• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need a bigger box

wilddul

Been in the hobby for about 2 years and have outgrown my small humidor. I’ve started buying boxes, so I’m looking for a humidor that holds 50-100 sticks.
anyone have any experience with this brand.

thanks

Been in the hobby for about 2 years and have outgrown my small humidor. I’ve started buying boxes, so I’m looking for a humidor that holds 50-100 sticks.

thanks
Hi Welcome to CigarPass. Head on over to the introduction area and post an introduction. To answer your question, no. But if you are buying boxes of 25 cigars, you are going to need something a lot bigger than something that holds 50-100 sticks. That is normally based on a small ring gauge and length so assume 60% of that... Also I always steer people away from glass humidors because glass can leak. It sounds like you are just getting into buying boxes, maybe a good tupperware would make more sense for a while until you decide how far down this rabbit hole you want to go.

Worth saying there's no better, more stable, cost effective storage than a cooler with beads in it. The downside is....it's a cooler. Good to hide in a closet or under a desk where it's out of the sun. Before I got my cabinet I ran 3 or 4 coolers, and the hygro's consistently hit the setpoint, without much maintenance.

As far as desktop humidors, it's a bit of a crap shoot. Yes, glass top humi's often leak, but that can be cured with some aquarium sealant. I bought a very cheap desktop from Holt's to use as my 'dry box' and after seasoning, the darn thing holds humidity like a champ. You can spend a ton of money on a handsome desktop....there are lots of sources. I'm afraid that unless you spend big $$$, you're going to have to 'buy it and try it'. Lots of sources that Google right up.

thanks
Good advice has been provided. Stick around, read and learn. Lots of great information on the pages of this site.

First, go to the intro forum and introduce yourself so we know who we are welcoming.

I will second the good advice here and I will go a step further and say that if you are going to be serious about cigars, forget about wooden humidors unless you are going to spend big bucks. I wasted so much time and money with desktop humidors until I broke down and bought my first cooler. I have way less money in these three coolers and beads than I threw away on desktops.

As was pointed out, if you are buying by the box a desktop won't work. Desktop capacity is always listed falsely, it's like a tent that says it sleeps six ..... it's actually good for two people.

And, a desktop doesn't allow for any type of organization, you just have to throw all of your cigars in a pile.

Good luck!

Humis 4.jpg

I second the cooler. You can buy a 120qt cooler for $50ish and it will give you room to grow. Toss some humidity beads in there and forget about it. If you stick around here you’ll find that a 100 count humidor will not suit your needs for longer than a new months. Don’t believe me? Just ask @Armer 😂😂

First, go to the intro forum and introduce yourself so we know who we are welcoming.

I will second the good advice here and I will go a step further and say that if you are going to be serious about cigars, forget about wooden humidors unless you are going to spend big bucks. I wasted so much time and money with desktop humidors until I broke down and bought my first cooler. I have way less money in these three coolers and beads than I threw away on desktops.

As was pointed out, if you are buying by the box a desktop won't work. Desktop capacity is always listed falsely, it's like a tent that says it sleeps six ..... it's actually good for two people.

And, a desktop doesn't allow for any type of organization, you just have to throw all of your cigars in a pile.

Good luck!

View attachment 43824
That’s an awesome set up Jeff!

thanks
I listen to an interview with the makers and it seems to be a good one

Good luck!

View attachment 43824
Holy shit

I second the cooler. You can buy a 120qt cooler for $50ish and it will give you room to grow. Toss some humidity beads in there and forget about it. If you stick around here you’ll find that a 100 count humidor will not suit your needs for longer than a new months. Don’t believe me? Just ask @Armer 😂😂
Hundred percent

I actually had to scrap the cooler for bow cuz the temp wouldn't stay where I need it, so I got something like @ConDaddy and it seems to be good

Good luck!

View attachment 43824
That's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen

Thx for the advice. I will skip the desktop and go with tupperware for now. It’s glass better than plastic? Or does it not matter?
How about humidity. Are the boveda packs better than the gel pucks?
And also by saying I’m buying boxes of cigars now, I meant to say I had an opportunity to buy 2 good boxes, it’s not the norm for me. Usually 5 packs. But I now need a place to store 50 plus cigars....

thx

Thx for the advice. I will skip the desktop and go with tupperware for now. It’s glass better than plastic? Or does it not matter?
How about humidity. Are the boveda packs better than the gel pucks?
And also by saying I’m buying boxes of cigars now, I meant to say I had an opportunity to buy 2 good boxes, it’s not the norm for me. Usually 5 packs. But I now need a place to store 50 plus cigars....

thx
Plastic is fine, and either Boveda or beads, gel pucks are garbage for the most part.