• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Study on Health Effects & Premium Cigars

Do you retrohale?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zero inhale here. I have only known 1 or 2 cigar smokers who inhale, and they don't do it every puff. I would say 95%+ cigars smokers do not inhale.

Well.. that can be a bit misleading as I do not consider retrohaling and inhaling as the same thing.

I don't think I've ever seen, or at least noticed, anyone inhale a premium handroll on each puff. Seeing someone retrohale can be misinterpreted as inhaling... but it's a learned skill that serves a very specific purpose.

Good afternoon! I understand that if you have disrupted the sleep mode, then it is very difficult to restore it. If I were you, I would go to a cbd. I think CBD gummies is a great option for you. It will help with your sleep issues, it's inexpensive, and it's delicious! I feel like all of these are great, so go for it!

The article failed to mention the study on cigarettes by cancer.gov. This is a part of the article:
"Of the more than 7,000 chemicals in tobacco smoke, at least 250 are known to be harmful, including hydrogen cyanide, carbon monoxide, and ammonia"
This is a partial list of those chemicals:
Acetaldehyde, Aromatic amines, Arsenic, Benzene, Beryllium (a toxic metal), Butadiene (a hazardous gas), Cadmium (a toxic metal), Chromium (a metallic element), Cumene, Ethylene oxide, Formaldehyde, Nickel (a metallic element), Polonium-210 (a radioactive chemical element), Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), Tobacco-specific nitrosamines, and Vinyl chloride.

Cancer.org says this:
"Cigar smoke has many of the same toxic and carcinogenic compounds as cigarette smoke, but some of them are present at different levels."
Which means that no substantive study has really been done.

I've continuously smoked premium cigars since 1968...my dad smoked them and so did my grandfather.
54 years later and my lung images are pristine. And I've always been a daily cigar smoker.
I have never smoked a single cigarette.

JD hides his tactics of appealing to the Joe Camel generation is hidden under the guise of giving tag artists a new avenue for displaying their art. That is B.S. Drew knows exactly what he is doing.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Good afternoon! I understand that if you have disrupted the sleep mode, then it is very difficult to restore it. If I were you, I would go to a cbd. I think CBD gummies is a great option for you. It will help with your sleep issues, it's inexpensive, and it's delicious! I feel like all of these are great, so go for it!
@Ambassador4374 this is a prime example of what we were talking about in the other thread.

Vibrant is one thing... but the war on big tobacco had even Joe Camel canceled. I'm not saying I agree.. but if you're trying to keep the FDA and any other regulatory agency off the industry's back.. don't do this:

View attachment 53136View attachment 53137View attachment 53138View attachment 53139View attachment 53140View attachment 53141View attachment 53142

This is from their own website and is a big F.U. that every other premium cigar maker would wish they'd stop. And this is just what I grabbed in a minute or so. It's also not anywhere how they were in the mid to late aughts.. before Swisher snatched them up... Swisher.

They were much more flagrant and I think it was right about '12 or '13 that Saka had enough and started DT&T. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a sucker for 9's and 52's, and most of Willy's blends... hopefully the tamping down by Swisher and the findings in this study can start veering the FDA away from premiums.

Finally.
I mean that's a fidget spinner alright...
SmartSelect_20220901-200420_Samsung Internet.jpg
Vibrant is one thing... but the war on big tobacco had even Joe Camel canceled. I'm not saying I agree.. but if you're trying to keep the FDA and any other regulatory agency off the industry's back.. don't do this:

View attachment 53136View attachment 53137View attachment 53138View attachment 53139View attachment 53140View attachment 53141View attachment 53142

This is from their own website and is a big F.U. that every other premium cigar maker would wish they'd stop. And this is just what I grabbed in a minute or so. It's also not anywhere how they were in the mid to late aughts.. before Swisher snatched them up... Swisher.

They were much more flagrant and I think it was right about '12 or '13 that Saka had enough and started DT&T. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a sucker for 9's and 52's, and most of Willy's blends... hopefully the tamping down by Swisher and the findings in this study can start veering the FDA away from premiums.

Finally.

I don't think the Graffiti is marketed towards kids. It's part of their Brooklyn background, where JD is from. Also, no savvy cigar company is going to market to kids, they're not a money strapped segment of the population. DE is aware that infused cigars are on the chopping block, but why would they stop printing money until they legally have to? They sell more Acid Blondies than almost every other company sells their entire product lines.

That being said, I can't stand them, wouldn't smoke themem, but from a business perspective, I understand it. A lot of military, cops, firefighters, and bikers smoke acids. I have yet to meet a teenager that's into shelling out $10 for a cigar, most of them are into their vaper pens, which are certainly marketed towards kids.

