• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

I will trade Mike Tomlin for a warm six pack of Iron City Light!

I just don't understand why they thought that o-line was going to be good enough.
The o-line is all brand new and they will improve as the season goes on. What won't change is the lax attitude and underachieving of a typical Tomlin team.

The o-line is all brand new and they will improve as the season goes on. What won't change is the lax attitude and underachieving of a typical Tomlin team.
I agree with you on Tomlin, but I don't know that this version of the Steelers is really underachieving. Any coach is going to struggle with a bad o-line, rookie RB, good/not great receivers, and a washed up QB.

Look on the bright side though, at least you don't cheer for the Loins.

I started Hurts over Rodgers, we’ll see if that decision bites me in the ass

Spent another awful day in the Swamp (Met Life Stadium). Having Giant season tickets inthe family since 1956, I have seen a lot of crappy football, but these last 3 years take the cake. The Giants stink. Yeah, they have been in the games but all (except Denver) have been against bad teams. They can possibly be 0-6 in another 3 weeks. Management refuses to get lineman who can block, no pass rush, bad coaching = bad team & lots of losses. Best part of the day was the tailgate with pork spare ribs, london broil, burgers & Italian sausage with lots of booze to tolerate the crappy game.

Spent another awful day in the Swamp (Met Life Stadium). Having Giant season tickets inthe family since 1956, I have seen a lot of crappy football, but these last 3 years take the cake. The Giants stink. Yeah, they have been in the games but all (except Denver) have been against bad teams. They can possibly be 0-6 in another 3 weeks. Management refuses to get lineman who can block, no pass rush, bad coaching = bad team & lots of losses. Best part of the day was the tailgate with pork spare ribs, london broil, burgers & Italian sausage with lots of booze to tolerate the crappy game.
I feel bad for Saquon.

All I can say is there is no light at the end of the tunnel for the Jets. What a mess on both sides of the ball. So glad Sam Darnold got a fresh start with the Panthers.

All I can say is there is no light at the end of the tunnel for the Jets. What a mess on both sides of the ball. So glad Sam Darnold got a fresh start with the Panthers.
What have you thought of Wilson so far? I haven't watched much, and he's obviously in a far from ideal situation.

They threw him in too soon and he is making a ton of mistakes. Not the way to learn, plus he needs protection and the o line isn't helping him out. All those draft picks and cap space and the team is no better off. The coach is doomed just like all the others.

I have seen a lot of crappy football, but these last 3 years take the cake... They can possibly be 0-6 in another 3 weeks. Management refuses to get lineman who can block, no pass rush, bad coaching = bad team & lots of losses.
You're speaking of my Colts, right?

They threw him in too soon and he is making a ton of mistakes. Not the way to learn, plus he needs protection and the o line isn't helping him out. All those draft picks and cap space and the team is no better off. The coach is doomed just like all the others.
I hope he don’t turn out like Darnold & become shell shocked after a few years.

I agree with you on Tomlin, but I don't know that this version of the Steelers is really underachieving. Any coach is going to struggle with a bad o-line, rookie RB, good/not great receivers, and a washed up QB.

Look on the bright side though, at least you don't cheer for the Loins.
Tomlin has squandered so much talent it's a sin! He has built coaching staffs under him that were/are incompetent.