• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Non USA currency?

I have a small box somewhere in the house of coins and paper money from my travels. I'll probably give it to my grandson in a couple of years when he turns double digits. Iraqi dinars with Saddam's face on them, which are worthless, as well as Russian rubles, lol.

Yeah, I have a box with some notes from China/Japan/Philippines circa WWII, and some Japanese occupation currency. Dad told a story of him and some buds wanting to get some walking around money in local currency (don't recall if it was China or Japan) and handed them a $20 to convert. Got back more bundles of bills than they could even carry.

So, we have the Dong in Vietnam.

While Canada has a $1 coin which is called a Loonie for the picture of a Loon duck on its obverse, and a $2 coin called a Toonie because it is $2.

Man ...... these third world countries and the names they give to their money.😁

While Canada has a $1 coin which is called a Loonie for the picture of a Loon duck on its obverse, and a $2 coin called a Toonie because it is $2.

Something like a fin, sawbuck and c-note?

I'm telling you - no question - the Canadian Loonie is much better than a Vietnamese Dong!

That's always a great trivia question "What country uses the 'Loonie' as their currency?" I always get blank stares... Funny - the Canadians I know always look at me with a straight face when I ask them what they call their dollar coin! I don't know how they do it!

That's always a great trivia question "What country uses the 'Loonie' as their currency?" I always get blank stares... Funny - the Canadians I know always look at me with a straight face when I ask them what they call their dollar coin! I don't know how they do it!
They get a funny look when you ask who the ugly hag is on their paper money too.🤫