• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nicotine Sickness

It is not a "food" issue, it is a blood sugar issue.

This makes sense and explains why sometimes smoking a cigar on the golf course totally rocks my brain.
Thanks!
I have had this happen to me when I pull a robust stick from the humidor and I forgot to eat. This is one of the worst feelings in the world. I would rather be drunk I think.

It is funny you say that about the golf game. I take about 4 smokes with me to the golf course every time. This is due to the fact that I don't know who is a smoker and who isn't and I want to be polite. So I offer them around. I have had many a people take me up on the offer, and we play a Friday morning group for 30 weeks in a row with about 16 players. Money flies around. So to make a long story short, they smoke for instance an LFD Air Bender at 6:30 in the morning. I have won some pretty big bets due to their bravado and lack of ability to handle it. Typically I tell them to grab some sugar or honey from the cart lady or the snack shack. They don't believe me and continue to feel like crap.

I always drink a gatorade or similar drink on the golf course with my cigars for this reason.

It is not a "food" issue, it is a blood sugar issue.

This makes sense and explains why sometimes smoking a cigar on the golf course totally rocks my brain.
Thanks!
I have had this happen to me when I pull a robust stick from the humidor and I forgot to eat. This is one of the worst feelings in the world. I would rather be drunk I think.

It is funny you say that about the golf game. I take about 4 smokes with me to the golf course every time. This is due to the fact that I don't know who is a smoker and who isn't and I want to be polite. So I offer them around. I have had many a people take me up on the offer, and we play a Friday morning group for 30 weeks in a row with about 16 players. Money flies around. So to make a long story short, they smoke for instance an LFD Air Bender at 6:30 in the morning. I have won some pretty big bets due to their bravado and lack of ability to handle it. Typically I tell them to grab some sugar or honey from the cart lady or the snack shack. They don't believe me and continue to feel like crap.

I always drink a gatorade or similar drink on the golf course with my cigars for this reason.

Nice to see a fellow golfer.. Where are you from? I am near Houston. I see you are a PGA member. I have a couple buddies who are PGA members, unfortunately it seems that I get a chance to play way more than them! :laugh:
I belong to a couple of clubs in the Houston area... Let me know if you are ever around..

DE

I am in Northern Colorado. Have only been to the airport in Houston. If I got down there I would have to bring my fly fishing gear as well.

Sent from my DROIDX

I got really lightheaded the other day following a Gurkha Beauty...I'm assuming that's the same thing? Didn't feel like throwing up or anything like that, maybe I just inhaled too deep or something... *NeWb StAtUs*

I hope you're not actually inhaling like you would a cigarette... I think that would make ANYONE sick!!!!

The empty stomach with a nice helping of Lfd AB chisel put me in the clover. In the words of snoop, I had to step up off of it and set my cup down. Wish I would have known about the sugar...facepalm.

I got really lightheaded the other day following a Gurkha Beauty...I'm assuming that's the same thing? Didn't feel like throwing up or anything like that, maybe I just inhaled too deep or something... *NeWb StAtUs*

No, but I guess that could be the beginning signs of nic overload. You'll know when you're sick, trust me. I get sweats, hiccups, tightened chest, and then I feel a pounding headache. All I need is a coke or something and I'm good again. This happened to me while smoking a BBMF the other day, but it went away as fast as it showed up.

I hope you're not actually inhaling like you would a cigarette... I think that would make ANYONE sick!!!!
I'm not that much of a newbie...haha

I'm not that much of a newbie...haha

I think because it was a Gurkha.
whistling.gif

I have had some cigars give me a buzz, but nothing compared to my first time smoking G&H Brown Boggie Rope pipe tobacco. That knocked me on my a$$. Had trouble walking from the deck into the house and I really thought I was going to loose my lunch on the way. I have heard people talk about it, but I figured after all these years I must have just built up a tolerance. Apparently not.

Lmao!!!! Thats great. It happens to us all from time to time my friend. Congrats on becoming an official smoker..lol

I've had that happen a few times... Bad feeling. I will remember the sugar trick and try it next time.

I seem to get the feeling when I have a cigar and it is really warm here, like 90's +

Don't remember what sticks they were, but I've gotten that sick twice before that I can remember. I just curled up and went to bed. It was that, "Please, God... let it stop and I promise I'll never drink again!" hangover feeling. After reading about the Anejos rolling people over, I was a bit worried when I smoked my very first one the other day. I had a little box of Nerds that came in my daughter's lunchable for school, had some water and a root beer with me. No trouble at all, though. Not that I'm complaining...

Glad this thread was brought back. Lots of good information about it. Good to know about the blood sugar thing.

I like drinking sweet tea with my cigars usually anyway. Since we make our tea like my wife's family from Mississippi does, there's plenty of sugar to battle any nic-sick that may creep up. Plus sweet tea just pairs well with a lot of cigars!

The 601 green label gave me a pretty good buzz. It was a delicious cigar too. Felt like I drank a 6 pack after 1 little cigar.

- John