• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Motorcycles

At age 13 I made a promise to my mother, multiple times in fact, that I would never ride a motorcycle as long as I lived.

It was a bit coerced however, considering she was blowing through stop signs and red lights while freaking out and rushing me to the ER.

You see, my friend's older brother got a used Honda Spree and my friend would sneak it out and come over to my house all the time. After promising not to wreck it, he let me drive it (some badgering may have been involved). And I did.. a lot.

I started taking corners faster and faster, and was having a blast. Until I took a corner at top speed (38mph.. maybe?) and hit a patch of wet, matted down leaves, that immediately dumped me and sent me skidding into the curb, which then flipped me and the Spree in the air together, and into a row of hedges and the house immediately behind them.

It effectively peeled the left side of my face and ear off, along with a broken leg, ankle, eye socket, 2 ribs, and several chunks of skin. My protective equipment consisted of my shorts and tshirt.. I didn't even have shoes on! I was absolutely petrified at that point... not because I was basically blind from all the blood in my eyes and tore to shreds...

I was petrified because I thought my friend's brother was gonna kick my ass! Anyway, got patched up and promised my mother. She was right though.. whether it was a Spree then, or possibly even a Ducati several years later I almost rode.. I would always have that itch to take the next corner faster and faster.. until it would end up killing me... I knew that about me then.

It's been extremely difficult for me all these years staying away. If I ever get diagnosed with a terminal illness I think I'll buy a cheap little crotch rocket and go literally balls out and off some massive cliff somewhere. All Thelma & Louise style!! ๐Ÿ˜†

To this day, anytime a biker pulls up to me at a light, I just give him a half smirk along with a nod or thumbs up. The nods and smiles are almost always reciprocated. And you just have to love the back of those t-shirts that read, "If you can read this, that means the bitch fell off!". ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ๐Ÿšฆ๐Ÿ‘

Got a beaded seat cover 2 months ago and, with approximately 4500 miles on it, I can say I'm liking it. Pressure points are spread out and it gets decent air flow to "the boys". ๐Ÿ‘

Anyone else using one of these?

Got a beaded seat cover 2 months ago and, with approximately 4500 miles on it, I can say I'm liking it. Pressure points are spread out and it gets decent air flow to "the boys". ๐Ÿ‘

Anyone else using one of these?
Never tried a beaded seat, but I became a sheepskin convert for endurance riding.

So many entendres in that sentence that are going to be exploited by the peanut gallery, I'm sure...

After a short break through the hottest, wettest part of the year, I'm back on the bike for my commute. Just a few minutes into the ride I started singing "Hello Old Friend". ๐Ÿ™‚

This morning's ride in was rainy with some pretty cool lightning shows in the dark, cloudy skies. Worse part is passing those semis with all that road mist coming up.

Hopped on the bike this morning and ... no ignition. Yesterday I rode in some pretty hard rain and I suspect the spark plug drain holes may be clogged. Might as well replace the plugs while I'm in there. ๐Ÿ™„

Hopped on the bike this morning and ... no ignition. Yesterday I rode in some pretty hard rain and I suspect the spark plug drain holes may be clogged. Might as well replace the plugs while I'm in there. ๐Ÿ™„

Where are you again.. that you're in desert but getting a ton of rain?

Yep, ideally the monsoons are supposed to cross AZ and NM and give us rain here. So far no dice this year, but it's still kinda early in the monsoon season IIRC.

20230514_190058.jpg

This is Annie my 21 GSX R600. I got my motorcycle inducement when I turned 16(20 years ago). My first bike was a 1985 Honda Sabre 750. It was a great bike to learn on but was heavy as hell. Leaving work one day a light changed faster then i thought. Emergency braked to stop in time. But there was a little dip in the rode just as I dtopped. The handlebars twisted and donw went the bike. Amazingly i was able to pick it back up by myself. After that i picked up a a Suzuki Katana 750. Great bike and learned alot on it. I played this bike down 3 times leaving work trying to ride in weather that was way to cold to be riding in. But at the time I dint have money to drive my truck back and forth to work. So you make it work. I regret selling the Katana still to this day. But then I went 6 years without a motorcycle and one day i woke up. Went straight to the dealership and picked up this beautiful bike I have now. To be honest I was looking for a Honda CBR. But after 5 mins on my GSXR i wouldn't trade it for anything. I dad is a retired Marine, so we do lots of charity rides. I also made a ride I go on every year it's a 350 mile 8-10 trip. Not many will take the ride and the next day I am wiped out. Anyway thank you for the opportunity to ramble on a little. Keep them shiny side up boys.