I don't think the Graffiti is marketed towards kids. It's part of their Brooklyn background, where JD is from. Also, no savvy cigar company is going to market to kids, they're not a money strapped segment of the population. DE is aware that infused cigars are on the chopping block, but why would they stop printing money until they legally have to? They sell more Acid Blondies than almost every other company sells their entire product lines.

That being said, I can't stand them, wouldn't smoke themem, but from a business perspective, I understand it. A lot of military, cops, firefighters, and bikers smoke acids. I have yet to meet a teenager that's into shelling out $10 for a cigar, most of them are into their vaper pens, which are certainly marketed towards kids.
It is a fact that most kids start their tobacco journey smoking flavored cigarettes or cigars. Acid makes cigarillos for a buck a pop, or less. A corona can be had for around $6. I sold a lot of cheap Acids on and off during 2020 and 2021...as the pandemic would allow. All of them to guys in their early 20's.
Data from tobaccofreekids.org:
"Historically, cigar manufacturers designed flavored cigars to serve as “starter” smokes for youth
and young adults because the flavors helped mask the harshness, making the products easier to smoke.
Recently, there has been an explosion of cheap, flavored cigars. Sales of cigars (i.e., large cigars,
cigarillos, and small cigars) have more than doubled between 2000 and 2020, from 6.2 billion cigars to
13.2 billion cigars, and sales have been generally increasing at a time when cigarette smoking has been declining.

"Data from all Nielsen-tracked channels* show that 47.5% of all cigars sold in the first half of 2020
were flavored. During that same period, 48.3% of cigarillos (which made up 94.2% of overall cigar
sales) sold were flavored; 48.5% of little cigars sold were flavored; and 15.8% of large cigars sold
were flavored.

"The top five most popular cigar brands among 12- to 17-year olds who have used cigars – Swisher
Sweets, Black & Mild, Backwoods, White Owl, and Dutch Masters – all come in flavor varieties."

There are currently over 17,000 artists living in Brooklyn. But then Acid was not designed to attract a sophisticated customer base. Hence, graffiti that looks like cartoons.
JD knows full well that his splashy artwork gets noticed by everyone.
Drew is not immune to the above facts. His cigarillos are one of Acid's main sources of sales.

It is a fact that most kids start their tobacco journey smoking flavored cigarettes or cigars. Acid makes cigarillos for a buck a pop, or less. A corona can be had for around $6. I sold a lot of cheap Acids on and off during 2020 and 2021...as the pandemic would allow. All of them to guys in their early 20's.
Data from tobaccofreekids.org:
"Historically, cigar manufacturers designed flavored cigars to serve as “starter” smokes for youth
and young adults because the flavors helped mask the harshness, making the products easier to smoke.
Recently, there has been an explosion of cheap, flavored cigars. Sales of cigars (i.e., large cigars,
cigarillos, and small cigars) have more than doubled between 2000 and 2020, from 6.2 billion cigars to
13.2 billion cigars, and sales have been generally increasing at a time when cigarette smoking has been declining.

"Data from all Nielsen-tracked channels* show that 47.5% of all cigars sold in the first half of 2020
were flavored. During that same period, 48.3% of cigarillos (which made up 94.2% of overall cigar
sales) sold were flavored; 48.5% of little cigars sold were flavored; and 15.8% of large cigars sold
were flavored.

"The top five most popular cigar brands among 12- to 17-year olds who have used cigars – Swisher
Sweets, Black & Mild, Backwoods, White Owl, and Dutch Masters – all come in flavor varieties."

There are currently over 17,000 artists living in Brooklyn. But then Acid was not designed to attract a sophisticated customer base. Hence, graffiti that looks like cartoons.
JD knows full well that his splashy artwork gets noticed by everyone.
Drew is not immune to the above facts. His cigarillos are one of Acid's main sources of sales.
First, I was under the impression that JD was only a marketing figurehead in the company now, and really had nothing to do with P&L.

You said you sold a lot of cheap ACIDs, "all of them to guys in their early 20s". That sounds like exactly the market demographic that DE is aiming for. I'm not saying that teens NEVER buy the cheap-o ACIDs, but you also quote the study that shows that the five most popular brands among 12-17 year olds who have used cigars (exactly how great of the youth population does this entail?) were traditional gas station machine made crap tobacco which are easily and most often purchased at gas stations and corner stores, not actual B&M tobacconists. I readily admit that my first foray into "cigars" was with Swishers when I was 17 or 18, but to this day I can probably count on one hand (and have fingers left over) how many teens I have personally witnessed smoking premium cigars (even flavored sticks).

I 100% agree that flavored tobacco of all varieties is intended as a gateway for new users, but I don't believe that DE in any way consciously markets specifically to those younger than legal purchasing age with their urban culture designs.