• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Cigars By Pete

The only way a B&M loses money is if the allotted amount of boxes didn't reach them. We are all assuming here, but you would have to assume that the "agreement" was only for a set number of boxes, with over-runs, pre-releases, etc. left to Pete's discretion. Of course, nobody here knows for sure.

The only way a B&M loses money is if the allotted amount of boxes didn't reach them. We are all assuming here, but you would have to assume that the "agreement" was only for a set number of boxes, with over-runs, pre-releases, etc. left to Pete's discretion. Of course, nobody here knows for sure.

But, if I decide to buy the pre-release from Robbie instead of G Street, the G Street loses my business and therefore my money. In reality G Street probably sold their entire allotment. I would say that G Street's biggest complaint was the fact that they had exclusive rights to carry that cigar line, and Pete (or whomever because I'm only assuming) violated that agreement by selling the pre-release to Robbie. If you ran a business and had an exclusive distribution agreement with a manufacturer, would you get pissed if they were selling your product out there back door without your permission? Even is you got your entire allotment?

Again, I have no issue with Robbie, so you don't have to defend him.

My comment isn't for the purpose of defending Robbie. No one knows what the agreement actually was. Also, Robbie didn't get a finished product for retail sale. Everybody is speculating at this point.

I agree with you about the exclusivity point though, but it is up to those parties to decide the terms.

Times must be changing here, because not long ago, how Pete decided to transact business with his distributors was viewed a little differently.

I would be curious to know what Isy, Al, or one of our other vendors thoughts on this are? If one of them contracted an exclusive cigar for their shop, how do the issues of over runs, etc. get dealt with?

I would be curious to know what Isy, Al, or one of our other vendors thoughts on this are? If one of them contracted an exclusive cigar for their shop, how do the issues of over runs, etc. get dealt with?

That's a good question. I would ask what they do with the overruns. However, it's up to them....not me. If they tell me they're holding on the the overruns, what can I do? And as for exclusive cigars being sold elsewhere, it's done all the time. Welcome to the cigar world.

That's a good question. I would ask what they do with the overruns. However, it's up to them....not me. If they tell me they're holding on the the overruns, what can I do? And as for exclusive cigars being sold elsewhere, it's done all the time. Welcome to the cigar world.

Wow, that sucks. Thanks for the info, I was not aware the exclusive doesn't actually mean exclusive in the cigar world. :laugh:

From Pete:

Surprisingly enough R. Fields Wine Co. [The store getting the cigars] is a a boutique store inside a couple grocery stores. They are a high end store and carry only the best product.

FYI, The tax you guys are talking about [a reference to Hawaii high tax increase on tobacco recently put into place] is not included in the retail price and will not be added on either. I'll be talking to Marvin [he is the contact man to get to these cigars] today to confirm the shipping but he should get these in this week.

Again, I am in for five if anyone is moving on this.

So I shouldn't sell these pre-release Tat Black Torps without the tubes then?

Jim
No you shouldn't! That would be wrong. Send them to me for disposal... :whistling:

From a conversation I had with R. Field Wine Co...it sounds like if you're on the island(s) ("one second...~pause~...you're here on the island?") your going to know when these hit long before anybody on the mainland. They're taking contact information though.

I'm in for a fiver if anybody does something with these

From a newbie POV...

Pre-Release sticks being distributed around "the" cigar board only adds to the mayhem of obtaining said cigars (some manufacturers do that here on purpose). I see those "select" shops being bombarded with even more business since CP knows they carry them. Therefore, Tatuaje (or any other manufacturer) becomes that much more in demand. Both, the select shops and Pete, will benefit from this. I see no problem. Look at the previous posts...mayhem! ;) IMHo.

Derek

Just have him commission 100 boxes of CP specials, I'm sure he'd be up for that, LOL.

From a newbie POV...

Pre-Release sticks being distributed around "the" cigar board only adds to the mayhem of obtaining said cigars (some manufacturers do that here on purpose). I see those "select" shops being bombarded with even more business since CP knows they carry them. Therefore, Tatuaje (or any other manufacturer) becomes that much more in demand. Both, the select shops and Pete, will benefit from this. I see no problem. Look at the previous posts...mayhem! ;) IMHo.

Derek
As a noob I can admit that I wouldn't even know about Pete and his line, if not for the hype from CPs' and the few selected-release fivers' I've picked up on this board.

If anything, the deals some of you get and pass on have significantly increased the demand.