• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Official NYC Summer Herf!

Sponsors:

Roxor
Cuban Crafters
Lighter's Direct
General Cigar
CAO
Perdomo Cigars
Armando Ramos Cigars

Steve

got your PM

Yes, I am planning on attending and Jennifer may join me as well. I am trying to talk both my father-in-law and my brother-in-law into coming but I think they are afraid to cross the Nassau border :laugh:

And yes, Jenn did get that email u referred to

BTW - I had the Soprano Soldier(6 x 54)last night. Not a bad stick, overpriced of course but then again, I didn't pay for it :cool: I think it runs around $12-13 per stick.

It had a great burn with a clean, white ash. Notes of almonds and a bit of spicy chocolate on the front end. It was pleasent from start to finish.

I have a question that is perhaps stupid but maybe not.

With all these sponsors giving us stuff how will we make sure the smokes stay in decent condition at the HERF ? The way the weather is now it looks like we will be in the mid to upper 80's.

With all these sponsors giving us stuff how will we make sure the smokes stay in decent condition at the HERF ? The way the weather is now it looks like we will be in the mid to upper 80's.

I thought about that too, hopefully the indoor part of Bohemian Hall is air conditioned and the goodie bags can be kept in there? I really don't think that it will be an issue as cigars sit in warehouses for days in 100+ heat and they are ok. They will be in airtight ziploc bags so humidity shouldn't be a problem.

I too was thinking about that and personally I'm going to probably put my Otterbox in a small hand held cooler with a couple of freezer packs to keep it around 70 degrees. Like Scott stated though, cigars are kept for period of time in warehouses at temps in the 90s and 100s........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

I do have a special item to be raffled at this NYC Herf! What could it be :whistling:

Ticket price to be determined at the event!

I wanted to give a special shout-out to Alan from PuffnStuff Cigars for his help with some of the vendor support especially with CAO - Thanks Alan - your a true BOTL :thumbs:

I too was thinking about that and personally I'm going to probably put my Otterbox in a small hand held cooler with a couple of freezer packs to keep it around 70 degrees. Like Scott stated though, cigars are kept for period of time in warehouses at temps in the 90s and 100s........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

We can use Tom's ginormous otterbox. :0

Alright, For this herf for door prizes and raffle prizes, I will bring my cooler bag, it's a picnic bag and it will hold many baggies of cigars and a few boxes, that should work for raffle prizes.

I would also like to announce that there will be a raffle for a special box of cigars and all proceeds will go to the Twin Tower Orphan Fund. The ticket prices will be: 5 dollars a raffle ticket and let me just say the box is from overseas.

BTW, I updated the first post with sponsor info!!!

And, John Conroy is going to be coming out for this herf, so let's make sure we all shake his hand and thank him for the sponsorship when we see him.

Alright, For this herf for door prizes and raffle prizes, I will bring my cooler bag, it's a picnic bag and it will hold many baggies of cigars and a few boxes, that should work for raffle prizes.

I would also like to announce that there will be a raffle for a special box of cigars and all proceeds will go to the Twin Tower Orphan Fund. The ticket prices will be: 5 dollars a raffle ticket and let me just say the box is from overseas.

BTW, I updated the first post with sponsor info!!!

And, John Conroy is going to be coming out for this herf, so let's make sure we all shake his hand and thank him for the sponsorship when we see him.

Good going Sean with bringing all the door prizes in the cooler bag. I'll bring the raffle tickets and may the lucky man win. Lastly, some of the S/BOTL may not know who John Conroy is. John is the General Cigar Company and lives right here in NY. This is going to be another great Herf to remember so bring your cameras again cause John did say in his last news letter that he wants to start posting pics of herfs from now on....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Wow.... this is turning out to be some HERF !!..... you guys are doing a great job... Can't wait to see some old faces again and to meet some new S/BOTL.....

Sean, ya need me to get there a little earlier to give you a hand ??...... LMK

Wow.... this is turning out to be some HERF !!..... you guys are doing a great job... Can't wait to see some old faces again and to meet some new S/BOTL.....

Same here Sean if you need any help at all just let me know

Good question Tommy and thanks for the offer, it'd also be great to see you before it starts getting crowded to catch up. For those who want to help stake out our area (though at 2:00 it won't be too crowded at all) and carry all the treats in, I'm gonna be over there by 1:30 making sure we're ready with the tickets and goodie bags. Scott, is this kosher with you? Also, I think we're going to have to make a roll call list so we're not wasting the goodie bags on a bunch of random tom, dick and jane's who are keen enough to figure out what's going on and come up asking. It'll also ensure that the right people are getting raffle tickets.

BTW, I was at the garden last night and it's gonna be a great time guys and gals!!!

I will get there at 1:30 to help out.

As far as a roll call probably if they mention one of the sites that this is posted on that's cool

Same here Sean if you need any help at all just let me know

Sounds good to me too. I will have to coordinate with you to meet me out in front of the place to unload the stuff and then I will go and find parking. I will have a ton of stuff to carry in so a couple of guys would be great. Also, this week we need to reconfirm the guest list because I noticed a few guys were iffy and we need to have definites for the goodie bags since this is going to be a large crowd.