• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Official 2008 CP March Madness Pool Thread

:laugh: I guess only living 30 minutes from Davidson gave me a little advantage since I knew how good they really were.

Hey Justin, You watch the game? :whistling:

Ugh! My (slim) hopes in the bracket and as a fan crushed simultaneously. :(

At least I can donate some more sticks in the Sweet 16 pool. :)

That's the spirit Justin!!

Listening to ESPN this AM, they said out of over 3+ million entries on their bracket challeng there were 2 with the correct sweet 16. But nobody, including these 2 had picked perfect (0 loss) bracket.

Lou

:laugh: I guess only living 30 minutes from Davidson gave me a little advantage since I knew how good they really were.

Hey Justin, You watch the game? :whistling:

If they play Wisconsin like they played Gonzaga. You may be in for a loss my friend. I would never have though they'd get past G-town. :( Good Luck all.

There have been some great games thus far, to the dismay of my now useless bracket.

Points = 1212 Thanks Wyatt.

That makes sense but then I have to ask.......why did you pick UNC to win it all? :whistling:

Contest #1 (CP March Madness Participants Only):

How many TOTAL points will be scored in the Sweet 16 Round?

Closest to the exact amount (yes you can go over) gets a 5'er from my collection.

I forgot to mention.....deadline for entry to this competition is tip-off of the first Sweet 16 game.

That makes sense but then I have to ask.......why did you pick UNC to win it all? :whistling:
Because they will. Just because I live 30 minutes from Davidson, doesn't mean I pull for them. They went 20-0 in conference and 6-6 out of conference losing to Duke, UNC, and UCLA, by a combined 20 points......you shut down Curry, they don't stand a chance.

Because they will. Just because I live 30 minutes from Davidson, doesn't mean I pull for them. They went 20-0 in conference and 6-6 out of conference losing to Duke, UNC, and UCLA, by a combined 20 points......you shut down Curry, they don't stand a chance.

Who's capable of shutting down Curry? Here's a quote,"He's 22-of-43 from the field and 13-of-25 from 3-point range through two games. That's how he has scored a combined 70 points, meaning he's averaging 35 per contest in this NCAA tournament. "

Just an FYI, there's already 5 peeps registered in the Sweet 16 Pool....that's a 8 cigar pot in itself :)

Edit: My math sucks.

I am going to put money on Davidson tomorrow to win it all............

Here we go!!!

Good luck guys.

Sweet 16 tourney is locked in, good turnout on that one again. 12 cigar pot :)

SWEET 16 is complete!

Contest Winners are:

Contest #1: There were 1142 points scored in the actual Sweet 16 Round. The closest was Smellysell who guessed 1169!!

Contest #2: The person in last place at the end of the Sweet 16 Round is Smellysell!!

Justin, you'll have a 10 pack from my stash enroute on Monday :) Congrats on winning both contests!!

SWEET 16 is complete!

Contest Winners are:

Contest #1: There were 1142 points scored in the actual Sweet 16 Round. The closest was Smellysell who guessed 1169!!

Contest #2: The person in last place at the end of the Sweet 16 Round is Smellysell!!

Justin, you'll have a 10 pack from my stash enroute on Monday :) Congrats on winning both contests!!

Thanks Wyatt! At least something good came out of my UConn-Georgetown championship game debacle, haha.

Like I had said before. It's a long way from being over. Congrats Justin.......as Cigarstone sneaks into position. ???

Justin,

Package goes out today: DC 0103 8555 7494 7435 5665

Ok I can't win but I do believe I could still take 2nd. I need UNC/UCLA then UNC winning the final. :thumbs:

Lou

Hehe, yeah, I've been crunching the numbers myself. If I win out the rest of the games I still can't beat sack because we have the same picks from here on out, but I think I can still steal 2nd if I get everything else right.