• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NYC Area Monthly Meet Up

Just bumping it right now. If things go as they're supposed to, we may be at Brass Monkey again, they're supposed to be getting rooftop heaters and tents up, if not, Florio's fried calzone sounds really enticing.

I walked by the Brass Monkey this weekend and they have some sort of tent/contraption up on the deck.

I would suggest Brass Monkey as the spot this week ... considering the weather will be agreeable ... plus the tent.

A nice venue, might as well take advantage of it before the really cold weather settles in and drives the herf inside?

In any case ... I will be late this week .. business dinner.

I walked by the Brass Monkey this weekend and they have some sort of tent/contraption up on the deck.

I would suggest Brass Monkey as the spot this week ... considering the weather will be agreeable ... plus the tent.

A nice venue, might as well take advantage of it before the really cold weather settles in and drives the herf inside?

You mean next week the second Wednesday of the month, right?

You mean next week the second Wednesday of the month, right?

Yeah, what he said... the second Wednesday of the month... yeah, that's what I meant.

Sounds good then, they must have the heaters up, so Brass Monkey again if weather is decent and Florio's if not. And definitely, you can go this week, I just won't be there ;)

First post updated!!! Brass Monkey if it isn't raining or snowing, Florio's if it is.

Jeeez .. seems that I can't get to one of these Wednesday herfs. Had to go to a pistol safety course at the Sheriff's Dept in order to complete the requirements for my Full Carry Pistol Permit. Better get it now before the Democrats in NY shutdown the 2nd Amendment. :sign: Hopefully see you guys next time.

Louie, Now I feel safer when we herf together knowing you will protect us all!!!

Swung by the Brass Monkey yesterday. Good news, bad news.

The front half of the deck (nearer the door, nearer the river) is fully covered. Tops, sides, totally enclosed. But no smoking.

The back half, were the three big tables are, has an awning that reaches practically to the front half. there's still about a couple of feet of open space between the walls and the awning.

So, last night was perfect. Temperature was fine. Awning kept the rain off me. Sat there in a suit jacket and was comfortable.

If it was 5-10 degrees colder it might be fine also ... just a warm sweater. Most of the wind is blocked.

Much colder than that and I doubt I would want to go there to smoke. Today and tomorrow would be great days there.

Also, they updated the spirits list. Some new rums (Appleton Estate) and some new whiskies (Midleton at $12).

They also switched over to the winter beers.

Let's keep an eye on the weather next week before committing to Brass Monkey. If it's in the mid50's I would think it's fine.

If anyone else has a chance for some recon, please do so for a second opinion.

Sounds good Geoff, I'll update the first post to reflect, 50's and up Brass Monkey, 40's and down Florio's.

So I'm guessing they didn't install the heaters at the Brass Monkey? If they had them 40's wouldn't be that bad.

See everyone on Wednesday!

So I'm guessing they didn't install the heaters at the Brass Monkey? If they had them 40's wouldn't be that bad.

See everyone on Wednesday!

Seems like they're in the enclosed part in which there is no smoking.