• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

When do the teams play their starters in the pre-season ? I remember they start them week 2 and 3 and maybe give them a rep or so in week 4. But it seems most did not play this week

Hard Knocks is so good!
I’ll have to try and find a picture of my buddy Phil. I think he is a replay official now and my boss was telling me in the shot in the field when Duce Staley is bitching about something, he can be seen in the background. So he is our “celebrity” connection lol, as his desk sits facing me every day.

I try to get him to get me autographed shit all the time (even though I don’t like the lions) but it’s more my way of ribbing him because he would never risk that gig.

My wife asked for an “officials” hat a year or so back, and he said he would, but then the extras he had he got rid of. :(

Does a lot of college games too but as an official running up and down the field, not sure what that is actually called haha. Always fun to see him at the Michigan games.

I think they do. Plus. Regular season wins are good, but falling apart when championships are on the line and failing to connect with wide open receivers (happened more than once). Yeah, part of responsibility lies with OC’s and DC’s, but Jimmy G is a regular season winner. Honestly, defense carried him to victories more than once. Just my .02.
I'm beginning to think the 49'ers are playing Russian Roulette with the Jimmy G. situation.
Reference Trey Lance stats<<<< LINK
  1. Lance has below average stats in 2 starts and 6 games.
  2. 603 yards, 57.7% completion, 5 TD's and 2 picks.
  3. If you watch Lance's highlights, nearly every one of his completions shows the receiver is WIDE open, which speaks to the scheme and not Lance's involvement.
  4. They are talking non-sense about being happy to keep Jimmy G., and everyone knows it.
  5. Lance may "look" good, but this is like going all in with a 2 and 7 off suited, because you "feel" lucky.
  6. Jimmy G.'s $24.2M is a lot for a guy who has been hurt a lot but he has simply won.
The risk/reward in the way they've handled this is 90% risk and 10% reward.

I'm beginning to think the 49'ers are playing Russian Roulette with the Jimmy G. situation.
  3. If you watch Lance's highlights, nearly every one of his completions shows the receiver is WIDE open, which speaks to the scheme and not Lance's involvement.
  4. They are talking non-sense about being happy to keep Jimmy G., and everyone knows it.
  5. Lance may "look" good, but this is like going all in with a 2 and 7 off suited, because you "feel" lucky.
  6. Jimmy G.'s $24.2M is a lot for a guy who has been hurt a lot but he has simply won.
Another damn fine list, Jeff.

Hopefully they're smart enough to just wait until he's cut and not trade anything for him. But, the Loins...
I'm not sure they will cut him. They always take three quarterbacks into the season and they already cut Chris Oladokan.

So you're saying that a motivated coach can't overcome shitty ownership and management?
I think the management is actually ok at this point, or at least feeling better in it than I have for a long time. History is more what keeps me from getting my hopes up.

I think the management is actually ok at this point, or at least feeling better in it than I have for a long time. History is more what keeps me from getting my hopes up.
Yeah I get that. I think things like history, culture, leadership, etc. play a much bigger role than people think.

On the other hand, the Steelers have all of those and Tomlin's lack of discipline bring them all down to underachievement.

Mason Rudolph was a pretty damn good college QB at OkState. He’s just never made that turn in the NFL and not sure he ever will.

Jimmy G is now restructured. He will stay on this year as a backup, or in case Trey Lance implodes or is injured. They also have Brock Purdy.