• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NorCal HERF, Dinner and Wine Tour II

damn, that sucks Josh... Thursday was looking like our only other good day besides Tuesday when you pick us up. Want me to pay a 'visit' to your boss? :cool:

On another note, if I may request a HUGE favor from those attending the wine herf? As some may or may not know, my wife has some health 'issues' we are dealing with (and have been...) One thing that has made life difficult, and has gotten quite a bit worse lately, is she has developed some severe reactions to fragrances. Mostly things that are fairly strong or applied to heavily (like the Axe body stuff my nephew uses...) but sometimes just the right combination of stuff sets her off. We'll have her medication and most likely a rescue inhaler in case it gets really bad, but if everyone could please go easy and light on the perfumes, aftershaves, body washes and underarm deoderant? I hate to ask, but if she does has a reaction it means we'll have to vacate wherever we are, to get her settled back down to breathing easy. And it also means that that days events are in all reality done for us. We would GREATLY appreciate it.

And on a happier note, good GRIEF I (we) cannot wait....

Folks, I've updated the itinerary for Friday's events on the first page of this thread.

WOOHOO, we're almost there!

David

ok,
here's the latest. As some know (or don't), I tweaked my back on Friday at work. There was some question whether I would be able to handle flying down, sitting on a plane for over 5 hours. Between really really good drugs, taking it as easy as possible, and luck, I think we're good to go. It may still suck flying down, but I'm at a point where I can power thru it. Between Advil and the muscle relaxers I got, it'll be do-able. So we're already packing, and gonna be heading down LATE Monday night. Barring the stupid #$%^& volcano blowing of course.. if it does that may stop our trip right then and there.

And, as I mentioned, please pay attention to fragrances...

See y'all in a few days!!!!!!

I have a favor to ask of Blue Dragon and was hopping someone could provide me with his email or pass a long a message to him for me.

See everyone in a few days..

I have a favor to ask of Blue Dragon and was hopping someone could provide me with his email or pass a long a message to him for me.

See everyone in a few days..

PM incoming...

The forecast for this weekend proves that the herf gods are smiling!

I am setting up plans for the Thursday pre-herf at my place in Santa Rosa. Please reply to this thread or PM me if you will be showing up! We will fire up the grill and cash in on the weather and ambiance that you can only find in a Santa Rosa industrial park!

I am thinking about starting around 3 or 4 to give the DePaolas some time to make the drive over.

When; 3 to closing time
Where; Santa Rosa, CA
Why; See "what"
What; Food, Wine, Cigars (not necessarily in that order)
How; Let me worry about this one.

I will PM all details and contact info once I hear from you!

I am setting up plans for the Thursday pre-herf at my place in Santa Rosa. Please reply to this thread or PM me if you will be showing up! We will fire up the grill and cash in on the weather and ambiance that you can only find in a Santa Rosa industrial park!

I am thinking about starting around 3 or 4 to give the DePaolas some time to make the drive over.

When; 3 to closing time
Where; Santa Rosa, CA
Why; See "what"

Oh, we are IN for this! Been looking forward to this since it was first mentioned :thumbs:

(And I might even have something(s) to contribute to the grill... :whistling: )

When; 3 to closing time
Where; Santa Rosa, CA
Why; See "what"

We are in! Of course!

This year we're headed to the Sierra Foothills, making Sutter Creek our homebase. We've been going to the Sutter Creek area for a number of years now, it's a very romantic Gold Country getaway for those bringing their significant others. The American Exchange Hotel is offering our group some very nice specials and will work closely with our group for our dinner as well.

As wines go, there are some spectacular Rhone varietals, Zinfandels and probably the best Sangiovese producer in the state. Everyone has offered to host our large group with no problems! I can't wait to share with you some of my favorite producers in this area.

You're CP BOTL's will be herfing Wild West style on the Historic 49er Trail. There will hopefully not be any gun slingin', but should be plenty of whiskey & cigars flowing!

