• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Motorcycles

Beautiful ride into work this morning with a nice orange sunrise and warmer temps. The bike wanted to run and I let it including some fresh skids on the bottom of my foot pegs in the twisties.

I put a new beaded seat on the bike this weekend as the last one was completely worn out. It really is a nice addition especially for the summer.

This is always a funny time of year for the proper gear. It's 60F when I leave in the morning and 100F or more when I ride home. Gotta love the desert! 😄

On my ride home last night, the sky opened up on me and a microburst of wind, rain and hail came at me like a banshee. However, I had ordered food to pick up and had to stop before getting home. As I entered the restaurant and unzipped my cuffs to remove the gloves, about a cup of water poured out onto the floor. The waitress just chuckled and said, "I'll get that". 😅

This is something that I enjoy doing, and it keeps me from having to watch TV. Mostly just for friends.

2006 Harley Sportster XL1200-R that sat for a few years, and needed to be brought back to life - and it needed a good cleaning and detailing.

Note the V-ROD front floating rotors and the 4-piston Brembo calipers. The originals were a single-piston setup that made the rider think that he had wooden brake pads. The handlebar switch gear is from a late model Harley touring bike because it needed a larger master cylinder to support those big Brembo calipers.

The bike came out much better than I expected, and the owner was well pleased.

PXL_20220706_224807232.jpgPXL_20220706_224814588.jpg

PXL_20220706_224459865.jpg
PXL_20220706_175039740~2.jpg

Last edited:
This is something that I enjoy doing, and it keeps me from having to watch TV. Mostly just for friends.

2006 Harley Sportster XL1200-R that sat for a few years, and needed to be brought back to life - and it needed a good cleaning and detailing.

Note the V-ROD front floating rotors and the 4-piston Brembo calipers. The originals were a single-piston setup that made the rider think that he had wooden brake pads. The handlebar switch gear is from a late model Harley touring bike because it needed a larger master cylinder to support those big Brembo calipers.

The bike came out much better than I expected, and the owner was well pleased.

View attachment 71412View attachment 71411

View attachment 71413
View attachment 71414
I was an MSF instructor in a former life, and I can't tell you how many H-D riders lit'rally NEVER touched their front binders. Ever. It was a revelation for them when they realized how much better they stopped when properly utilizing them! I will say that many of them were naturally better at trail braking than I was (as a trained and skilled track rider on sport/STs).

We got two round trip, non-stop tickets to Fort Myers, Florida thru Frontier Airlines for $116, total - and free hotel, courtesy of youngest Son's hotel "points".

RENT a bike, they said. Well, this was the only one available, and it worked out nicely for a few days of cruising around.
It's amazing how much "stuff" my wife could buy and STUFF into those saddlebags. LOL.

Harley 16.JPG
Lido Beach 025.JPG

Last edited: