• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nicotine Sickness

StogieFarts

So yesterday around 6:00pm, I am sitting out on my porch enjoying a Pepin 601 Black Label for the very first time. A very nice cigar, I might add. I'll try to do a review on it as soon as I can find the cord to download the pics from my camera.

But I digress......

So I am outside, smoking this wonderful cigar, and I start to feel buzzed.

"Hmmmm.....that's a nice little feeling, isn't it?" I thought. I looked down at my beer and I hadn't even finished it yet. Therefore, I KNEW that this wasn't an alcohol buzz.

I was only about halfway through the cigar when this feeling hit me, and with over half of the cigar left (roughly another 40 minutes of smoke for me), I knew that this was some good sh*t. :D

So I continue puffing away, admiring the qualities of this Pepin 601, but feeling more and more buzzed. The only thing I could equate this to is that it's the same feeling as when you drink a LOT of alcohol. Except for me and my noob ass, I didn't realize that. It was illogical to me how I could be feeling a buzz when I only drank one beer. I mean, I KNEW that cigars can give you a buzz, but could they do this when you've only had HALF?

(Apparently so!)

My well intended plan to NUB this badboy started to fade. I had about a third left but now I was feeling "sick buzzed" instead of "nice-and-relaxed buzz."

I put the cigar down, went inside and that is when it hit me. I was shaking. I was sweating. I felt dizzy. I felt like throwing up. Throwing up? From a cigar that tasted so good?!?! You bet'cha!

I ended up immediately sitting down and drank about 32 ounces of water.....trying to do ANYTHING to take this feeling away. It then hit me: I SMOKED THIS BADBOY ON AN EMPTY STOMACH!!!! You idiot! It was only then that I realized the only thing I ate all day was a bowl of cereal about 6 hours earlier!

So after a little food (which was tough because the sickness took away my appetite), a lot of water, and a lot of "trying NOT to move my head around", the feeling went away within a few hours and I was back to normal.

I just thought I would share that experience with you. Lesson learned, I suppose!

LOL! :D

Yep, that's how it is. Next time try downing a teaspoon or two of sugar once you start to feel the onset of queasiness.

Welcome to the club, bro! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wilkey

LOL! :D

Yep, that's how it is. Next time try downing a teaspoon or two of sugar once you start to feel the onset of queasiness.

Welcome to the club, bro! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wilkey

That's something I will DEFINITELY try the next time this happens. Thanks Wilkey!

So yesterday around 6:00pm, I am sitting out on my porch enjoying a Pepin 601 Black Label for the very first time. A very nice cigar, I might add. I'll try to do a review on it as soon as I can find the cord to download the pics from my camera.

But I digress......

So I am outside, smoking this wonderful cigar, and I start to feel buzzed.

"Hmmmm.....that's a nice little feeling, isn't it?" I thought. I looked down at my beer and I hadn't even finished it yet. Therefore, I KNEW that this wasn't an alcohol buzz.

I was only about halfway through the cigar when this feeling hit me, and with over half of the cigar left (roughly another 40 minutes of smoke for me), I knew that this was some good sh*t. :D

So I continue puffing away, admiring the qualities of this Pepin 601, but feeling more and more buzzed. The only thing I could equate this to is that it's the same feeling as when you drink a LOT of alcohol. Except for me and my noob ass, I didn't realize that. It was illogical to me how I could be feeling a buzz when I only drank one beer. I mean, I KNEW that cigars can give you a buzz, but could they do this when you've only had HALF?

(Apparently so!)

My well intended plan to NUB this badboy started to fade. I had about a third left but now I was feeling "sick buzzed" instead of "nice-and-relaxed buzz."

I put the cigar down, went inside and that is when it hit me. I was shaking. I was sweating. I felt dizzy. I felt like throwing up. Throwing up? From a cigar that tasted so good?!?! You bet'cha!

I ended up immediately sitting down and drank about 32 ounces of water.....trying to do ANYTHING to take this feeling away. It then hit me: I SMOKED THIS BADBOY ON AN EMPTY STOMACH!!!! You idiot! It was only then that I realized the only thing I ate all day was a bowl of cereal about 6 hours earlier!

So after a little food (which was tough because the sickness took away my appetite), a lot of water, and a lot of "trying NOT to move my head around", the feeling went away within a few hours and I was back to normal.

