• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Starts a Pass...

SD_Stack

Former J.R. 1am Monitor
:) Hello everyone. I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this forum. I was made aware of cigar passing while reading the ASC. I have enjoyed cigars for many years and this looks like great fun and a chance to meet new friends. I just signed up today. There are no passes currently available and I do not think I would be allowed to participate since this is my first day here and the act of starting a "Pass" will be my very first post. Hooray Newcomers! BTW, I have been reading the site for hours and I CAN do this successfully. :lookup:

This pass will give me the opportunity to partake and I also want to extend this opportunity to other newcomers who may not have been envolved in a pass yet. Let's face it. Everyone has to do it the "First" time. Here is the chance for newcomers to make a respected name for themselves, including me. :) The experienced should also apply. Everyone is welcome.

Being new, I will not add any additional rules to the pass. The standard rules as posted will apply. Just try to exchange with equal or greater values.

I will start with about 20 sticks. You can trade as many sticks as you like. No particular strength, wrapper, size, country, ISOM, non-ISOM, etc. limitations matter. This pass is WIDE OPEN. Use your imagination.

I will keep the registration open until Friday or Saturday (July 11-12) or longer if needed. Hopefully I can get the labels printed and post the order and inventory by Sunday and mail to the first recipient on Monday July 14.

The starting lineup will consist of but is not limited to: (exact sizes to be added later)

TTT Trinidad
La Gloria Cubana
Montecristo Platinum
Montecristo H2000
Montecristo
Romeo y Julieta Maduro
Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real (this is a brand new, just release (June) cigar) not available everywhere yet
H. Upmann
Mayorga
Mayorga High Octane
Don Diego
LaVieja Habana
Astral Cameroon
Placensia T.K.O.
El Rico Habana
Henry Clay

I hope this is a satisfactory lineup. These are some of the better brands I have in my coolerdor at the moment. Most are Medium to Full in strength. I like them all.

I do not have any ISOM's. I am not sure how to safely get them. If anyone wants to add one to the pass for me, that would be great. I have never had a Cuban. (sorry for trying to bum a Cuban. I have no shame! :sneaky: )

Let me know if you want to join in on the fun.

Welcome to CP bro! Ain't nothing like diving in head forst without test the waters. :thumbs:

Emo

"Ain't" that the truth EMO. Maybe I should send in my two cigars for that insurance. :)

This is pretty much my first day here too, and I would like into the pass. I have been smoking cigars for a few years now, and feel confident that I know my stuff well enough to keep the pass going well.

So, help me gain a reputation here and add me into the "Newbie Pass".

Thanks,

ALostTexan

Ah, what the hell, count me in SD_Stack.

And welcome to the happiest place on Earth...wait that might be taken already.

Well, the more the merrier, that and there is nothing else I have to do now.
:D
I'm in.

Great. We have three. If your address is not in your profile, be sure to PM me with it. Also, send me your email address when signing up. I will send a confirmation email to you just before it goes out to verify the information I have.

Question: What is the ratio of cigars in a pass per passer? I currently have 16 cigars lined up. At what number of passers should I include additional cigars?

Thanks.

Well, people will be putting a minimum or 1:1. So most people take and avg of 3 and put and avg of 4. So 15 sticks should be good for 4-5 people, adding 3 stick for each person after 5. That's my 2 cents.

Emo

Hmmm... I've been thinking. What if I screw this pass up really bad and the Newbies don't notice and they start their own screwed up passes and the epidemic that "I" started infects the world like a virus.

Oh Lord!

< Gone reading more past passes......... ;)

SD_Stack said:
Hmmm... I've been thinking. What if I screw this pass up really bad and the Newbies don't notice and they start their own screwed up passes and the epidemic that "I" started infects the world like a virus.

Oh Lord!

< Gone reading more past passes......... ;)
It's not quite that bad....we'll just never speak to you again. :lookup:

Okay guys and gals, DaveWF is trying to set me straight via email. I feel much better now.

Thanks

That's cool SD, just don't let Dave get "too close" as he works with you on this. Dave has a few issues, as his signature pic will attest to. Just take it easy, you'll be ok.

:sign: :sign: :sign:

Hey, Stack, let me know if you got my info.

ALostTexan
.....Quite the poet and didn't even knowit.....

SD_Stack said:
Okay guys and gals, DaveWF is trying to set me straight via email. I feel much better now.

Thanks
God I hope he hasn't told you about how we steal Sharpies and bubblewrap that come around in the passes!

Oh, wait a minute, we only steal the Sharpies and bubblewrap out of his passes! :sign:

God I hope he hasn't told you about how we steal Sharpies and bubblewrap that come around in the passes!

What do you have a mouse in your pocket? ;)

Oh, wait a minute, we only steal the Sharpies and bubblewrap out of his passes!
Oh, I'll vouch for that! :lookup:

OK! I'm in!! Wasn't going to get in on any more for a while, but not like I got much more ta do!
You will have my addy in a few days ;) or it's in my profile!

Okay! It looks like it will be a go. We have 5 not including myself (if I counted right)

Yes Texan, I got your info. Thanks.

The participants so far are:
Shadow
JoeM
SirSmokesalot
alostTexan
Ricmac25

Not in any particular order.

I think I also have everyone info.

Oh yea, Happy Birthday JoeInvest.