• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

The Browns will pay $56,000,000 ($10M for Mayfield, and $46M for Watson) and I am going to guess that will be about $9.3M per win!

But, on the other hand, they will only pay $5.1M per loss.

I’m excited to see what Trey Lance can do. He’s not Jimmy G, and, that’s a good thing.

I’m excited to see what Trey Lance can do. He’s not Jimmy G, and, that’s a good thing.
C, help me understand this. I have never understood why the 49ers are so hell bent to get rid of Jimmy G?

I know he has had injuries but he has stats and wins which put him in, or near, top ten QB's?

Do they know something about his injury that we don't?

I think your in for some explosive and exciting plays, but will ultimately be disappointed with the final outcome. Just my guess
It just seems foolish to me to discard Jimmy G like he was a bumb, in hopes that a , in essence, takes them all the way? I could see if they were 5-11 the last three years but Jimmy G has taken them deep.

C, help me understand this. I have never understood why the 49ers are so hell bent to get rid of Jimmy G?

I know he has had injuries but he has stats and wins which put him in, or near, top ten QB's?

Do they know something about his injury that we don't?
I think they do. Plus. Regular season wins are good, but falling apart when championships are on the line and failing to connect with wide open receivers (happened more than once). Yeah, part of responsibility lies with OC’s and DC’s, but Jimmy G is a regular season winner. Honestly, defense carried him to victories more than once. Just my .02.

I think your in for some explosive and exciting plays, but will ultimately be disappointed with the final outcome. Just my guess
We shall wait and see. The suits, his team, and some HOFers, seem to like what they see so far. I’ll form my opinion when we see regular season play, then, if fortunate enough playoffs.

Just got done watching Hard Knocks, I'm becoming a huge Dan Campbell fan. So fired up for our camp to start Friday!

Yeah, it’s only pre season, but I’m pretty sure Trey Lance should do ok.

Just got done watching Hard Knocks, I'm becoming a huge Dan Campbell fan. So fired up for our camp to start Friday!
He has heart for sure. With the team he has now, they should be able to compete. I just don’t know if they will keep him on with another subpar season. 9 wins and he will be crowned the next savior of the lions. 3 -5 wins and he should be on his way out, but the fords still own the team.

The big takeaway for me is that almost all of the coaches on the team were former nfl players. I just don’t know if they translate into good nfl coaches. That was the hype from the show, but remains to be seen.

I understand that some of the best nfl coaches can come from being former players, I mean that’s what they did, right? But a lot of the great coaches are not former players or at least former nfl players. So being a former player, even a good one, doesn’t anoint you a great coach in my mind, despite what nfl films was trying to insue for the show.

He has heart for sure. With the team he has now, they should be able to compete. I just don’t know if they will keep him on with another subpar season. 9 wins and he will be crowned the next savior of the lions. 3 -5 wins and he should be on his way out, but the fords still own the team.

The big takeaway for me is that almost all of the coaches on the team were former nfl players. I just don’t know if they translate into good nfl coaches. That was the hype from the show, but remains to be seen.

I understand that some of the best nfl coaches can come from being former players, I mean that’s what they did, right? But a lot of the great coaches are not former players or at least former nfl players. So being a former player, even a good one, doesn’t anoint you a great coach in my mind, despite what nfl films was trying to insue for the show.
Player, non-player, doesnt matter. Just like Dallas or Cleveland, nobody with credibility will go to the Lions.

Wash, rinse, repeat.😁

They still don't have the talent on defense to compete, or a quarterback. I don't understand the hype I keep hearing, but I hope they'll give him more than 2 years to turn around a mockery of a franchise. Say what you want about Tomlin, but there's obviously something to be said for the continuity the Steelers have had through the years. Constant reshuffling never works, and though their roster is way better, it still isn't good enough to expect to win consistently, regardless of who is coaching.

Agree that being a player doesn't mean you'll be a good coach necessarily.

They still don't have the talent on defense to compete, or a quarterback. I don't understand the hype I keep hearing, but I hope they'll give him more than 2 years to turn around a mockery of a franchise. Say what you want about Tomlin, but there's obviously something to be said for the continuity the Steelers have had through the years. Constant reshuffling never works, and though their roster is way better, it still isn't good enough to expect to win consistently, regardless of who is coaching.

Agree that being a player doesn't mean you'll be a good coach necessarily.
I think Goff is serviceable, if the o-line can give him time. When it breaks down he seems scared but often makes better passes than say a lesser player like Kellon mond or jacoby brissett, though jacoby I think has him in the mobility dept.

I agree the defense isn’t quite there yet. They do have what seems to be a favorable schedule early on, so I bet they surprise some.

I think Goff is serviceable, if the o-line can give him time. When it breaks down he seems scared but often makes better passes than say a lesser player like Kellon mond or jacoby brissett, though jacoby I think has him in the mobility dept.

I agree the defense isn’t quite there yet. They do have what seems to be a favorable schedule early on, so I bet they surprise some.
Did you watch Goff much last year? I'm assuming his backers are remembering his first few years with the Rams and haven't watched much of him the last few years.

Did you watch Goff much last year? I'm assuming his backers are remembering his first few years with the Rams and haven't watched much of him the last few years.
I guess not as much as I should have. Did I mention I am NOT a lions fan? 😂