• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

No more bottles in my beer fridge...

denverdog

Not now chief, I’m in the F**kin zone.
Nope, she now houses kegs instead. Took the jump and turned the garage beer fridge into a kegerator a couple of weeks ago. Bought a kit, drilled a hole, hooked up the C02 and bam, fresh draft beer. The very first keg is a 15.5 gallon of Gordon from Oskar Blues. Its awesome to be able to just walk into the garage and pour a glass right off the tap anytime I want, not to mention how much cheaper it is. A 4 pack of Gordon is usually around $12, now it only costs me $0.88 per 12oz glass!

So, a couple of weeks go by and last week I get a call from a local store beer manager who informs that he has a five gallon keg of Ten FIDY with my name on it! Appearntly there are only 4 kegs in the state at the monent so I do what any of us would do and get the parts, drill another hole and add another tap. I was a little concerned about running them both at the same PSI but I wanted to avoid having to purchase a dual body regulator ($80-$100). I went with an inline split ($3) and so far they are doing great at about 11 psi.

The Setup: The big keg on the left is Gordon, the smaller one in the back is Ten FIDY -- Click the first pic to enlarge.

Black and White working together in harmony:
140857.jpg

Out to the taps:
140933.jpg

Ten FIDY thats been aging since march!
141439.jpg

Very nice Jonas. What temp do you keep the fridge at? Do you have a picture of the front with the door closed?

Very nice Jonas. What temp do you keep the fridge at? Do you have a picture of the front with the door closed?

Its currently running about 42 degrees.

I actually went through the side of the fridge with the faucets to keep them out of the way.

This is how they look now. I have tap handles on order and I am going to put a tray below with a drain off hose for overflow.
141134.jpg

I actually went through the side of the fridge with the faucets to keep them out of the way.

This is how they look now. I have tap handles on order and I am going to put a tray below with a drain off hose for overflow.
141134.jpg

I like that better then coming out of the front. Looks much cleaner.

I'll be right over with my tools!

Matt, when will you be installing yours? In time for BeerFest?

OMFG.. A TenFidy keg... I just made a mess on myself.. :0 :0 :0 :0

We need a green-eyed monster and a drool smilie!

Nice bro!

That seems a bit high. How is the foam on your first pour?

I played with several different temps and at 42 degrees there is very little foam, even on the first pour. I am running 6 feet of beer line on both so that helps I think.

It also seems like a good serving temp for both beers although the TF is better a little warmer.

I love American ingenuity,,,great set up and I will copy that and put it in my cigar room. I may never return to society again and just look out my window at civilization whilst smoking my cigars and drinking my beer.

Maybe a stupid question, but how long will a keg last in a fridge like that?

That is purtier than a new set of snow tires, J-Dog.....

I'm not sure if I love you or hate you! :laugh:
October isn't so far away my man! Besides, I am sure I can find a way to ship one of those 5 gallon bastards should I come across another! :laugh:

Maybe a stupid question, but how long will a keg last in a fridge like that?
Good question, actually the first question I asked when planning this project as a 15.5 gallon keg is around 165 twelve ounce beers and Gordon is 8.7% ABV so it's not exactly a session beer and I wanted to make sure it wouldn't go bad over several months. They say they should last a long time, many many months, as the Co2 keeps the beer fresh and carbonated. The reason the kegs you drank in college only lasted 24-48 hours is because you pump air into them to get them to pour and air is really bad for beer.

That is purtier than a new set of snow tires, J-Dog.....
Ah shux, you are just sayin that... :love:

Will the 10/Fiddy last until I make it there for GABF??

Yeah, I think it will last that long considering a normal pour is about 6 ounces or so. If it were colder out it might go a bit faster but 95-100 degree days should keep it safe for a while...