• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Official 2008 CP March Madness Pool Thread

Alright Gentleman,

The Elite 8 is over and the Final Four is set!!

Here's where we all stand:

cpelite8hx3.jpg

Also, I have all the cigars in!!

I'll be splitting these into prize packages tonight and taking some photos to post. Stay tuned for that, they look pretty damned good :)

Alright Gentleman,

The Elite 8 is over and the Final Four is set!!

Here's where we all stand:

cpelite8hx3.jpg

Also, I have all the cigars in!!

I'll be splitting these into prize packages tonight and taking some photos to post. Stay tuned for that, they look pretty damned good :)
Who's that at the bottom of the list? :whistling: :laugh:

If you're not first, you're last.............

Gentelmen,

Here are the pictures of what is at stake. I went ahead and added another cigar from my collection in order to get the total to 70 cigars. This made it easier to split. I went with a 40, 20, 10 split for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place respectively. I did my best to mix a bit of everything into each prize package. Here are the photos:

EVERYTHING TOGETHER:

allofityd3.jpg

1st PLACE:

1stplacejm9.jpg

2nd PLACE:

2ndplacepd2.jpg

3rd PLACE:

3rdplacebp7.jpg

I like how that bottle of Corona went down between pics, what no lime? :D

I like how that bottle of Corona went down between pics, what no lime? :D

It was in there for scale purposes, lol.

No lime, didn't have any. Tried some lime juice but it wasn't the same.

I'll be away from home on work until Wednesday of next week. So I won't be able to ship winning packages until Thursday or Friday. Just an FYI.

I actually won't even be able to watch the Final Four games due to a training event and I'll just make it out of the field in time to catch the Championship game :(

Oh well, good luck all!

Those are some pretty pictures, Wyatt. Too bad my brackets suck here. I have noticed it really helps to pick the winning teams. :whistling:

I was wondering why you were more concerned with Kansas than Memphis. Actually Memphis has a better chance. NC all the way brother!!!! :thumbs:

I was wondering why you were more concerned with Kansas than Memphis. Actually Memphis has a better chance. NC all the way brother!!!! :thumbs:

Kansas will knock a lot of you pretenders out! :D

8818.jpg

This has been fun. I have known since the end of the first round that when UCLA wins I will win 1st place because I chose favorites all the way and CParker (the only other person to pick UCLA) could not pass me due to similarity of picks.

The line opened with Memhis -1 and NC -3, you're both in trouble. That is if the bookies know what they are talking about on this one. :laugh:

The line opened with Memhis -1 and NC -3, you're both in trouble. That is if the bookies know what they are talking about on this one. :laugh:

Since most people choose the favorite when betting, the lines are set so the favorite does not cover (i.e. the underdog does cover) and the sports book makes money. Since Memphis is favored by only 1, the bookies are betting UCLA will win (since they can't tie), while most bettors should pick the favored Tigers and lose. I have read somewhere that the underdog plus points wins more than the favorite minus points. Either way I'm still hosed.

Lets just hope that NC makes me happiest.

Well, North Carolina took the pipe, but i've got to give it up to Kansas, they came to play and boy did they play. Tip of the hat to Kansas. :thumbs: