Gekko777
25 Punch Rare Corojo Pita [Rocket15] Gekko777
26 Onyx Reserve Toro Gekko777
27 Indian Tabac Camaroon Scout Gekko777
28 Macanudo Hyde Park Gekko777
29 Te-Amo Cabinet selection Petit Belicoso Gekko777
30? Padron 5000 Maduro Rocket15
31? Fittipaldi Maduro Toro Rocket15
32? Flor De Los Reyes Torpedo Rocket15
33? JR Ultimate Principale Oscuro Rocket15

Thanks!

Things are looking good! Lots of interesting things going in that box :)

Also, KorryP should be home from vacation -- everything ok, Korry? Did you have fun? :)

Howdy all

Didja miss me?

Don't answer that.

Misc, I'd love to take part if there's still room. You could make me anchor if you want.

Thanks for the condolences. It's been rough, but it's time to try and get things back to normal. It's a pretty foul thing to say, but now that I'm home, I'm not as much of a wreck as I was when I was down there.

Anyway, let me know if you can squeeze me in, k?

[quote name='Smokin'Tone' date='Jul 31 2002, 04:52 PM']Anyway, let me know if you can squeeze me in, k?[/quote]
Never took ya out, buddy -- never took ya out...

You'll be bringing up the rear -- take your pick of the box. Glad to see you back in action.

The box is on it's way to McPatrickClan, from whence it will zig back to KorryP (was on vacation) from where it will cross the entire continent and begin the downhill treck to

BryanH
crash0473
Pepe
Leebo 898

then all the way up to

Smokin' Tone

and finally back home to me. Nothin' to it! :D

Box received here at work and the contents look good. I will inspect further this evening and send out ASAP with new puts! Thanks!

Hi all, I will be out of town Aug 26 - Sep 3. This pass looks as though it is moving quick. It looks as though it will be to me pretty soon. But if for some reason it gets held up and it looks like it won't make it to me before Aug 26 just skip me and come back to me later. Does that sound OK to all??

crash0473 said:
Hi all, I will be out of town Aug 26 - Sep 3. This pass looks as though it is moving quick.
It'll probably get to you before that. I'll check in again about 4 days before you go and let everyone know if we need to rearrange the pass order. Should be ok, I'd think.

Also, KorryP -- are you back? Supposed to be back by now (said vacation to July 30.) McPatrick, if we don't hear from him before you mail-out, skip him.

(Pass rule: once things have been rearranged to accomodate your schedule, try to keep in touch <G>)

Lookin' good, guys! And movin' right along :)

OK, but I plan on passing this mutha very soon. I would like to get it out by Saturday morning so we don't lose both Saturday and Sunday. Do you want me to hang on to it until Monday?

Let me know, your wish is my command!