• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NewAir AWC-330E wine-adore build

Backslide said:
I'm still unsure why you went with beads. IMHO they don't work well in a big humidor. I use beads in my humidor as a buffer, not as a primary humidification source. Active is the most efficient if you have the $$$ to spend on it.
I was originally going to go with active humidification but I've read
a lot of bad things about the $150/$180 models and I really didn't have the money to blow $4 just
gor a humidifier.

Also every body here
talks abput beads
like they're from heaven or something

Just finished adding the rest of my
beads.
I now literally have 2 1/2 pounds
of beads in my wineadore

If this doesn't help I'm gonna have to get a cheap
active humidification unit.

The cooler is actually drying
out the beads.
K set the JC to 73.
If thst doesn't help I'll just unplug it
until I can get an active humidification
unit

Can't leave the damn thing unplugged either.
Left it unplugged for about 45 minutes and the temperature shot up to 75º.
Humidity shot up to 70% but I can't deal with that 75º.
That's too damn hot.

I think I might put my cheap cigars in the kooladore and put the good ones back in the regular  humidor and just throw the damn thing back in the basement.
$&@! this.

Damn! What do you keep your house temp at? I have had mine unplugged since late November. It's been perfect at 66-68 degrees.

Rh drops all the way to 40% when the cooler is running
and then jumps back up 70% when it shuts back off.
I knew I was gonna have Rh jumps
but that's unreal.
Taking the beads out of the bags and putting them in containers helped a little.

diapanos said:
Damn! What do you keep your house temp at? I have had mine unplugged since late November. It's been perfect at 66-68 degrees.
77º

Well that is definitely a factor when it comes to unplugging it.  I keep my place at 64-68.

modo22 said:

77º

Well that is definitely a factor when it comes to unplugging it.  I keep my place at 64-68.

Brrrr
I'm on dialysis I'd freeze to death if I kept it that low!

jsm11 said:
Why's it drying out the beads? :(

It's a compressor model.
As far as I can tell the compressor in this thing is just that powerful.

I would charge the beads and later that day they'd all be white again.

I tried taking them out of the bags Heartfelt sells and putting them in containers (and completely soaking all of them) but my Rh is still dropping to about 38% when the compressor kicks on.

diapanos said:

It's a compressor model.

I tried taking them out of the bags Heartfelt sells and putting them in containers (and completely soaking all of them) but my Rh is still dropping to about 38% when the compressor kicks on.

???  :(

diapanos said:

It's a compressor model.

Where is the condensation going then?  If it's sucking that much moisture out of the beads, it has to be going somewhere.  My compressor model, condensates and I have it redirected back into the bottom, into a container of beads. 

bfreebern said:

It's a compressor model.

Where is the condensation going then?  If it's sucking that much moisture out of the beads, it has to be going somewhere.  My compressor model, condensates and I have it redirected back into the bottom, into a container of beads. 

Weird.

There's some condensation on the top half of the back wall but halw way down the back wall it just stops.

DSC_0367 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

DSC_0369 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

What is that container, that looks like applesauce?  Are those the beads?  They look way too wet, way too soupy.

bfreebern said:
What is that container, that looks like applesauce?  Are those the beads?  They look way too wet, way too soupy.

Yeah that's the beads.
I wanted to see if putting that much distilled water in them would help keep my Rh levels up.
Didn't make any difference  :(

I've smoked 2 cigars out of this cooler so far.
The EC Carrillo's wrapper came apart
ax I smoked it.
The Asylum Straight Jacket smoked just fine though.
And the Bold by Nish Patel I'm enjoying right now
is burning perfectly.

diapanos said:
Still fighting the Rh blues.
Rh keeps stabilizing at 63% and I've already got nearly 2lbs of 65% beads in there.
Maybe I should have gotten 70% beads.

Have had the same issue in my Savoy. Been dropping 55%-60% with the 65% beads. Not sure if its the beads or the humi but at least with the 70% it gives it a higher start point. Wine-a-dore looks great!