• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NEWBIE WAR OF 08': VICTORY!

True but if you notice, they aren't doing much of anything either. ;)

There are still Japanese guys living in caves on small islands in the Pacific that don't know that WWII is over. So, who's to say HIS surrender will effect us?

OK Newbs!

What's song is this from and who sang it on the songs original recording?

Everybody else is just green, have you seen the chart?
It's a helluva start, it could be made into a monster if we all pull together
as a team.

Be careful ..... :whistling:

First Newb that can answer this correctly will get a firecracker! :thumbs:

The song is Have a Cigar, Performed by Pink Floyd

Well newbies, the Great AVB has called for surrender, and I am here to answer it. Along with a few other BOTLS, I will be working on AVB's bomb, and have 72 hours to disarm or surrender arms. If you have already been assigned targets, move forward as planned, this changes nothing in your existing coordinates. It's been a fun one, with alot of fire coming from both sides, but many of us wanna go back home to our sweethearts! Root for the noobs boys, we might have a chance to win this yet!

AVB, I assure you: We're not going down without a fight.

I'm so sorry that my shop and I are not there to help.

I feel certain we could cut the tube without breaking it. A diamond saw, either a chainsaw engine powered monster used for cutting concrete among other things, or a ceramic tile saw could be used. I have both but you ought to be able to rent either at your local rent-a-center.

I would start trimming small amounts from the end, nibbling through the block using water to cool/lubricate. Before too many minutes pass you should locate the tube, cutting but not breaking it. Once located and cut you can probably shrink the glass slightly by filling the tube with a salt/ice slurry which should then allow you remove it from the block without breaking.

Good luck, take it slow, and I'll be thinking of you!

How many noobs will it take? I only sent it to one....think of it like a dual but I have faith since I know you won't be able to extract the tube without breaking it. Bring all your little nooblets in on the action if you want. Whatever you sent still has not arrived.

Along with a few other nooblets, I will be working on AVB’s bomb, and have 72 hours to disarm or surrender arms.

AVB, I assure you: We’re not going down without a fight.

That doesn't mean there is not another one out there! If y'all hadn't been admiring that post whore ( :whistling: :D ) you'd have seen that another Neo-Noob is close to destruction! The # is 35.113

TTFN!

I am back from my journey in Baja.
Choppers, beer, and lactating strippers.........Yes lactating strippers!
Will post a link to pics when available. You guys will not freaking believe the things I saw.

Anyhooo AVB you forgot my Dad was a TV repairman... He has an awesome set of tools.

Souldog is bringing your little toy for me to play with. HEE HEE

Surrender? NEVER
You fogs are going down

Hello all you crazy war mongers.

I am currently in La Quinta, CA. For those of you ill informed bombers, that's in and around the Palm Springs area.

I was informed that some packages had arrived, sent by strange names. I figured that strange names have to be linked to strange folk in this thread.

I will report back when I get home, some time whenever :laugh: In the mean time, thank you for thinking of me.

Brian

OK Newbs!

What's song is this from and who sang it on the songs original recording?

Everybody else is just green, have you seen the chart?
It's a helluva start, it could be made into a monster if we all pull together
as a team.

Be careful ..... :whistling:

First Newb that can answer this correctly will get a firecracker! :thumbs:
Roy Harper-Have a cigar :whistling:
Correcto mundo bfisher88!

Nicely done!

Your little firecracker is 2 shares of the LEAF FUND. Welcome aboard newbie. I know you were expecting something else. :blush:
But hey, you won it. PM coming your way.

Congratulations!

Wow, pretty sad that I've made 7000 posts and not even realized it :laugh:

Since my 7000 post came on this thread, here is a little contest. Name the first noob from this war to bomb me. A nice 5er will be sent out to the one who guesses correctly.
err... flamchop

Yep, correct. I would have accepted flamchop or ounceman.

Shoot me your addy and I'll get these out today.

My mission begins tomorrow.

"God have mercy on their souls"

222b2_dropping_bombs.jpg

Yikes,

It just ain't fair enlisting a retailer to join in the dirty work. I got clobbered by Israel of Uptown Cigars in New York. Ouch, but he hits hard!

Wilkey

C'mon Newbies, no bringing in the Ringers! Gotta play fair right?

Your concrete blocks are no match for my mighty concrete saw with a diamond blade. If only you guys were close to phoenix, AZ.

Edited because i can't make coherent sentences.

There is a glass tube in there you can't break. You didn't think I'd make it easy now did you?

I'm so sorry that my shop and I are not there to help.

I feel certain we could cut the tube without breaking it. A diamond saw, either a chainsaw engine powered monster used for cutting concrete among other things, or a ceramic tile saw could be used. I have both but you ought to be able to rent either at your local rent-a-center.

I would start trimming small amounts from the end, nibbling through the block using water to cool/lubricate. Before too many minutes pass you should locate the tube, cutting but not breaking it. Once located and cut you can probably shrink the glass slightly by filling the tube with a salt/ice slurry which should then allow you remove it from the block without breaking.

Good luck, take it slow, and I'll be thinking of you!

This method should work...

Quesitons on the concrete bomb. Does concrete give off heat as is hardens, like plaster does? If so how do you keep from baking the contents? As for defusing the bomb, I'd try disolving the cement in the concrete in acid. The glass tube shouldn't break as glass is generally acid stable. Just one noobs opinion.

I have this mental picture of Souldog in a Michelangelo get up, chipping away at the block.
Cement dust in his eyelashes and nostrils. I guess I've watched too many Charlton Heston Movies.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='656353' date='Apr 22 2008, 06:18 PM']Quesitons on the concrete bomb. Does concrete give off heat as is hardens, like plaster does? If so how do you keep from baking the contents? As for defusing the bomb, I'd try disolving the cement in the concrete in acid. The glass tube shouldn't break as glass is generally acid stable. Just one noobs opinion.[/quote]

Good idea but would take forever with re bar and stone concrete could be very difficult to dissolve with any regally obtainable acid. If there is no stone in the mix a high psi pressure washer(gas powered) might work, but I'm sure avb put some sort of aigrette (sp) in it. The only reason I mention the presure washer is, while working with concreate I have done this. To be sure this is a great task without breaking the glass tube.
Other ideas I have thought about were. Chiseling a line in the block super heating it then cool rapidly this is how the Egyptians cut stone for the pyramids.