• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now Playing....(Movies and Reviews)

I'll likely pass on Bird Box.
Watched season 3 of Travelers. Not a bad watch. Time travel adventure exploring the whole paradox/butterfly effect.
Started watching The Protector. It's a series from Turkey, so have to read subtitles and some don't make sense...but it's kind of a fun watch.

Same on Bird Box. I really don't watch ANY horror films to speak of. Used to, just don't care for the genre anymore. Being nervous & tense while watching terrible things happen to unappealing strangers? No thanks ....

Love Travelers. I've watched all three seasons. Really solid acting and storylines. Kinda wondering where they'll go from that finale!

Watched the first few of The Protector. I'll probably get back to it eventually. It seemed a bit, well, theological for my taste. "Only these holy objects can slay the immortal demon" was a bit much for me.

Yesterday I watched Watership Down on Netflix, and I have to say, while it's been 50 years since I read the book & my memory of it was vague & fuzzy at best, I really did not expect what I thought would be a fun revisit of a childhood classic to be quite that gory & INTENSE.

Damn if they didn't make me CARE about a bunch of rabbits! :oops:

~Boar

Was it a remake, or the original cartoon?

I was in the 3 grade when I read Watership Down....first real book I ever read, and it started a lifelong joy of reading

Was it a remake, or the original cartoon?

I was in the 3 grade when I read Watership Down....first real book I ever read, and it started a lifelong joy of reading

Remake. CGI, so the rabbits were very .... realistic. :oops:

~Boar

Shows that I enjoyed on my many flights:
Timeless - you have to get past the first few episodes, then you can’t stop watching.
Catastrophe - great acting, some parts made me laugh out loud (which is a bit embarrassing while you are in mid flight)
The Good Doctor - crazy good acting by the lead character...

Agree with above. It was pretty good, second things were really good, and some things could have been better.

Over all I would recommend it.

Watched "Into the Spider-verse' really enjoyed it, and "Bumblebee". Not a bad movie either, but wanted more...
I really enjoyed Into the Spiderverse as well!

Reactions: MX
Same on Bird Box. I really don't watch ANY horror films to speak of. Used to, just don't care for the genre anymore. Being nervous & tense while watching terrible things happen to unappealing strangers? No thanks ....

Love Travelers. I've watched all three seasons. Really solid acting and storylines. Kinda wondering where they'll go from that finale!

Watched the first few of The Protector. I'll probably get back to it eventually. It seemed a bit, well, theological for my taste. "Only these holy objects can slay the immortal demon" was a bit much for me.

Yesterday I watched Watership Down on Netflix, and I have to say, while it's been 50 years since I read the book & my memory of it was vague & fuzzy at best, I really did not expect what I thought would be a fun revisit of a childhood classic to be quite that gory & INTENSE.

~Boar

I have some theories for season 4 of Travelers, but discussion would spoil it for those not yet caught up...
Wish they did better on the firearms portion, but I'll give them a pass as the story is a fresh look at something that is so easy to fall into the "lather, rinse, repeat" mindset of the genre.

Re-watching The Magicians and GOT.
Done with season 1 of each

Watched Season 3 (final season) of "A Series Of Unfortunate Events" on Netflix with The Short One. I'm really sad that this series is over. Neil Patrick Harris is phenomenal, as always, and I've loved everything Patrick Warburton has done since I first came to know of him in "The Tick". I have not read the books, but may do so if I can convince my youngest to read them along with me so we can discuss them as we go.

Watched Season 3 (final season) of "A Series Of Unfortunate Events" on Netflix with The Short One. I'm really sad that this series is over. Neil Patrick Harris is phenomenal, as always, and I've loved everything Patrick Warburton has done since I first came to know of him in "The Tick". I have not read the books, but may do so if I can convince my youngest to read them along with me so we can discuss them as we go.
The books are phenomenal....I love the introduction of upper level vocabulary words and the context and explanation of them

Did you ever watch Hoodwinked? Loved how Warburton did the Big Bad Wolf.

My wife's and my favorite scene is the one where they find a box of candles in the coal car.

Just watched Occupation on Netflix.
It's Red Dawn, only this time it's Oz attacked by up-armored Gray's.

My two older kids are down in the oldest's room right now re-watching the precis seasons in preparation for watching the new one.

~Boar
But anyway this will be are sequel to Bird Box...

I have watched all but the final episode of season 2 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Prime. I'm not really surprised that this hasn't hit anyone's radar. I avoided it for a long time too. Every time I watch it I think of Boar and his love of Pin-ups. It's not just a show about a comedian doing stand-up. I highly recommend it.
I also started "Sex Education" on Netflix last night. Generally, it's about a high school kid whose mom is a sex therapist and, by extension of growing up with hearing his mother counsel people, is able to help his classmates with some of their issues. The kid is constantly dealing with his mother's very personal questions and very active sex life. There are different sub-plots as you see the different pressures that parents put on their kids.

Every time I watch it I think of Boar and his love of Pin-ups.

Well, now I'm a little intrigued. I haven't watched it because it just didn't look like my kind of show---I like SF, action, gritty police procedurals, stuff like that---but since you've gone and said the magic word I have to check it out!

~Boar

I second The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel... very funny, well written and great acting...

Bad Times at the El Royale was a really fun watch---like a blend of Coen Brothers, Tarantino & Wes Anderson. Stellar acting! Jeff Bridges is amazing & Chris Hemsworth plays a Charles Manson type!

~Boar

Wife wanted to see The Upside. Reviews are pretty bad so I went in with low expectations. I was shocked at how much we both enjoyed it.