• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Pass?

Just imagin how I must feel with my kaboom pass about to come home..Just one more passer..I pretty much gave up the PP dance ,I think I'll just spend the next week and a half on the can.
Glad your pass is coming home soon,Wolfman.I hope you had as much fun with it as I did.Thanks for an exellent pass,and for letting me play.

Thanks for the good words and , thank you for playing. If I didn't have six left feet, I'd be doing the PP dance.

It's been eight days since JerryG sent the pass to Gil. Haven't heard anything yet from Gil. Hey Gil, my brother, can you let me know what's up with the pass at this current moment? Hope to hear from you real soon.

Sent an e-mail to Gil to find out what's up.  Haven't heard from him yet.  Hope to real soon.  Hey Gil, you out there?  Shoot me an e-mail and LMK what's up. ???

USPS strikes again. :angry: According to their wbsite this pass was mailed by JerryG, but never delivered to Gil. :angry: So I guess this means that his pass is lost in the USPS Triangle. :angry: Needless to say, I'm p.o.'d at their incompetence although I shouldn't be surprised. :angry: Hopefully this pass will appear again at somtime. :(

OK looks like this pass is dead. :( Just did another check with the USPS and no sign of the box. :angry: I guess, until it finds its way out of the abyss known as the U.S. Postal Service (highly unlikely) we'll never see it again. :( :angry: ???

That's terrible. USPS truly sucks. Was there insurance on it?
I prefer UPS for a number of reasons. Such as they pick up versus standing in line for 20 minutes average at the PO, $100 insurance included, and typically a better performance record. I think they are less expensive.
There were some mighty fine cigars in that box. You would be really bummed out if you saw what was in the box. Email me your address and I will send you a condolence box. Unfortunately it won't equal the box but it may ease the loss.
Peter

Hey Pepe. thanks for the offer :) , but that's not necessary ;) . It's just one of the hazards of passing that we all face :( , and I'm cool with that :cool: . But thanks, anyway :D .

Wolfman my friend , Have you asked JerryG to check with the post office,as the package was insured when it left him ?
:(

Good going Vern. I didn't even think about that. Thanks. I'll e-mail Jery now, to see what he can do on his end. Once again thanks. :D :D :D :D :D

Wolfman,

Got your email about the "lost" box. As stated in my reply I will apply the screws to USPS from this end. Hopefully the box will show up soon.

Jerry

OK. Got it. Insured Mail Receipt #V8 237 681 523 US - $200.00 - Sept.01,2001

Will call in the a.m.

JerryG

OK. Here is what two customer service phone reps told me - "Sorry". That's basically it.

They said a delivery confirmation number does not provide tracking information enough to know where the box is.

With a receipt, to prove box conten'ts value, I can file a USPS form #1000 and receive the insurance money. In this case $200.

I told the lady I would go all the way to the President to find our box. She laughed.

Humor at this point in our US history is not where the USPS is today. A grim lot, as well they should be.

So, unless anybody has a $200 cigar receipt, we have to wait and see if the box eventually turns up.

Miracles have and do happen all the time.

OK. Here is what two customer service phone reps told me - "Sorry". That's basically it.

They said a deliver confirmation number does not provide tracking information enough to know where the box is.

With a receipt, to prove box contents value, I can file a USPS form #1000 and receive the insurance money. In this case $200.

I told the lady I would go all the way to the President to find our box. She laughed.

Humor at this point in our US history is not where the USPS is today. A grim lot, as well they should be.

So, unless anybody has a $200 cigar receipt, we have to wait and see if the box eventually turns up.

Miracles have and do happen all the time.

I wasn't involved in this pass, but have been following it. Has anything turned up? Just curious...

Dave :lookup:

Sorry, I haven't been on the board for a while, but work's been really busy and crazy since the sporting season has once again come into full swing. For those who don't know, I work for a sports talk radio station here. I'm a board operator and also part-time webmaster for the station. It's a fun job, but at this time of the year a real pain in the @$$.

Anyway, thanks Jerry for the update. I guess we're up the creek without a paddle. Oh well, let's see, what's a nice way of putting it: feces occurs!!!

I've been following this thread too and .....well....as always ...
sticking my nose into other people's business but....

I would think someone (maybe even me if I looked real hard) could find a receipt for $200. Hell, go purchase a receipt book and fill out your own receipt. The other option, and this is when it pays to patronize your local smoke shop, is go to your local smoke shop and tell them the story. I know mine would ring me a receipt with date changes and all in a heart beat.
Just thinking out loud here..... :cool: I wouldn't let this go!