• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

my first opus x

Most agree the xXx is the strongest. The smaller sizes tend to pack more wallop then the larger ones.

Most agree the xXx is the strongest. The smaller sizes tend to pack more wallop then the larger ones.

no shit? if i only knew that prior to smoking the xxx, damnit!
lol and atuck was encouraging me to smoke the xxx he bombed with first.
bastid!

If it's any consolation...Opus X are my favorite cigars and I've smoked lots of almost the entire line and I hate the xXx! Not enough depth and way too over-the-top nicotine bomb to be enjoyable. Try the Perfexion X, Fuente Fuente, Petite Lancero or the DC. Those to me are the most enjoyable when aged a bit. Just my $0.02. But most of all...don't give up (or give them all to me)! :whistling:

-Fetter :thumbs:

still love'n the xXx... pretty box they come in! :whistling:

you know how lucasbuck said the smaller the opus, the bigger the nicotine bitch slap? does that apply to other cigars such as a padron anni.?

If it's any consolation...Opus X are my favorite cigars and I've smoked lots of almost the entire line and I hate the xXx! Not enough depth and way too over-the-top nicotine bomb to be enjoyable. Try the Perfexion X, Fuente Fuente, Petite Lancero or the DC. Those to me are the most enjoyable when aged a bit. Just my $0.02. But most of all...don't give up (or give them all to me)! :whistling:

-Fetter :thumbs:

oh yea? what about a no. 4? i have one of those, and more on the way..

it's good to know that the power ranger is supposed to be that way and that the other opus sizes will hopefully more enjoyable for me, i really think that the xxx should come with a warning label, saying something like "warning: nicotine m80, will blow your head out of your ass" or something like that.

xXx is a nice smoke and that's it. imo Opus is an overrated line, gimme a Hemi or Don Carlos any day over an Opus.

They don't call 'em "Power Rangers" for nothing... :D My personal favorite in the Opus line is the Perfecxion X, but I do enjoy a xXx from time to time (full stomach definitely required).

Robert

Watch out for the Opus No.4's as well. They pack just as much of a punch as the Power Ranger.

Watch out for the Opus No.4's as well. They pack just as much of a punch as the Power Ranger.

is that so? damn thanks for the warning, that's the opus i wanted to try next!
i think i'll skip over to the perfection x instead.

so since the xxx has the most nicotine power out of the rest of the opus sizes, does this "smaller stick bigger boom" rule apply for other cigar brands?
is yes, such as which brands?

thanks for the review Oahu.

I've not tried the power ranger, so I've got something to look forward to. I really liked the fuente fuente size. I remember my first one had a really spicy taste to the wrapper unlit; first cigar I seriously nubbed. My second kicked my butt pretty good as I smoked it kind of fast. ;) The robusto was a real pleasant smoke; I took my time and didn't get near the buzz as I get from the fuente fuente.

thanks for the review Oahu.

I've not tried the power ranger, so I've got something to look forward to. I really liked the fuente fuente size. I remember my first one had a really spicy taste to the wrapper unlit; first cigar I seriously nubbed. My second kicked my butt pretty good as I smoked it kind of fast. ;) The robusto was a real pleasant smoke; I took my time and didn't get near the buzz as I get from the fuente fuente.

i hope that the other opus i'll smoke in the future will be more enjoyable and hopefully less um..less ass kicking lol

...does this "smaller stick bigger boom" rule apply for other cigar brands?

In my experience, not really. I think you can find kick-ass small sticks like the Plasencia TKO, but I don't think that this is a rule or even a general pattern.

Wilkey

I don't think it has as much of a kick as the xXx. It has a lot of flavor...lots of flavor! All Opus's come with their nic kick. But I feel that the xXx is made to be that way. I don't really care for the #5 either...the #4, Fuente Fuente, Petite Lancero...all very tasty and perfect size. Now the DC and Reserva D'Chateau...WOW. Then I can try to explain the Lancero...whooo-weee! Ok I'm losing it...

-Fetter :whistling:

...does this "smaller stick bigger boom" rule apply for other cigar brands?

In my experience, not really. I think you can find kick-ass small sticks like the Plasencia TKO, but I don't think that this is a rule or even a general pattern.

Wilkey

oh ok, because i was thinking of trying a padron 1926 next, in the smallest size(i forgot the size name.) and im not ready for another round of nicotine kicks to the head.

I don't think it has as much of a kick as the xXx. It has a lot of flavor...lots of flavor! All Opus's come with their nic kick. But I feel that the xXx is made to be that way. I don't really care for the #5 either...the #4, Fuente Fuente, Petite Lancero...all very tasty and perfect size. Now the DC and Reserva D'Chateau...WOW. Then I can try to explain the Lancero...whooo-weee! Ok I'm losing it...

-Fetter :whistling:

ah ok, i guess i'll just have to see and compare then, i just hope it wont be as overwhelming with the spice as the xxx was.
i really want to try the perfection x, oh and please do, go ahead and tell me your opus x stories!

atuck was encouraging me to smoke the xxx he bombed with first.
bastid!

I would not encourage anyone to smoke a fresh Opus. The one you got from me has like 2 yrs on it. Smoke that one. I am sure you will find it enjoyable. :thumbs:

atuck was encouraging me to smoke the xxx he bombed with first.
bastid!

I would not encourage anyone to smoke a fresh Opus. The one you got from me has like 2 yrs on it. Smoke that one. I am sure you will find it enjoyable. :thumbs:

oh no ways! sweet! in that case, i'll plan to smoke that soon then :D
i dont think i've ever had an aged cigar before. :love:

Smoked one of mine this morning. It was fantastic! :thumbs:

0910061213.jpg

0910061226.jpg

wow that looks really tasty, i cant wait the smoke the no. 46 you gifted me with...shit i can't wait to smoke all the smokes you gifted me with!