• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Noobish perceptions/misconceptions.

I too thought that by reading reviews of cigars that I would know what was good..... As with everyone else its all on an individuals taste. I am also still kind of facinated in the fact that I think the darker the wrapper the stronger the smoke will be, I've learned you can't judge a book by its cover with that one. I'm still surprised when I light up a maduro that its not always as strong as I think it will be.

I did not know using a Zippo would impart a flavor on the cigar. I guess that black soot stain wasn't enough of a hint. But the FOG's at my local B&M set me straight. I learned so much from those guys, sadly the shop closed last year. After going there for the better part of 13yrs.

Another misnomer as it was previously mentioned is WHEN you decide to smoke. I was given a book written by Zino Davidoff and in it were many good bits of advice. My favorite quote is that "You should plan your day around your cigar, not your cigar around your day".
51+JG+AYZ-L._SX370_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!! …I have the same Zino Davidoff book…in-fact: I have the first printing.( I was proud to own it :) )
I mistakenly believed that any review from CIgar Aficionado had to be right. And the “Cigar of the Year” was made in heaven.
and lastly Marvin Shanken‘s word was never wrong.

Just found this great thread.
It proves one thing; everyone has a different opinion.
Some times, others will crap all over another opinion, just because they can.