• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Motorcycles

Darin

Riding season is in full swing so I thought a thread to talk about what you're on and where you're going would be fun. My ride is a 2006 GL1800 Goldwing with 115,000 miles on it and mostly used to commute to work.

Here's a pic from a short loop through Sedona, AZ:

5mrFld1.jpeg

So I’ve never ridden a gold wing but when I was younger my uncle stopped by with his.

Cool as hell!! But dusty. So I thought I’d be helpful and wipe the dust off…pissed was an understatement. Lol.

But fast forward and he doesn’t do that anymore so whatever. Still cool though. I had a crotch rocket or so they called it…fun at the time but it’s gone now.

My last motorcycle was a 2000 Triumph Sprint ST that I had been slowly kitting out for endurance trips (certified Iron Butt Association member!). A deer killed this motorcycle, and nearly me, about half an hour after this photo was taken -- so that was the end of my riding days. Previous to this, I had a 2000 Honda CBR 600. I absolutely LOVE the Honda GL and wanted to get one many years ago but, in my mid-20s with a baby bouncing around the house, spending $20,000 on a motorcycle was neither wise nor practical.

1651407102173.png

Did it come with those wheels?
Yes, this model did have factory upgrades like the stage 2 performance kit. I am the second owner, this is a great machine and has been very good to me.

It did have custom hard bags that I removed because after 85mph it would cause the bike to shake dangerously.

Yes, this model did have factory upgrades like the stage 2 performance kit. I am the second owner, this is a great machine and has been very good to me.

It did have custom hard bags that I removed because after 85mph it would cause the bike to shake dangerously.

Nice. I would have thought aftermarket.

I also like how the brown tent looks like a jump! 😄

Cool as hell!! But dusty. So I thought I’d be helpful and wipe the dust off…pissed was an understatement
One of my grandkids did the same last summer ... turned into a soapy water fight. Lol
Had to dig around a bit to find a recent photo, Victory Kingpin
She's a beaut!

A deer killed this motorcycle, and nearly me, about half an hour after this photo was taken
Daaaamn ... glad you were alright!

It's funny I always wanted to smoke on my bike while riding like in the cool old movies. Turns out that's like trying to have a gar in a hurricane. I've done it, but it's not really that enjoyable.

It's funny I always wanted to smoke on my bike while riding like in the cool old movies. Turns out that's like trying to have a gar in a hurricane. I've done it, but it's not really that enjoyable.

Well, Fonda and Hopper made it work with weed... maybe you just need Apehangers! 😅🛵

CAO-Flathead-Steel-Horse-Apehanger-Coffin-2.jpg

I think that’s one of those things where it’s not lit..and they are riding around with it in their mouth.

If you watch old sitcoms you see it as well, like old all in the family ones, but eventually it gets lit. Then it seems out again 2 scenes later.

My last motorcycle was a 2000 Triumph Sprint ST that I had been slowly kitting out for endurance trips (certified Iron Butt Association member!). A deer killed this motorcycle, and nearly me, about half an hour after this photo was taken -- so that was the end of my riding days. Previous to this, I had a 2000 Honda CBR 600. I absolutely LOVE the Honda GL and wanted to get one many years ago but, in my mid-20s with a baby bouncing around the house, spending $20,000 on a motorcycle was neither wise nor practical.

View attachment 55020
Heyyyy a fellow iron butt!! I got my cert from riding an 02 Yamaha R1 from Minnesota to Texas and back… in January. Trip of a lifetime.

My current ride is an 08 Yamaha warrior. Still have the R1 too, she just doesn’t get out often.
DA108B57-D269-4369-9FEB-CEB2CDD6E32E.jpeg

Heyyyy a fellow iron butt!! I got my cert from riding an 02 Yamaha R1 from Minnesota to Texas and back… in January. Trip of a lifetime.

