• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ok, valid question here.......

What is your recipe for the Hot buttered rum? I have been meaning to try this, with Whiskey probably. I found these what sound really easy, since you make most of it ahead of time.
https://www.thespruceeats.com/hot-buttered-whiskey-winter-favorite-4119061
Tried it once with whisky, didn't care for it. And, make no mistake, I like whisky.....:p But, with some spiced rum, this stuff is pretty awesome;

1/2 gallon premium vanilla ice cream, softened
1 pound butter, softened
1 (1-pound) box powdered sugar
1 (1-pound) box dark brown sugar
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Soften the ice cream and butter, and mix it up. For a drink, a big dollop of mix and a shot or two of rum in the cup. Stir it up well, then add very hot water (necessary to melt the butter). Yummy...!! Oh, and store the leftover mix in the freezer.

Tried it once with whisky, didn't care for it. And, make no mistake, I like whisky.....:p But, with some spiced rum, this stuff is pretty awesome;

1/2 gallon premium vanilla ice cream, softened
1 pound butter, softened
1 (1-pound) box powdered sugar
1 (1-pound) box dark brown sugar
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Soften the ice cream and butter, and mix it up. For a drink, a big dollop of mix and a shot or two of rum in the cup. Stir it up well, then add very hot water (necessary to melt the butter). Yummy...!! Oh, and store the leftover mix in the freezer.
That sounds like it makes a TON... I saw you said store the leftover in the freezer. Do yo have a Gallon baggie left over?

My wife does not do Christmas early. In fact we...I...am typically the ones hanging lights in the snow on a metal extension ladder.

Everything but trees and the Xmas tree. I can’t hang lights on them. I put them on, take them down, put them on, rip them down and throw them in the bucket until she does em. Lol

Don’t know how I missed this thread! My wife/event coordinator and general homemaker plays with decorations per season throughout the year but we both agree; the fresh cut tree and all of the items that accompany it goes up two weeks before 12/25 and comes down no later than one week after 1/1.........a homemade wreath is the only exterior decoration we do And that stays up the entire winter.

Don’t know how I missed this thread! My wife/event coordinator and general homemaker plays with decorations per season throughout the year but we both agree; the fresh cut tree and all of the items that accompany it goes up two weeks before 12/25 and comes down no later than one week after 1/1.........a homemade wreath is the only exterior decoration we do And that stays up the entire winter.
Same on your tree timing

9FDEEC56-C208-48EF-99AD-EC4D2ED4A092.jpeg808606E5-A747-4C34-AFE0-90E765EAC75A.jpeg792D5A19-B398-46EB-8715-27EC440340C4.jpegDonella said she wanted a Christmas tree in every room this year. I said “Nah! That’s overkill and a little excessive.” So we talked about it like adults and compromised. So, now we have a tree in every room this year.

View attachment 36885View attachment 36886View attachment 36887Donella said she wanted a Christmas tree in every room this year. I said “Nah! That’s overkill and a little excessive.” So we talked about it like adults and compromised. So, now we have a tree in every room this year.
I know the feeling, I have 6 trees up in my house... under a normal year I am fine with it because we typically have lots of people over. This year I tried to talk her out of it but she wasn’t having it...

I know the feeling, I have 6 trees up in my house... under a normal year I am fine with it because we typically have lots of people over. This year I tried to talk her out of it but she wasn’t having it...
Same here Aaron. We normally have five. We just threw away our big tree after I gave up on the lights yesterday. Will be getting a new one over the weekend hopefully. Then the one we put in the cigar lounge is still in the box since the room is still mid renovation. It’s just easier to nod my head and say yes dear.