• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Man Cave / Britishfields Pub Lounge

Great looking room, John!

By the way, the Queen has hair, I do not!

No snooker table?

Just kidding. Very nice set-up, John.

Very, very awesome...!!  Table for one, smoking section, please.... :p

Damn, that is some nice work you did, I especially like that view of the yard/field? beyond the window. 

4cbln3 said:
Damn, that is some nice work you did, I especially like that view of the yard/field? beyond the window. 

It's the back yard Dave. We don't have anyone behind us and don't ever have to worry about looking at anything but trees and grass back there. :cool:

I've about got it whipped back into a respectable bit of shape after the place sat vacant for over two years. I built a waterfall and breathed some life back into the Koi Pond. It was a bit of a learning curve before I stopped killing the fish, and figured out how to keep the water clear without the use of chemicals. It's kind of sparse looking right now, but really pretty when the perennial flowers and plants come back in and start blooming. 
 It's right outside the room windows, so it's really pleasant to sit outside, or in the room on a nice day with the windows open and listen to the water. You can feel your blood pressure drop!

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10481]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10485]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10482]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10483]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10484]

ETA: The pond is about 1,300 - 1,400 gallons and even though hard to tell in the last picture with the fish shown in it, it's about five feet deep at that end.

Nice peaceful setting John. I have a good friend that lives on the Ct shoreline. He also has a koi pond but the last couple of years his blood pressure has been going up not down. It seems every Great Blue Heron and Osprey in the area knows where to get a free meal. He's got a net over the pond but he keeps finding rips in it. He's not sure if the osprey is ripping it open or if the heron is but as of the last time we spoke he had lost half of his fish.     

As a back yard ornithologist I told him to buy cheaper fish and just enjoy nature at its finest; needless to say he had some choice words for me. :whistling:

Does the water freeze over in the winter time?  How do you take care of the koi then?  Do they just hibernate?