• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Non-Cigar Purchases

I asked the insurance company why they didn't cover hearing aids under a standard policy and the response was priceless.

"Hearing is a luxury!" That's right, a luxury. I asked if they would pay to sew my ear back on, if it got ripped off in a fight. She said of course, because that's a medical emergency. So I then said, you'd sew an ear back on a deaf man?? Yup, can't make this shit up.

Floyd T
How ya gonna wear glasses with no ears....🤣

I didnt like the smell of that clear plastic tote. Even after several scrubbings. The cooler is a little larger anyway.
View attachment 61984
Put some Spanish cedar in both. Old cigar boxes and the cedar sleeves that come in some boxes work great. I have a couple marine igloo's. They work perfect for long term. I made large containers for beads out of Tupperware and drilled holes in the lids for the exchange. Have fun filling them up.

What I don’t like about the tote is it’s more susceptible to temp change. The coolers are not. I bought three or four of those totes at Staples when they had them on sale. We’ll see. They do seal up tight, though.

Floyd T

I use the Komax Biokips brand

Never had any issue with odor, all I do is fill them to the brim with warm water and about 1/2 box of baking soda, let it set all day, rinse it out.

I keep them stacked in the bottom of a closet, not a lot of temp variation there.

I do have a 120qt Igloo cooler that works fine, it's easier to shuffle through a pile of the clear bins to find what I'm after rather than having to unload half the cooler to get to a box, but I still use both weekly.

Edit: I should also add that almost all of my cigars in both the cooler and the totes are in their boxes. I have a few loose cigars in some of the totes, box was almost empty and had to make room sort of deal plus the cooler also has a couple of Spanish cedar 1/4" planks covering the back wall.

Last edited:
I still use two smaller totes of the same brand that have no odor to them.
Just that big one.
I never could completely get rid of that chemical smell. The stuff of nightmares, thinking about my stogies in that!
The baking soda idea is a good one. But my lovely girlfriend has laid claim to it now.
Better her sweaters that can be washed than my sticks.
I toss all my cedar liners and wraps in some box, cooledor, wineador, or another. I line the bottom of those plastic trays with spanish cedar veneer too.
One of these days when I find the time I have a prime piece of 4'X6"X1" cedar board that I plan to make trays from. But that's been the plan for over a year 🤣

No messing around there -- you went straight for the Big Dog! That's a beautiful piece of Nazareth wood. I'm sure it sounds and plays as good as it looks!

It sure does! I was between that and a couple Ambertone D-28 Authentic 1937s. Hard choice but they gave me a killer deal on some guitars I traded in.

Problem is it blows my D-28 away and makes me think about selling it, lol.