• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Moving my smokes- MOLD

Hopefully Kona got an answer about his mold issue...and safe travels on your 4 month journey bro! I can't wait to see and read what it has in store for you!!

SurfnSafari....below is a link to a forum a good number of us belong to that deals almost exclusively with CC. This may be a good read to properly put the plume thing into perspective.

I've been smoking cigars for 40 years and been involved in the culture even longer than that...not that those numbers make me an expert, far from it, it says in that amount of time I've seen & heard quite few things when discussing cigars. In that time, I've met many people "in the industry" and can say with the utmost confidence, most of them are full of baloney when it comes to many cigar subjects. The cigar industry is packed full of sketchy stories and unsubstantiated myths...in fact, that is what makes cigar history so interesting & funny at the same time.

It's an industry chocked full of colorful characters and story tellers...making the search for the truth almost a moot point. So, when it comes to cigars, here is my advice; believe what you see and taste...and half of what you hear.

LINK

Your link above is one of the best articals with photo illustration the show many images as far as real deal mold. As I said it "mold" is an intresting subject, and the only advice I personally dispense the moldy sticks should go in the trash, or some proper place like the compost pile if you have one. Do not spoke moldy Cigares, it is a health hazard to your health.

People in most industries in 2018 have few scruples, could not pass an integrity test, the old hand shake to seal a deal mean nothing in most case in 2018.

But there are still people who I trust who are honest, and do not put money first before their personal intrergrity.

Your link above is one of the best articals with photo illustration the show many images as far as real deal mold. As I said it "mold" is an intresting subject, and the only advice I personally dispense the moldy sticks should go in the trash, or some proper place like the compost pile if you have one. Do not spoke moldy Cigares, it is a health hazard to your health.

People in most industries in 2018 have few scruples, could not pass an integrity test, the old hand shake to seal a deal mean nothing in most case in 2018.

But there are still people who I trust who are honest, and do not put money first before their personal intrergrity.

I NEVER "spoke moldy Cigares" either...o_O

They're not worth my time speaking about!

I'm so glad Smurfn joined our forum. In the past few weeks he's bestowed upon us industry wisdom that we likely would have never known.
For example:
Cigars are man made, hand rolled products
Don't smoke moldy cigars
Properly humidify your sticks

I mean, without his industry experts passing this along to him, how would we have gleaned these nuggets of info?

Last edited:
Anytime I've spoke moldy cigars, people look at me funny. Well, more funny than usual....:p

Don't 'spoke' moldy cigars...see, that's not completely true. There's more to it than that.

As has been discussed many times in this page, small spots of wrapper mold can be dealt with easily and conclusively. Mold on the foot, however, is the death sentence and the sticks hit the trash can immediately.

And, since I've been using colloidal silver I've had neither to deal with. There's a link I posted on page one, before this whole thing went sideways, that has some tips and endorsements included.

I'm so glad Smurfn joined our forum. In the past few weeks he's bestowed upon on industry wisdom that we likely would have never known.
For example:
Cigars Cigares are man made, hand rolled products
Don't smoke spoke moldy cigars
Properly humidify your sticks

I mean, without his industry experts passing this along to him, how would we have gleaned these nuggets of info?

Don't make me keep correcting you Sneedly! Get with the 'new' standards being set forth by the sage SurfnTurf.

I've only spoke with moldy cigares when I'm good and drunk.

What are the health hazards of smoking a mold as opposed to the other radicals and chemicals that I'd smoke in non-moldy cigars?

Thanks everybody for the info.

I think the silver solutions is the way to go. I thought it was interesting that of the 1000 cigars are so that are aging the DRew Estate where the ones molding.

My stogies are up in Maine in my god fathers hands. Hopefully he just lets them rest.

We are getting started on the end/beginning of a six year plan to travel the country and start a new chapter of our futures.

Thank you!

I think the silver solutions is the way to go. I thought it was interesting that of the 1000 cigars are so that are aging the DRew Estate where the ones molding.

My stogies are up in Maine in my god fathers hands. Hopefully he just lets them rest.

We are getting started on the end/beginning of a six year plan to travel the country and start a new chapter of our futures.

Thank you!
Shares some pics of the trip as you go!

PS I'm one town over from Windham.

Have fun brother.
Paul

Thank you!
Chances are the DE smokes were the wettest of the bunch, and that's the reason they molded before the others did. But, there's no downside to adding a little silver to the storage environment, to be sure.

When you make it up to the Portland OR area, let's plan on a smoke, if at all possible....!!

Take care, safe travels - !!!

Crazy the way life works. The bank won’t give us a loan if we have been out of work for a bit. Even if we can buy the house with cash outright.

I hatred for banks is growing exponentially everyday.

We cancelled our trip to buy our home in this overpriced market. We will travel next year.

Vive la 2019!!

Crazy the way life works. The bank won’t give us a loan if we have been out of work for a bit. Even if we can buy the house with cash outright.

We cancelled our trip to buy our home in this overpriced market. We will travel next year.

Vive la 2019!!

Can you not buy now and rent it out, while you travel or have you already been out of work for some time and they won't lend until you have a more consistent work history?

Vive la 2019!!
Did you say you were buying in Windham, NH?

Yup Windham NH.

I want to get laid off from the job for the time and then go back. It’s cool with my employer but the mortgage lady is telling us - note funna get a mortgage that way.

I’m fine not having a place to come back to and renting, but the wife said she couldn’t relax the whole trip knowing we have no place to come “home” to.

Oh well. Next year!