• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

Read this morning or yesterday that he ran out of gas. His wife called 911 from Pittsburgh after he failed to call her as he said he would, after he got gas.

So tragic. So much easier to call someone to bring gas but I’m sure we have all done something similar from time to time.
Sad!

The over/under for QBs taken in the first round is at 2.5, seems like easy money on the over. Not that I think there are 3 that deserve to be taken in the first, but if there's one thing has been proven over and over, it's that teams will reach for them.
While I don't listen to the pundits who get paid to have differing opinions, they can't all be wrong when they say there is not a QB in this draft who is worthy of a first round pick. It wouldn't surprise me to see one go in the top five picks, and three or more total!

Seeing rumors of Deebo Samuel wanting out of San Fran. I sure hope the Packers realize how big of a deal that would be, to trade for him.

Seeing rumors of Deebo Samuel wanting out of San Fran. I sure hope the Packers realize how big of a deal that would be, to trade for him.
They realize I am sure. And a lot of people say “why wouldn’t they just pay adams?” In that case. I think the reason is simple. Age. I’m not saying adams is ready to retire but this age thing with their wr is a them that has gone on for years. Driver…Jennings..Nelson..Cobb..Adams. It seems like after some time they decide the cost isn’t worth the production.

The hard part would still be to come up with the money for deebo, and be able to spin the backlash from the packer fanbase of why didn’t we keep adams. But that’s easy once deebo makes the first deebo-esque play..and all is forgotten.

And before we ask why rodgers got so much money…it’s Brady…and it’s production (and lack of ints) when everyone predicted decline. It’s just hard to find that talent in the draft that you don’t have to develop over a couple years. By then you need new rb, wr, ol…and you get in a cycle that’s hard to break free from re:detroit (maybe Cleveland too?)

Anyone have any thoughts on the Darren Waller to Green Bay talks? I like the element it gives them if he can stay healthy and the use him right. But if he is just there to help and block, it’s a waste.

I also am unsure of how he will “fit in” mentally so to speak with the type of field “general” Rodgers has become right now. I’m just not sure how thick a skin Waller has and how that could play out.

I know it’s his “job” but people that aren’t happy where they are at sometimes underperform. No doubt he is an elite TE like gronk, but you shove gronk on the lions and well…he retires lol

Anyone have any thoughts on the Darren Waller to Green Bay talks? I like the element it gives them if he can stay healthy and the use him right. But if he is just there to help and block, it’s a waste.

I also am unsure of how he will “fit in” mentally so to speak with the type of field “general” Rodgers has become right now. I’m just not sure how thick a skin Waller has and how that could play out.

I know it’s his “job” but people that aren’t happy where they are at sometimes underperform. No doubt he is an elite TE like gronk, but you shove gronk on the lions and well…he retires lol

Man, I really like Tonyan too. Sure hope he is healthy all year.

GB better get a WR or nothing else matters!

Probably not great to announce the truth to my fellow FFL degens but Waller will never be an impact player ever again. That year was a comet in the sky with Carr's eye unable to look elsewhere.

GB better get a WR or nothing else matters!
Well yes. I’m not sure nothing else matters…it’s a weak division at best. They can make it work but it will be the same old thing…out in the playoffs :/.

Probably not great to announce the truth to my fellow FFL degens but Waller will never be an impact player ever again. That year was a comet in the sky with Carr's eye unable to look elsewhere.
I don’t know, I think we need a full healthy year of crap production to make that determination. I’d give 60/40 odds you are right at this point.