Date: Friday, April 17 to Sunday April 19, 2009
Where? The American Exchange Hotel, http://www.americanexchangehotel.com/home.php
53 Main Street Sutter Creek, CA 95685 (800) 892-2276

This historic and newly refurbished hotel has only 25 rooms total -
10 rooms have a private bathroom (second floor), $95 to $105 per night
15 rooms share 4 bathrooms (third floor), $75-$100 per night

5:00 p.m. - Dinner at Taste Restaurant in Plymouth CA, Taste is located at 9402 Main Street, Plymouth, California 95669. We'll be ordering from the menu at Taste so no need to preorder. After dinner we'll head on over to the Imperial Hotel in Sutter Creek where we can check in and perhaps do a little pre-HERF'ing.

Is that the same hotel? ???

for all you poor schlubs not attending, here's one thing you'll be missing out on:

those are 3 pound Costco sized tubs of salmon spread and one little one :cool:

This year we're headed to the Sierra Foothills, making Sutter Creek our homebase. We've been going to the Sutter Creek area for a number of years now, it's a very romantic Gold Country getaway for those bringing their significant others. The American Exchange Hotel is offering our group some very nice specials and will work closely with our group for our dinner as well.

As wines go, there are some spectacular Rhone varietals, Zinfandels and probably the best Sangiovese producer in the state. Everyone has offered to host our large group with no problems! I can't wait to share with you some of my favorite producers in this area.

You're CP BOTL's will be herfing Wild West style on the Historic 49er Trail. There will hopefully not be any gun slingin', but should be plenty of whiskey & cigars flowing!

Date: Friday, April 17 to Sunday April 19, 2009
Where? The American Exchange Hotel, http://www.americanexchangehotel.com/home.php
53 Main Street Sutter Creek, CA 95685 (800) 892-2276

This historic and newly refurbished hotel has only 25 rooms total -
10 rooms have a private bathroom (second floor), $95 to $105 per night
15 rooms share 4 bathrooms (third floor), $75-$100 per night

5:00 p.m. - Dinner at Taste Restaurant in Plymouth CA, Taste is located at 9402 Main Street, Plymouth, California 95669. We'll be ordering from the menu at Taste so no need to preorder. After dinner we'll head on over to the Imperial Hotel in Sutter Creek where we can check in and perhaps do a little pre-HERF'ing.

Is that the same hotel? ???

Dan, talking with NorCal right now and he goofed - he did mean the American Exchange Hotel instead...

for all you poor schlubs not attending, here's one thing you'll be missing out on:

Dan, talking with NorCal right now and he goofed - he did mean the American Exchange Hotel instead...

All I can saw is "Hell Ya!" after having the dip at the Barbecue herf a while ago....and thank God...I thought I made reservations in the wrong place....

OMG, I jizzed in my pants. :thumbs:

Oh damn, that there is reason enough to make it.

You made an error, when you sent me this as part of the cheese pass. You shouldn't have included all the other stuff, to make this. It's nowhere near how you made it, but it will have to do until I can enjoy it in person with you.

Man I don't even care anymore. He only shows me the pictures so he can tell me I can't have any.

When; 3 to closing time
Where; Santa Rosa, CA
Why; See "what"

We are in! Of course!
Well, it looks like Mother Nature is putting me to the test again this year. The storm was supposed to be past me by Wednesday, but now it looks like it is supposed to rain and snow all day/night Wednesday.... but it won't stop me!!! I won't be heading out till Thursday AM, which should put me in Santa Rosa around 5-6pm. I will be sooo ready to get off my bike and have a cigar and ... some good bourbon? :thumbs: I am really lookin forward to this boys. :thumbs: :cool: :thumbs: :cool: :thumbs:

Star and I will not be able to make the festivities on Thursday but are looking forward to seeing everyone Friday.

Around what time do you plan on leaving Tower Cigars as I'm not sure when we will be arriving in Sacramento?

Star and I will not be able to make the festivities on Thursday but are looking forward to seeing everyone Friday.

Around what time do you plan on leaving Tower Cigars as I'm not sure when we will be arriving in Sacramento?

We should be leaving Tower Cigars at around 11:00 a.m..

I'm really going to miss hanging with you guys at Kevins place on Thursday, have a great time! and if anyone wants to bring be a Chardonnay from Kevins or a growler of RR Pliny the Elder :whistling:

:cool:

First post updated with more itinerary inforamtion.

I PM'd all of you my cell number in case you need to get in contact with me at anytime this week.

David