• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nicotine Sickness

Just by coincidence, it happened to me today. Smoked, felt woozy and me, being a glutton for punishment, started dipping. My cure was a handful of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. For the sugar and the chocolate. Seems to have helped since I feel fine now. Usually some candy (sugar) helps.

Smoked an Opus X #4 yesterday and it put me in the ditch.

I'm a Pepin whore and I smoke at least 1 Pepin per day. Most of the time, I smoke on an empty stomach. No problem!! However this issue has caught me a couple of times. It is not a "food" issue, it is a blood sugar issue.

A while back, I devoured a massive carne asada burrito and followed it up with a Tatuaje Cojonu 2003. A cigar I can usaully smoke hung-over/ drunk at 7 AM in the morning with ease. That day it kicked my a$$. Poriggity (Scott) told me to drink the sweetest beverage in the shop. It was a Frapacino (sp). I chugged it, and within 10 minutes I was fine.

"Just a teaspoon of sugar helps the medicine go down" "Ol Mary, new what she was talking about.

Doc.

I had know idea this could happen, interesting read.
The other night I had an RP that gave me symptoms similar to being buzzed from alcohol. If I hadn't have read this thread I would have had no idea that could happen.
Thanks for the read.

I shared my love of cigars with one of my roommates last week. I grabbed a Padron 2000 for the both of us, and a short story for another pal who said he wanted something different.

Both of them ended up hurling. I've never felt that sick from any cigar, other than a LFD on an empty stomach. Just goes to show, anything can differ from person to person.

This is EXACTLY why i read this board religiously. If this ever happens to me, now I'll know what to do.

BEST board on the net!

Wow, well I don't feel like such a tool anymore. Yesterday was a great day, no work, and I met my wife for lunch and gorged myself at the chinese buffet. My local cigar shop is closeby, and you all know when you are closeby you can't help but wonder if any new sticks came in. So I had a few bucks in my pocket and went in originally planning on smoking a CAO Brazilia, as I was browsing an opus X caught my eye. And not too bad of a price either about 10.50 You all can scold me if you want but I'm not sure of exactly what it was. A rather small ring gauge and maybe 5 or 5 1/2 inches. Needless to say it was delicious, and definitely the best cigar I've ever had. Very smooth, with no off flavors. I kept getting huge licorice notes in the nose. I hate licorice but I really enjoyed this cigar, my only complaint was that it went out 1 or 2 times.

Back to the story...

There were 5 or 6 guys already smoking in the shop combined with my unknowingly strong cigar. I staggered out of there and tried to drive home. BALLS!!! I got so sick, borderline passed out, green, buzzed feeling with the flu. Never want to get that again.

I've done it =[

Don't feel bad haha

It sucks to feel like such crap from such a wonderful thing.

I think we've all been there at one point or another. Not fun at all. Hasn't happened to me in a long long time, knock on wood.

Happened when I had my first chew when I was 13. I remember praying to god, that I would never do it again. Looks like I'm goin staight to hell

Happened when I had my first chew when I was 13. I remember praying to god, that I would never do it again. Looks like I'm goin staight to hell

I tried some chew from the local B&M shop and got one hell of a buzz. I was surprised it didn't taste like week old ass crack. I tried it a couple of times so I can check it off the Bucket List. And yes, I've had a list when I was in High School. LOL!!!

This was me, but I believe I was either 14 or 15 not 13. It was only a small modest little pitch, now days that pitch is a bit bigger lol

I followed a fellow BOTL'S recomendation on what my first smoke should be. It was a Joya de Nicaragua Antaño 1970 robusto grande and about halfway through I felt the buzz and ended up powering through to nub it. Huge mistake cool buzz turned into sweats, shakes and ended with me praying to the porcelain gods. Now I usually drink a coke after I finish a full bodied smoke.

Haha! This happened to me when I first started, and was a bit overzealous. Rather than fight it, I found that just biting the bullet hurling took care of the feeling right away. No fun at all.

I got really lightheaded the other day following a Gurkha Beauty...I'm assuming that's the same thing? Didn't feel like throwing up or anything like that, maybe I just inhaled too deep or something... *NeWb StAtUs*