• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

Packers haven’t drafted a RB, WR or TE in the first round since 2002! 20 years, damn.

and there you go, add another draft without a serious 1st round threat.

LB and DT - We needed defense, but shit, what was wrong with WR Christian Watson?

Great (surprising) night for Detroit, but can Goff get the ball deep to J. Williams?

Yeah.. kudos to them. Most of my fam is from MI so lots of Loin Love abound. For us Packer Folk, it's just been an easy 2 W's going back a quarter century.. would be nice to hop a quick flight across The Lake for maybe some competitive games this season. Haven't in forever.

As a Packer owner, I really should go more. 😛

This. Plus I thought I heard Jameson wouldn’t be ready until October anyway?
Woke up this morning wondering if it was just a dream - what were the Vikings thinking trading away the 12th pick like that?

I am willing to wait - blame my foolish optimism for the Lions future.

Is there supposed to be an official (like everything NFL) time limit between pick announcements, or does Roger just seem to be spacing them apart more?

Probably just me... I'm friggin' exhausted.
Like everything else NFL, it's a TV show first and foremost. Can't announce the picks too quickly. Gotta drag it out, give people time to go to the can, refill their drink, etc.

You guys interested in the first ever games in Germany this year? I'm curious to see how it does there compared to London.

You guys interested in the first ever games in Germany this year? I'm curious to see how it does there compared to London.

Lambeau is hosting a soccer game this year, that looks interesting. Not sure about the London game - GB vs Giants. I think it wastes a home game for the Packers.

Lambeau is hosting a soccer game this year, that looks interesting. Not sure about the London game - GB vs Giants. I think it wastes a home game for the Packers.

I didn't know about soccer game.. it's a MLS match? I have a hard time staying connected with televised soccer games. I couldn't even tell you who the closest franchise to me is so I could root for them!

I'm debating going to the London game. Going to my lounge tonight and was gonna talk to my buddy about it. He's an owner too.. too bad I can't write-off tonight's expenses!!

Are you gonna go to any Lambeau games this season?

I'm intrigued by the Patriots draft pick of Cole Zappe. He has a lot of talent, he's a big dude, and a ton of experience

I didn't know about soccer game.. it's a MLS match? I have a hard time staying connected with televised soccer games. I couldn't even tell you who the closest franchise to me is so I could root for them!

I'm debating going to the London game. Going to my lounge tonight and was gonna talk to my buddy about it. He's an owner too.. too bad I can't write-off tonight's expenses!!

Are you gonna go to any Lambeau games this season?

Lambeau soccer game

I continue to be intrigued by the multitude of cluster fucks by the Browns. They are going to be paying $65M for their starting QB's this year (Mayfield and Watson) regardless of whether either of them plays a single down for them. Unless they can get someone to take Mayfield off their hands, which is not likely.

This organization simply doesn't learn from their mistakes and can't get out of their own way.
  1. Baker Mayfields emotional and immature behavior was known, while his ability was not. Yet the Browns made him the messiah of Cleveland, gave him the keys to the city, and guaranteed his money at the end of his contract which is when a normal franchise wants the option to decide what to do.
  2. I believe the take on Mayfield is that nobody wants him at any price. Your QB is the leader of the team and the boss on the field ...... how many teams wants an immature, emotional, guy who can't stay off Twitter, in that position?
  3. They didn't learn from that cluster fuck and did it again with Watson. He is a couple games over .500 in his career, he has won one playoff game, and while he was with a bad team, elite players make everyone around them better.
  4. They traded draft picks for the right to overpay Amari Cooper, possibly the most over-paid WR in the league. And they gave up the current and future draft capital to overpay Watson.
  5. It's possible that Watson could be injured and lost this year but he's already been paid $45M. It's possible he could be suspended all or part of next year but he will have been paid $46M regardless.
I predict they will be the same old Browns within another year of two.