I just thought I would share that experience with you. Lesson learned, I suppose!
Man! That takes me back, it's been a while since i've had the shakes. CONGRATULATIONS! :thumbs:

I've felt the buzz but never to the point of sickness. I'm also quite the noob and I just realized you're right up the road from me.

george

I've only had it hit me bad if I started off dehydrated, like in Iraq. So long as I'm hydrated or at least have a bottle/glass of water, I'm all good with strong cigars.

Its happened to me twice so far. I can't remember the first cigar but the second was an A fuente. Started off nice and spicey to smoke and I was definitely getting a buzz, but not the good buzz. The first time I just laid down and it went away. However, this most recent time sent me hugging the toilet bowl!

Welcome to the club bro! You'll be back numerous times.

Been there done that bro. LFD DL Lancero put me in the fetal position for about an hour one time.

Here's your cure: Eat 1 pack of Nerds and you're good to go.

"KingGeorge" said:
I'm also quite the noob and I just realized you're right up the road from me.

Oh yeah, you're not too far at all. I pass by Patterson on Highway 5 whenever I head down to Los Banos to smoke with my cousins. It's good to hear from another BOTL in the area!

"Brickhouse" said:
Here's your cure: Eat 1 pack of Nerds and you're good to go.

That seems to go hand-in-hand with Wilkey's advice to eat sugar. That's something I will always keep in mind the next time this happens. It does feel like I've been initiated into the club now, to tell you the truth! I don't think I'd be wanting to experience that again though. :laugh:

Coupla things. Isn't the 601 Black the Connecticut wrapper? That's the mildest Pepin I know of. Second thing, a few hours? Wow man, I've felt the way you did before but never for that long.

You might want to check with a Doc and see if you're pregnant or something :sign:

Just playing with ya. Seriously though, an Antano messed me up good once and the worst I've ever had it was not long ago. I took a small puff right into the lungs. Don't know how it happened, but it did, and I did end up looking into a toilet bowl.

Still, nothing comes close to a bad experience with chewing tobacco. The thought of it makes me queasy. Copenhagen, that's some bad shit to mess with.

That's funny in a nice way. Only because I have been there myself.

One time I got sick and made a beeline for the bed. I laid down with the whole room spinning. I told the wife not to even touch me. I went to sleep with my clothes on, including my shoes and socks. I remember thinking please don't let me throw up.

Other than that......................I can to this day smoke a Power Ranger on a full stomach and still get a bit wobbly in the legs. I don't know what it is about those things but, they always get me no matter how ready I think I am.

I remember stumbling out of the tobacconist the first time I smoked a VSG Torpedo, I was pretty new then though. I hadn't eaten either, I learned my lesson.

As for you suckers - my 15yr old brother's favorite cigar is the hearty LFD Double Ligero Lancero...maybe he'll grow up to be like Doc :)

Oh Man, I hate this nicotine sickness too. I had it few days ago after Opus, it was terrible 1 hour, but I think everybody had it at least one time... ofcourse excluding Doc :p

Coupla things. Isn't the 601 Black the Connecticut wrapper? That's the mildest Pepin I know of.

Yeah, that's the one. Kinda freaks me out to try anything else now, but I'm up for the challenge. Nothing like getting beat down and then coming back for more. :cool:

Second thing, a few hours? Wow man, I've felt the way you did before but never for that long.

Maybe not a few hours, but goddamn it sure felt like it. :laugh:

You might want to check with a Doc and see if you're pregnant or something :sign:

The wife is pregnant right now, so perhaps my symptoms were amplified out of being in the same proximity as her!

LMAO at the whole thread!. :laugh: I had that happen once. I was home alone and decided to soak in the tub and smoke an ISOM. The cigar got to me so bad I actually thought I was going to sink and drown. That was the last time I did that. Now I smoke on dry land - worst thing that could happen is I fall over and make an ass out of myself!

Whew, I hate that feeling. It's only really hit me once before really bad though. I hadn't eaten anything all day and it was summer, so I was dehydrated also. I was smoking a LFD L300, I think. Ended up throwing up about 30 minutes after I finished the cigar. Now I always eat before or drink something while smoking. The weird thing was that I didn't feel anything until I stood up after I smoked it. Then it just kind of hit me. :(

Did you check a mirror to see just how green you looked?

Been there done that, will probably do it again...

Did you check a mirror to see just how green you looked?

No, but I probably should have. I felt so bad......my wife was cooking this nice dinner, and all I wanted was to smoke this cigar before I came inside to eat. Needless to say, when I was done, I was too nauseous to eat with her and just sat on the couch like a dying fish.