• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

I’d be more concerned with the ultimatum from the owner. Just doesn’t seem to inspire confidence in your team…

Aaron is washed. He thinks he has one more magic type season left in him like Brady did with the bucs. I don’t think that is the case. I keep reading that he didn’t look like himself last year in GB. That’s because unless the O-Line can give him tons of time, he gets nervous and good decision making goes out the window.

That’s probably age related, but also holding himself in such high regard, surely it can’t be his fault, it has to be the line, receivers, coaching..etc. What he forgets is that they brought in the guys he wanted…they let him dictate the plays he wants….at some point it has to fall on him.

Injury was a fluke thing, could happen to anybody. But past that now, he should be ready to go. Hell he has had an entire year of rest (minus the injury rehab).
In a nutshell that is the issue/s at hand. Even if they get o line help Hackett's offense is offensive!

In a nutshell that is the issue/s at hand. Even if they get o line help Hackett's offense is offensive!

Sorry Anthony. I was really hoping he’s still have something to add to the Jets, just don’t think it’s there now. He’s going to be trying to win the comeback player of the year, guaranteed.

The problem with the Jets this season is they have all their eggs in one basket! Aaron is a one year option, with no contingency plan, too many good young players will be wasted.
I agree. I can't see Aaron playing for three more years, and I also can't see him rescuing this train wreck single-handedly.

Hey @tone-ny remember when we watched the Super Bowl in Vegas and there were those super talented professional ladies that showed up at Casa to put on a halftime show? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Hey @tone-ny remember when we watched the Super Bowl in Vegas and there were those super talented professional ladies that showed up at Casa to put on a halftime show? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
That was a great time, with great folks!

Lots of movement yesterday.

What I don't understand, is the Packers letting Aaron Jones go (he signs with the Vikings) because they've picked up Josh Jacobs. I guess Jacobs is 3 yrs younger, but man he's been ran pretty hard the past few years. Going to be an interesting NFC North this coming season.

Will the Lions keep it up? I haven't seen any movement from them, but why would they?
Will the Bears get rid of Justin Fields?
Vikings let Cousins go to Atlanta, sign Aaron Jones.

Yeah, Mike Tomlin is a great coach!
Cheer up. Pickett is gone, and Wilson is starting, so there's good shot that after this year they'll blow it all up, and be looking for new coach/coaching staff, and a new quarterback.

Cheer up. Pickett is gone, and Wilson is starting, so there's good shot that after this year they'll blow it all up, and be looking for new coach/coaching staff, and a new quarterback.
Doesn't help much when it's 16 years too late

Not going to argue about Tomlin, but that's comparing pretty different eras of the NFL.
Very true. Chuck Noll didn't have anywhere near the talent when he took over the Steelers and Bill Cowher didn't have anywhere near the talent that Tomlin got either.

New England didn't have too much trouble winning in "this era"

That's the thing about percentages, they eliminate most subjectivity.

Last edited:
Very true. Chuck Noll didn't have anywhere near the talent when he took over the Steelers and Bill Cowher didn't have anywhere near the talent that Tomlin got either.

New England didn't have too much trouble winning in "this era"

That's the thing about percentages, they eliminate most subjectivity.
That's the thing about statistics. You can make them say anything you want.

Lots of movement yesterday.

What I don't understand, is the Packers letting Aaron Jones go (he signs with the Vikings) because they've picked up Josh Jacobs. I guess Jacobs is 3 yrs younger, but man he's been ran pretty hard the past few years. Going to be an interesting NFC North this coming season.

Will the Lions keep it up? I haven't seen any movement from them, but why would they?
Will the Bears get rid of Justin Fields?
Vikings let Cousins go to Atlanta, sign Aaron Jones.
I’m think it has more to do with his contract than anything? Didn’t he just sign an extension a couple years ago? Not sure how much was guaranteed.

It seems not a lot of interest in fields. Bears included. But I don’t think they just want to drop him out right.

If Fields can't beat out Wilson at this point in their careers, the Steelers wasted a 6th round pick.
We will never know if Kenny Pickett could have been good? They wasted a first round pick on him and they have wasted a ton of potential because of coaching