• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need a little transaction advice please

And why would he let it get to this point when the check is in the mail.....

Good question ... only he knows, I can only guess he didn't have the funds at that moment...but that gave him no reason to not communicate or answer any of my PM's. Some people are just private I guess

spelling

bank is open be back in a bit ...

9 Members: Marcos, Nimrod, rehrlich, lovetheleaf, tone-ny, gregm, Unclebillybonz, Sweetrice80, MX

I was just about to post the same thing. He is here and watching. Hopefully he will respond.
He did respond. I contacted him through his craigslist ad and told him he needed to respond to this thread. He's e-mail response back to me was:

you guys are funny

I think we have our answer.

The rest of this thread aside, that is just shitty. Again I suggest someone who has received a check from him check the transaction, get his bank and routing and report him to his bank for fraud. See how funny it all is when his debit card gets declined at the gas station for suspicious activity.

Were I running late like this, I'd have sent the check with a DC or overnighted it to be sure that everyone could see that it was sent, and that it was received.

"One time the bank repossessed my car because I didn't make a payment on
it for a little over a year. A man showed up at my door and said,
'Mr. Foxworthy, if you don't give me $500, the Camaro is going with me.'
I got mad. 'Five hundred dollars? Who keeps that kind of cash around?'
'You mean you can't write me a check?'
'No, I can't...a check? Oh, I thought you wanted MONEY. Hell, I want to
pay the whole thing off right now!'"

-Jeff Foxworthy

17 Members: grateful1, mmburtch, Unclebillybonz, LilBastage, Seanholio, vinnyvega, Whopper, bfisher88, rehrlich, crluap, insight, Mike33, jfields, FRANCO593, JHolmes763, MocoBird, gregm

Whoops there he is!

Why did you not speak up...or return pm's?

I swear I'm having Deja Vu right now....if thats how it spelled. Glad to see its on its way to get resolved.

16 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)
15 Members: Mike33, rehrlich, jayro75, MocoBird, mmburtch, SLewis, MX, FRANCO593, crluap, stevehawk, Eshaw99, bfisher88, insight, JHolmes763, gregm

Excellent question.

Rehrlich, why not just post that you put the check in the mail on <enter date>? You've been reading the thread, you could have easily difused much of the tension with a quick post. Jeez.

Rod based on all the info in this thread, I would say you are not going to find many or any here willing to trade with you again. You are also ballanced on the edge of being banned. If it were up to me, which side of that edge you fell toward would depend heavily on whether and how you responded to this thread. Think about it.

But but Steve its more fun to cause drama and get reamed out on line for being a dumbass...

Really seriously rehrlich all it would have taken was one lousy PM...

You are also ballanced on the edge of being banned. To which side of that edge you fell toward would depend heavily on whether the check clears.

fixed :sign:

But but Steve its more fun to cause drama and get reamed out on line for being a dumbass...

Really seriously rehrlich all it would have taken was one lousy PM...

You are also ballanced on the edge of being banned. To which side of that edge you fell toward would depend heavily on whether the check clears.

fixed :sign:

Well yeah if you want to take all the metaphysical aspects away. :sign:

This guy has been on CP since June 07. You don't ask a guy that's been here for over a year to send his end first.
Brian, I see where you're coming from here, but I gotta disagree. If I'm selling cigars, and I don't know the person who is buying from me, they gotta send their end first. I don't care how long they've been here. If I'm buying from someone who doesn't know me, I expect to send my end first, especially if I'm newer to the community than they are. I am willing to make exceptions for members who have been here a very long time, who have stellar reputations. However, rehrlich didn't fall into that category, even before this whole episode.

In the end, it all boils down to trust, and people like rehrlich are the reason it's hard to earn trust around here.
I see what you are saying and putting it that way, I agree with you. Prudence is a virtue.

I would, in any event, ask someone for a reference if I didn't know the guy, even if he had been here a year.

What I was getting at ,is that when someone trades openly for a year, you never know when the dark cloud in him may come out, if he has one. We are after all, only as good as
our last performance.

Mike, I hope your check goes through. If it were me people were throwing their toys out of the stroller about and I had already sent a check, I would be defending myself
vigorously ??? ???

Brian

Shame my good name has been drug through the mud. Please, call me Todd. :)

Before you cash the check, call his bank and ensure that there are funds in the account to cover the check amount. They won't tell you how much money he has, but they will definitely tell you if the check will bounce or not. If there are funds to cover the check, I would highly advise you go to his bank, assuming there is a branch nearby, and cash the check there. That way there is no chance of it bouncing, you'll receive the funds in cash immediately.

Shame my good name has been drug through the mud. Please, call me Todd. :)

Before you cash the check, call his bank and ensure that there are funds in the account to cover the check amount. They won't tell you how much money he has, but they will definitely tell you if the check will bounce or not. If there are funds to cover the check, I would highly advise you go to his bank, assuming there is a branch nearby, and cash the check there. That way there is no chance of it bouncing, you'll receive the funds in cash immediately.

Sound advice, sorry that other guy messed up your good name!

i actually did pm wed advising that the check was on the way. i followed up again this morning. a few of the facts that were misplaced. i also im merkinmullet on wednesday which he inaccurately said was yesterday at 3:00. and nice job guys on all of the physical threats. i wonder if the fbi would look at a check being mailed out 8 or 9 days late or having someone threaten you physically?

i actually think some of you, not all of you enjoy it when this happens. gives you a chance to go off on someone just like when a newbie posts a for sale or a newbie asks about a ISOM source in public.

i actually did pm wed advising that the check was on the way. i followed up again this morning. a few of the facts that were misplaced. i also im merkinmullet on wednesday which he inaccurately said was yesterday at 3:00. and nice job guys on all of the physical threats. i wonder if the fbi would look at a check being mailed out 8 or 9 days late or having someone threaten you physically?

i actually think some of you, not all of you enjoy it when this happens. gives you a chance to go off on someone just like when a newbie posts a for sale or a newbie asks about a ISOM source in public.

You forgot to use the SHIFT key...or were you just late hitting it?

Well what took you so long to respond if you took care of business?

You forgot to use the SHIFT key...or were you just late hitting it?

That is funny. :laugh: