• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Pass

Wife went today (10/30/23) to talk to the postmaster for an update and he was out of the office. She is going to go back tomorrow because the guy that said he'd leave a note for him to call is the same guy that screwed up all of this.

Last edited:
Wife went today (10/30/23) to talk to the postmaster for an update and he was out of the office. She is going to go back tomorrow because the guy that said he'd leave a note for him to call is the same guy that screwed up all of this.
Thanks BB. Sorry this is happening.

Have you tried any of your takes yet? Hopefully you gut some new to you stuff.

Fellas, while it sucks, give it a few days. I’ve had my recent battle with USPS and it’ll take finding someone who wants to do their job. Keep calling/stopping by.

Not sure how close the place is to the intended location, but he could drive by to see if they have it. Ya never know. May just be sitting in their house waiting for USPS to remove their heads from their asses.

Nice looking pass, to date. I’m interested in the outcome. Good luck.

Floyd T

10/31/23 Update:

So she went back to the PO and the postmaster here said @Smokemorestressless post office hasn't responded to him. I thought the claim was already filed but the actual "claim" can't be filed until tomorrow (11/1/23) as it has to be within a 15-60 day window (see attached image from usps website). The reason I thought it was already filed was because our postmaster went ahead and "investigated" it since it was their fault. He said he would provide any written documentation stating it was their fault that I may need for the claim, if needed. Now for the claim, he said they've got strict on claims and we'd most likely need to prove the $499 value somehow, usually a screenshot of a website receipt, etc.. Unless anyone has any suggestions, I'm just gonna submit a few cigar receipts totaling very close to that amount. Let me know you thoughts.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 16.10.42.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 16.10.42.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Claim has been officially submitted. Attached receipt images of 3 cigar orders I had recently made plus attached image of shipping receipt and made note that they put the wrong address into their internal system and mentioned my postmaster by name for them to call him.

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 11.07.41.png

Last edited:
You may want to check to make sure it's legal to ship tobacco via USPS before you tell them that's what's inside.
I wondered the same thing this weekend

Cigarettes, Cigars, & Tobacco

Cigarettes and smokeless tobacco are restricted items and can only be mailed in limited circumstances. Cigars may be mailed domestically. Customers are advised to review the Cigarettes, Cigars, and Tobacco Definitions and Mailability.
Exceptions for Mailing Cigarette & Smokeless Tobacco
Cigarettes and smokeless tobacco are mailable only in the below circumstances:
  • Intra-Alaskan and intra-Hawaiian shipments
  • Business/regulatory purposes
  • Small-quantity “gift” shipments to individuals
  • Individual returns of an unacceptable tobacco product to a manufacturer

Update: Claim is showing denied because their system just see's that it's "delivered". Obviously I will be appealing, hopefully I'll be able to actually explain what happened as there was no place to comment on the initial claim.

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 11.02.46.png