• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Pass 101

Sweet. I get home tomorrow, should receive it by the 31st and will have my T/Ps there abouts the same day. A problem I'm running into is everybody has put cigars I already have so I'm limited to a few that I've had my eye on since BigJake started the pass.

God it's only gotten prettier since its moved from my neck of the woods. Great pics man!

_craig_

I'm almost embarrassed to say this but maybe someone could tell me how to add pics to the posts. I feel very inept. I have added pics to my album, but can't seem to figure out how to post them

It took me a bit to figure it out. I am sure there is an easier way, but I uploaded them into a gallery (look up between members/calendar), did a "direct link" to find out the URL and then put them in with the "Image" button on the "reply to this topic" toolbar.

I am curious to know if there is an easier way?

I usually host mine via Photobucket. Then just copy the direct link into your post.

I'm almost embarrassed to say this but maybe someone could tell me how to add pics to the posts. I feel very inept. I have added pics to my album, but can't seem to figure out how to post them

I find it 'easy' when Im reading a thread and want to post up a pic on that thread, I just open up a "new tab/window" on the web and log onto CP.

1.) So now I have the original thread I was reading on one page, and in the new tab-open is my profile page on CP. Then, in the new tab, I click on the Gallery and then click on the pic I wish to post. When the pic pops up, look to the right of the page- there is an Options box. Click it and scroll down to Share Link. Abox pops up with 4 links- highlight the one that says Image Link and then copy it.

2.) Now that you have copied the link... go back to your original page with the thread you were reading and about to post in. In the comment box is a small icon that looks like a picture of a tree. Click it and a URL box pops up. This is where you paste the link you copied. All done

It sounds like a lot, but after couple times, it's pretty simple.... Hope this helps ?

I find it 'easy' when Im reading a thread and want to post up a pic on that thread, I just open up a "new tab/window" on the web and log onto CP.

1.) So now I have the original thread I was reading on one page, and in the new tab-open is my profile page on CP. Then, in the new tab, I click on the Gallery and then click on the pic I wish to post. When the pic pops up, look to the right of the page- there is an Options box. Click it and scroll down to Share Link. Abox pops up with 4 links- highlight the one that says Image Link and then copy it.

2.) Now that you have copied the link... go back to your original page with the thread you were reading and about to post in. In the comment box is a small icon that looks like a picture of a tree. Click it and a URL box pops up. This is where you paste the link you copied. All done

It sounds like a lot, but after couple times, it's pretty simple.... Hope this helps ?

I do the same thing!

It looks like the pass will not be delivered today based on the tracking information and I'll have to get it the next delivery day, I think the 2nd. I'll post my takes/puts later tonight for review.

It looks like the pass will not be delivered today based on the tracking information...

That's NOT what they promised me! ....Newman!

sein-newman-731303.jpg

Ok, here we go, for discussion:

T: #13. Grand Habano Connecticut #1 Robusto ($3.33)
P: Outlaw Cigar Co "13" Corona ($4.15)

T: #26. Tatuaje 7th Natural (averages at about $7.90)
P: Montecristo White Toro ($8.75)

T: #47. Tatuaje Black CG (Jar Release) ($13)
P: Opus X No. 2 from the CFCF Funbox 2007 with the extra 2007 band (MSRP $15.00)

The Opus is a bit of an over put on MSRP but was a regular release size in a very limited box set. I'm hoping that fact with the additional age of the No .2 makes up for the slight disparity in rareness.

T: #57 Illusion 88 ($7.80)
P: LFD Air Bender Chisel (averages to $7.90)

What are your thoughts. Oh, and Happy New Year!

Looks good, enjoy the sticks.

Have a good and safe New Years.

T: #29. Tatuaje 7th Natural (averages at about $7.90)

Could be my math, but I double checked and re-calculated and find this as the only question....

I have the Tatuaje at 8.21 (Serious 8.10, SmokeInn 8.08, Holts 8.44)
I have the Monte at 7.81 (Serious 7.87, SmokeInn 7.76, Holts 7.85, Uptown 7.76)

You're right; I have no idea how I got the calculations wrong. I think I might have divided by 25 cigars when they come in boxes of 27, something I don't think I noticed until just now. That still doesn't explain how I got them both that far off... thanks for checking my work. I'll go back through my stash for a better put for the Tat.

T: #29. Tatuaje 7th Natural (averages at about $7.90)

Could be my math, but I double checked and re-calculated and find this as the only question....

I have the Tatuaje at 8.21 (Serious 8.10, SmokeInn 8.08, Holts 8.44)
I have the Monte at 7.81 (Serious 7.87, SmokeInn 7.76, Holts 7.85, Uptown 7.76)

Ok, here we go, for discussion:

T: #26. Tatuaje 7th Natural (averages at about $7.90)

P: Opus X No. 2 from the CFCF Funbox 2007 with the extra 2007 band (MSRP $15.00)

The Opus is a bit of an over put on MSRP but was a regular release size in a very limited box set. I'm hoping that fact with the additional age of the No .2 makes up for the slight disparity in rareness.

What are your thoughts. Oh, and Happy New Year!

As described, this was really the only one in question.

The Opus is a huge over put. I'm okay with it though...but I'll leave it up to you. The Tat Black CG is not an easy cigar to find a put for. Rarity is sky high. When in a box set though...the price is divided evenly amongst the cigars....no cigar is assigned more value than another. It doesn't matter if it's a regular production size or not, the pricing comes with the box. In 2007 the MSRP on the 22 set was $750. $750/ 22 = $34.09

Ok, I see your point about the Opus. The problem with Tats is it seems like a full 1/4 of their sales are from limited releases making it impossible to match a LOT of their stuff on MSRP and rarity. I may have to step away from it because the only other thing I have that comes close on rarity is the LFD Factory Press IV but at 1468.50 per 120 ct case at Serious Cigars, the average only comes to $12.20.

T: #26. Tatuaje 7th Natural (averages at about $8.21)
P: Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro Principe (averages to $8.66 [repeating, of course] across Holts, Serious Cigars and Smoke Inn)

I guess I am a little confused. How did we establish the Tat Jar release when it was put in? If it was established based on the $13.00 mark, isn't that what we base our puts on as well? Or is it that the rarity is the factor?