My current ride is an 08 Yamaha warrior. Still have the R1 too, she just doesn’t get out often.
View attachment 55038
NICE! Our trip was Little Rock - Oklahoma City - St. Louis - Memphis - Little Rock. It was just over 1300 miles in about 22 hours, IIRC. At the time of my accident, a buddy and I (same one I did the SS1K with) were in the midst of planning a 50CC from JAX to SDO. Did you have any sort of throttle lock on the R1 (please tell me it was in Liquid Silver. Those R1s in LS were just sex on wheels)? My expensive throttle lock mechanism broke about two hours in, and I literally thought I had permanent nerve damage for about a week after the ride. My buddy used a $0.20 rubber o-ring gasket as a throttle lock, and never had an issue. Lesson learned...

I was also an MSF instructor in a former life for both civilian and military courses. I attended the instructor's course (on my old CBR) with the same dude I did the IBA ride with. He had a Yamaha V-Star Classic, which I fell in love with. It was going to be a future purchase, but life happens. Your Custom in beautiful. Love the stripped wheels and intake.

(Ok, the classic Yamaha blue is also acceptable, I guess -- but please tell me it's Liquid Silver)

NICE! Our trip was Little Rock - Oklahoma City - St. Louis - Memphis - Little Rock. It was just over 1300 miles in about 22 hours, IIRC. At the time of my accident, a buddy and I (same one I did the SS1K with) were in the midst of planning a 50CC from JAX to SDO. Did you have any sort of throttle lock on the R1 (please tell me it was in Liquid Silver. Those R1s in LS were just sex on wheels)? My expensive throttle lock mechanism broke about two hours in, and I literally thought I had permanent nerve damage for about a week after the ride. My buddy used a $0.20 rubber o-ring gasket as a throttle lock, and never had an issue. Lesson learned...

I was also an MSF instructor in a former life for both civilian and military courses. I attended the instructor's course (on my old CBR) with the same dude I did the IBA ride with. He had a Yamaha V-Star Classic, which I fell in love with. It was going to be a future purchase, but life happens. Your Custom in beautiful. Love the stripped wheels and intake.

(Ok, the classic Yamaha blue is also acceptable, I guess -- but please tell me it's Liquid Silver)
Sorry to disappoint, it was blue. After it's first wreck, most of it turned black, still had some blue. After the second wreck, all black. No throttle lock for me. My stupid ass hopped on a naked R1 with no wind protection and a mostly bald front tire, rode through a blizzard with 4wd trucks in the ditch getting out of Minnesota, through 8 hours of dense fog all the way to Oklahoma, then got caught in a freezing rain storm on the way back north. Probably should have died, but here I am.

For those that are unfamiliar (guessing pretty much everyone) the iron butt association is an organization that gives out certifications for motorcycle riders that complete long distance rides. Everything must be documented with witnesses and gas station receipts as proof. Minimum ride requirement is 1000 miles in under 24 hours.

r1.jpg

Last edited:
For those that are unfamiliar (guessing pretty much everyone) the iron butt association is an organization that gives out certifications for motorcycle riders that complete long distance rides. Everything must be documented with witnesses and gas station receipts as proof. Minimum ride requirement is 1000 miles in under 24 hours.

View attachment 55063
Something to add to the bucket list!

Btw... Wreck(s) man you do have an iron ass, glad you survived.

Something to add to the bucket list!

Btw... Wreck(s) man you do have an iron ass, glad you survived.
ha, my local motorcycle forum used to call me iron butt joegibs. We had a photo tag game that when I still lived with my parents, i didn't have jack shit to do so i'd go out photo tagging all through the night all over the region. I'd be anywhere from the borders of south dakota, to north of duluth, central iowa, or central wisconsin. The first wreck wasn't bad on me, but the bike was fubar. second wreck probably should have killed me, but somehow I got up and rode the damn thing home. I'll have pain in my neck for the rest of my life because of that one. Out riding fast on unfamiliar twisty backroads all alone is a good way to get dead.

Sorry to disappoint, it was blue. After it's first wreck, most of it turned black, still had some blue. After the second wreck, all black. No throttle lock for me. My stupid ass hopped on a naked R1 with no wind protection and a mostly bald front tire, rode through a blizzard with 4wd trucks in the ditch getting out of Minnesota, through 8 hours of dense fog all the way to Oklahoma, then got caught in a freezing rain storm on the way back north. Probably should have died, but here I am.

View attachment 55063
I bow to your ironbuttedness!