• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NHL, 2011-12 season

Well, by god, the Stanley Cup Champs seem to be over their championship hangover. Tim Thomas' shut out last night,his 28th of his career, gave the B's their 8th win in a row. In that stretch, the Champs have out scored their opponents 45-19. Upcoming matches with Buffalo and the hated Habs should prove tougher.

Doc

There I was, feeling happier about the Kings who had just beat the Ducks in back-to-back games and then they get b*tch slapped by the Wings. In my short time as a hockey fan thus far I've learned one very important thing: don't ever discount the Red Wings.

There I was, feeling happier about the Kings who had just beat the Ducks in back-to-back games and then they get b*tch slapped by the Wings. In my short time as a hockey fan thus far I've learned one very important thing: don't ever discount the Red Wings.

As long as Lidstrom is anchoring the blue line, they'll always have chances to win.

I wish it was only that simple. They also have Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, and not to mention the best goalie-screener in the league in Holmstrom. Bah!

I wish it was only that simple. They also have Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, and not to mention the best goalie-screener in the league in Holmstrom. Bah!

True, but Holmstrom is on his back nine (or probably back 3 even) as his back hasn't held up well. While the big three are a powerful combo, they don't really compliment each other well, and I pick Lidstrom out because he still is the director of one of the sharpest power play units in the game

9 in a row and another shutout for Timmy the Tank.

Doc

Sid the Kid is back - All you non-Penguin fans are playing for second place. :D

His first game back - 2 goals, 2 assists. If our three centers stay healthy - we will be hard to beat.

True, but Holmstrom is on his back nine (or probably back 3 even) as his back hasn't held up well. While the big three are a powerful combo, they don't really compliment each other well, and I pick Lidstrom out because he still is the director of one of the sharpest power play units in the game

I was at the Pond (I refuse to call it the Honda Center) on Sunday and watched the Wings beat the Ducks.

I have always been a Lidstrom fan, and I love the Professor, but after what I've seen this season, I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't the need for new younger blood in his position? While playing the Ducks, I saw red/white surrounded by black/gold, every which way the Wings skated. It was insanity. Also of note, the Wings would start out the period on fire, but right around the 14-11 minute mark they'd just absolutely lose all momentum on their line changes and defense was letting breakaway after breakaway occur.

Jimmy is a wall as a net minder, but the defense needs to help him out once in a while. He's good, but he ain't god.

I was thrilled to finally see the Red Wings beat the Ducks on their home ice after two years, but I am positive my next trip will be to the Staples Center to see them go up against the Kings. The atmosphere at the Ducks game was horrIbly disrespectful, obnoxious, and drunk. I know it ain't church, but the last four games I've been to the crowd always breaks out into some "Red Wings suck!" chant even when they are winning. I almost got into a fight on the staircase going down with a pissed off Ducks fan who called my Red Wings clad girlfriend a "stupid fucking bitch" for no reason other than his team lost. Fuck that.

Also, congrats on getting Sid back. :)

That Jack Edwards fellow seems to be a bit of a Bruins fan as well...he hides it pretty well in his commentary though... :rolleyes:

All I have to say to Doc is, "Hey Doc, how bout' them Wings?"

If the Redwings keep playing like this, and beat the ol' Bruins like they did, we might have a chance this year. :thumbs:

Did you actually watch the game? It was certainly one of the best I've seen this year. It was a tie. I haven't adopted the new rules yet.

Doc,

All I have to say to Doc is, "Hey Doc, how bout' them Wings?"

If the Redwings keep playing like this, and beat the ol' Bruins like they did, we might have a chance this year. :thumbs:

Amen! about time!

Boudreau got canned today. I think it's a shame. He really seemed to fit the Caps and its hard to imagine they'll pull out of their tailspin.

That team needed something.....anything.....to happen. They were completely anemic. Consider that it's 1/4 way through the season and AO is sporting only 17 pts, 2 PPP and is a horrible -7. Not the stat line you should see from one of the top three players in the world.

Looks like it's pink slip day in the NHL. Carolina canned Paul Maurice too.

Fuggin 51 million dollar man my ass. Bryz looks no better than what we had last year. I hope this is just an adjustment period he's going through!

I wonder when Terry Murray will get the hook as well. Some of his decisions have been, um, peculiar. Now he has Trent Hunter on the #1 line. Oh lawd, I swear he has a magic 8-ball that helps him decide the lines. Perhaps the grass is greener on the other side but I wouldn't mind seeing what Boudreau could do with this team. The coach I'd really love to see is behind the bench in Phoenix.

I said it on the Kings board and I'll say it here: the Kings are a sleek and sporty car with a V-8 under the hood that's being driven like a minivan. Sooner or later you gotta kick the driver out and put in someone who'll drive it the way it was engineered to be driven.

Fuggin 51 million dollar man my ass. Bryz looks no better than what we had last year. I hope this is just an adjustment period he's going through!

The Flyers defintely overpaid. He's a solid goalie but he ain't worth that kinda contract.

That team needed something.....anything.....to happen. They were completely anemic. Consider that it's 1/4 way through the season and AO is sporting only 17 pts, 2 PPP and is a horrible -7. Not the stat line you should see from one of the top three players in the world.

Looks like it's pink slip day in the NHL. Carolina canned Paul Maurice too.

I liked Paul but, it was time.

Bruins vs Buds tonite to begin a home and home series for the NE Division lead.. Go Bruins. Can you believe it... Toronto!

Doc

The organizer of our weekly pickup game let us know that his Maple Leafs are doing quite well. I do my damndest to save any shot he has on goal.