• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

No more bottles in my beer fridge...

So here's my question: Did you do something to reinforce that shelf to be holding the weight of 16 + 5.25 gallons of beer? When full, that's potentially 180+ lbs on that shelf, I'd be concerned that it would fail.

So here's my question: Did you do something to reinforce that shelf to be holding the weight of 16 + 5.25 gallons of beer? When full, that's potentially 180+ lbs on that shelf, I'd be concerned that it would fail.

That is a good question, I was worried about it at first too so we weight tested it and it held up fine. Its an old fridge, 20+ years, so it was built alot different than they are now.

Ten Fidy on tap! That's F#*king awesome

DD, I had a weekend of Ten Fidy on tap while partying with my ol' Peace Corps buds in Steamboat. Great beer man. You've got it good in CO (not that I'm complaining either, we also have it good in MN).

Don't know how I missed this thread - that is cool!

Don't worry about splitting the co2 tank, you should be fine - just don't run both taps at once. :D

LOL, but you forgot that ass at the end.

I thought we were to the point where that was just understood?

Ten Fidy on tap! That's F#*king awesome

DD, I had a weekend of Ten Fidy on tap while partying with my ol' Peace Corps buds in Steamboat. Great beer man. You've got it good in CO (not that I'm complaining either, we also have it good in MN).

Mick, glad you enjoyed it. We do have it pretty good out here beer-wise but man there are some things in the midwest I would love to be able to get! Surly, Bells, Three Floyds, Shorts, New Glarus, etc...

Don't know how I missed this thread - that is cool!

Don't worry about splitting the co2 tank, you should be fine - just don't run both taps at once. :D

I was concerned that 2 different beers might need to be carbonated at different levels but so far 12-14 psi works fine for both kegs. :thumbs:

Instead of starting a new thread, I decided to bump this for some of the noobs.

After going several months without a keg, I decided to go local and replaced my last keg which was Russian River Blind Pig with Great Divide Titan IPA.

Titan IPA all buckled in.. :laugh:
3489598806_d536895ab4.jpg

Here is a rundown of the kegs I have had since I put this thing in last June.

16 Gallon:
1. Oskar Blues Gordon
2. Odell IPA
3. Stone Pale Ale
4. Russian River Blind Pig
5. Great Divide Titan IPA (Currently on tap)

5 Gallon:
1. Oskar Blues Ten FIDY (currently still on tap since July 2008)

LOL I used to strap my kegs in when I had a kegerator as well. How is that Ten Fidy doing? I couldn't keep a keg past 2-3 months without it getting skunky. Of course that was back when we drank mostly Bud Light, Shiner, and Killians and I could see a higher ABV beer doing better.

Great idea, thanks for bumping. Awesome kegerator man I'm jealous. You've deffinitely got me inspired to build myself a keg now! Not to mention I've been looking for a summer project. How difficult did you find the project?

Cheers,
Zeek

Great idea, thanks for bumping. Awesome kegerator man I'm jealous. You've deffinitely got me inspired to build myself a keg now! Not to mention I've been looking for a summer project. How difficult did you find the project?

Cheers,
Zeek

I would say it was a pretty easy project. Just get the right tools, bits, etc and it shouldn't take more than an hour or so. Be sure to keep us posted once you get started.

BTW, a little birdie told me someone else is about to start kegging homebrew... :whistling:

Cheers,
Zeek

I would say it was a pretty easy project. Just get the right tools, bits, etc and it shouldn't take more than an hour or so. Be sure to keep us posted once you get started.

BTW, a little birdie told me someone else is about to start kegging homebrew... :whistling:

Looking for the cheapest adapters, regulator, and taps right now!

Thanks to Loren, David, and Cali Mike:

kegerator.jpg

Sadly I only have StarSan on tap for now, but that will be changing very soon!

Very nice Jonas. What temp do you keep the fridge at? Do you have a picture of the front with the door closed?

Its currently running about 42 degrees.

I actually went through the side of the fridge with the faucets to keep them out of the way.

This is how they look now. I have tap handles on order and I am going to put a tray below with a drain off hose for overflow.
141134.jpg

I like that better then coming out of the front. Looks much cleaner.

So do I. I did mine out the front and the hoses get in the way so you have to be real careful closing the door or it pops open.

Thanks to Loren, David, and Cali Mike:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s275/sm...r/kegerator.jpg

Sadly I only have StarSan on tap for now, but that will be changing very soon!

Racked the Redemption clone to the keg tonight, just waiting for it to carb up now. Also bottled a batch of dubbel that will need to sit for a good while. Productive night!

I have a bunch of empty fermenters now though, only 5 gal full at the moment...

For those interested, there are lots of places to buy parts but http://www.beveragefactory.com/ has a good website that makes mixing and matching your parts easy. Plus they have directions you can download ahead of time to help get a clearer picture.

The only tools I had to get for mine were circular saws to cut the fridge.

Nice Jonas!

Another reason for a western road trip!