• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oil prices still falling!

jfields

Where did all my money go?
I don't feel one bit sorry for the bastids. It's about time we shoved it back down their throats for a change. Linky

BTW............. What's gas costing your way right now? I paid $2.51 a gallon on the way to work this morning @ the WV/VA border.

I paid $2.49 a gallon to fill up last night in Friendswood, Tx. About an hour later my brother told me he found a place in Alvin, Tx. for $2.29 a gallon! :angry: Looks like I'll be filling up in Alvin from now on.

I paid $2.56 yesterday while down in SC it was $1.99. I don't understand it, but when Ike hit, N.C had the 3rd highest gas price average behind Hawaii and Alaska.

I was on a vacation last weekend and filled up at the Oklahoma and Texas border for $2.34

Keep in mind, though, that as great as this is, it should be significantly lower than it is today. When the price of the barrel was what it is now (about a year or 2 ago), the price per gallon was lower than it is today.

I think we are one of the nation's lowest places for gas, if not the lowest, some places(including one about 1/4 mile from where I live) are as low as $2.11.

Jeeze, looks like we're getting robbed here in Idaho. Just paid $3.02.

Keep in mind, though, that as great as this is, it should be significantly lower than it is today. When the price of the barrel was what it is now (about a year or 2 ago), the price per gallon was lower than it is today.

Correct. Prices always slide downward much slower than they rise. You're also likely to see disparities in prices from one station to the next.

$2.25 in NE Minneapolis.

In Southern New Jersey this morning I saw $2.399...I saw $2.519 yesterday. My car runs on Premium and what still baffles me is that there was always a .10 diffence between the grades for many years...yesterday I saw a diffence of .48 a gallon between 87 octane Regular (2.51) and 93 octane Premium (2.99) when I filled up :whistling: WHY? They're still stealing their money in a smaller way.

The pricks at OPEC still want it to remain high by cutting production showing they could care less about the World Economy recovering. Anyone want to question their motives anymore? Let them choke on their crude...we need to drill now in America and drive a stake through their hearts once and for all.

I saw an interesting Poll the other day asking if your driving would increase due to the price of gas going down. There was over 200K responses and more than 87% said they wouldn't drive more!

$2.22 here in Des Moines this morning. I've heard that even if the rat bastids at OPEC do squeeze their production it won't affect the price too much because inventories are up. I hope this is true because as Isy pointed out, the price of gas doesn't jive with the crude price when it was last this low. How far away are we from a Congressional buyout package to OPEC? :rolleyes: :sign:

When oil was on the way up, ~$70 a barrel equaled ~$1.70 a gallon. So until we get there, we are still getting piped.

JJK

Still - $ 2.79 in Pittsburgh this morning at my local BP. I think I will wait to fill up based on info from you guys.

Taxifornia cheapest is around $3.28, I think!

Brian

When oil was on the way up, ~$70 a barrel equaled ~$1.70 a gallon. So until we get there, we are still getting piped.

JJK

Thank You! That's what I've been screaming the last couple days! Paid 3.19 in SoCal yesterday! I'm still getting hosed.

I paid $3.47 in northern Cali last night.

Cheapest i have seen lately up here is around $3.30 but that stations 30 minutes from my house.

Are you guys serious? As low as $1.99/gallon? That's cheap. I just paid $3.19/gallon.