• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Never To Early

This is full!!! Let the trash talking start..... Here are all the participates.

Sweetrice80 (myself)
MX (Tim)
Big Jake (Jake)
garlicbreath (Tony)
Nashkicker (Jim)
lurch (Mike)
smokintexas (Kyle)
Jonesy (Brian)
:Monty: (Dan)
{tpc} (Tony)
Doc Wylie (Tom)
Friggame (Blair)

So here is the deal now. We need to set an online draft date. I prefer to have the draft be sometime after the second week of preseason. which is anywhere between Aug 24th to Sept. 2. Reason for this is because I refuse to draft someone that could possibly get hurt during a meanless preseason game.

Secondly, we need to figure out how and who would like to collect all the cigars and the pay out. I have a coolidor that I can use but I am out of empty boxes to put the cigars in. Thus we need to figure something out.

Thirdly, Trash talking is allowed and encouraged by all members of this league.

Let the studying begin.

David

David, why don't you pick out 3 - 4 dates and times for drafts and we can vote on one and then tweek it to meet everyone's schedule. I work 12 hour shifts and have a firewall that prevents me from accessing the draft...I don't particularly want to be on autodraft for this.

Secondly, if need be, I could keep the sticks in my cabinet. That would save you some postage. :)

12 people = 60 sticks

League Champ = 30 sticks
Second place = 15 sticks
Third Place = 10 sticks
Dead last = 5 sticks .....what say you?

Ok that sounds good thanks Brian.

Since you have room, why don't we send all sticks to Brain. Now, make sure its $8+ sticks, if in doubt ask.

We should set a deadline on when to send the sticks to Brain lets make it. Aug. 28th. I will remind everyone when that date comes closer.

Ok here are some brain storming ideas for draft dates:

Aug. 28th anytime after 6PM
Aug. 29th Anytime(I am sure more people would like it to be a night thing)
Aug. 30th Anytime after 5PM

Sept. 4th Anytime over 6PM
Sept. 5th Anytime (I am sure more people would like it to be a night thing)
Sept. 6 Anytime after 5PM

If none of you experience ESPN drafting, the way it works is about 2 hours before the draft is about to start ESPN will randomly select the draft order. They have Live chat, and position players are taken down from a large database that ESPN provides. Through my experience and eyes ESPN fantasy is second to none.

David

My vote is for either 8/29 or 9/5.

Another idea for distribution of prizes is:

Each of the three regular season division winners gets 5 sticks
Playoff champ gets 25 sticks
Playoff runner-up gets 15 sticks
Last place gets 5 sticks

My vote is for either 8/29 or 9/5.

Another idea for distribution of prizes is:

Each of the three regular season division winners gets 5 sticks
Playoff champ gets 25 sticks
Playoff runner-up gets 15 sticks
Last place gets 5 sticks

I had thought about the division winners also Doc, but chances are, 2 of the top three finishers will probably be division champs anyways.

Aug. 28th anytime after 6PM
Aug. 29th Anytime(I am sure more people would like it to be a night thing)
Aug. 30th Anytime after 5PM

Sept. 4th Anytime over 6PM
Sept. 5th Anytime (I am sure more people would like it to be a night thing)
Sept. 6 Anytime after 5PM

Through my experience and eyes ESPN fantasy is second to none.

David
I'm good with the 28th, 29th, 30th. The other 3 I'm on nights, so it would be no good for me.

David is right, ESPN's FFL, especially the draft, is the best I've seen and I've been playing for years.

I would prefer the weekend either saturday or sunday. I work evenings and could not participate in hte draft otherwise.

It may also be a good thing for each of us to post the 5 cigars that are being sent. This gives us a public inventory, plus it takes away the chance of someone inadvertently sending a cigar that doesn't meet the requirements.

I don't care about the draft date since I'll let the computer pick anyway. :sign: vacation, golf, kids, swim meets, etc..

Side bets anyone?

I don't care about the draft date since I'll let the computer pick anyway. :sign: vacation, golf, kids, swim meets, etc..

Side bets anyone?

Fuggin' Pens fan.....I'll take on a little side bet with you. Same type of 5'er it costs to get in this league.

If it is the weekend i can make araingements to be there no problem. So am open to any weekend date. As far as reward structure the :
League Champ = 30 sticks
Second place = 15 sticks
Third Place = 10 sticks
Dead last = 5 sticks

is fine with me. I look forward to trying all 30 cigars.

I cannot do the 29th or 30th....29th is a local league I run plus i get the task of setting everything up. The 30th i am celebrating my sons birthday party (which is actually the 29th :p).

Any of the other days i should be able to fit in no sweat.

Just about any day works for me as long as I have enough notice, primarily weekends and evenings work best for me though. I'm looking forward to this!

Guys, any day or time will work for me, due to the fact that I hope to be on vacation that time frame, and the fact that I am like a half a day ahead of all you........

Damn Time Zones....

If I can not make the draft day, I will just let the the auto picker run wild.

Tim

Hey guys, Sorry Been lacking on this but I was away for the weekend. I will get on top of this within the next day or two. If you have not selected a day yet please do. I want to see if there are any common days that everyone can agree on. Also, I think most of us agree on the pay out of

winner 30
2nd 15
3rd 10
last 5

Also, when I give everyone the Go to send their sticks, there has been a change of plans, we will be sending them to me to put in my coolidor. Thanks

David

OK I still need some people to chime in on their preferred draft date. Here is what we got so far.

Doc Wylie: 8/29 or 9/5
Jonesy: 8/28-8/30
Nashkicker: any weekend
Garlic Breath: computer pick
Friggame: any weekend
TPC: Any day BUT 8/29 and 8/30
Smokintexas: weekends
MX: auto draft

I need to hear from the following soon:
:monty:
Lurch
BigJake

So far the only common date that seems to work, expect for Jonesy, is 9/5. Brian is 9/5 no good for you?

David

OK I still need some people to chime in on their preferred draft date. Here is what we got so far.

Doc Wylie: 8/29 or 9/5
Jonesy: 8/28-8/30
Nashkicker: any weekend
Garlic Breath: computer pick
Friggame: any weekend
TPC: Any day BUT 8/29 and 8/30
Smokintexas: weekends
MX: auto draft

I need to hear from the following soon:
:monty:
Lurch
BigJake

So far the only common date that seems to work, expect for Jonesy, is 9/5. Brian is 9/5 no good for you?

David

9/5 is out for me David due to being blocked by a work firewall (on a 12 nightshift)

Any weekend.... (in the evening)

Oh yea... Don't worry Brian, I'll pick for you ;)

edit to add the 'evening' portion...