• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Online Purchases

I like "Thompson" lol. :p

All kidding aside, I like C-bid and the like. But I really like getting them from people on here and at the local B&M's.

Do you have to know what you want before you are able to purchase? I like online stuff because you can browse the full selection.

I used to think that way, too. When you're first starting off and trying to find what you like, it's easier.

Now I just give a couple of suggestions and a price range to the couple of guys here that I buy from. They know what I like and always send along something new that's along the same lines. So I get what I like and a few new things to try all the time. Let to some new cigars that I probably wouldn't have tried otherwise.

-John

Should I wait a little bit to build up a reputation on the forums before I contact one of them? Who are the vendors? Would I just PM them for info?

If all you want are bargains on more common cigars, yes, CI and CBID and the like. I prefer a relationship with a tobacconist. For those lucky enough to live in a state with low taxes, there you go. For those who don't, there are several retail Brothers here like Isy@Uptown, Puffstuff, Keystone Raider, NorcalMark, Hermit11, and now bilder. It is good business to take care of your good customers first when the good stuff comes in. You'll NEVER get that from the big box stores. Can't forget the Stinkimonkey and his famous sidekick Skisomalia.

AMEN!! Great people and great prices on great sticks!
Honestly, these folks are the best.
(Silo too!)

Should I wait a little bit to build up a reputation on the forums before I contact one of them? Who are the vendors? Would I just PM them for info?

You can buy from them,you just have to send your end first.It's a good way to get established as well.

Sounds good. I recently got an order from CI that filled my at home 50 ct. humidor. And about a month ago, I had a large CB order that came in which filled my humidor up at my cottage which is a 500 ct. It's going to take a while to make some room. :p

What size orders do they prefer?

Gosh no! Call any or all of them now. Everyone I mentioned is a tobacconist - yeah, Silo too. Be honest and ask questions. They'll ask you questions too. Thats what they do.

Gosh no! Call any or all of them now. Everyone I mentioned is a tobacconist - yeah, Silo too. Be honest and ask questions. They'll ask you questions too. Thats what they do.
Call these guys now and get started building a relationship with a tobacconist, as Bruce mentioned.

I hate to mention vendors as I always miss someone, and there's no intention to slight any of these fine guys. In addition to the guys already mentioned, there's Brad at the Outlaw who has a class operation, as well.... :thumbs: I'm sure there are others that haven't been mentioned, but you get the idea. Dig in and read some threads.....these are the guys that have EARNED your business and will work to keep it.

Regards - B.B.S.

As a noob on this site and to the world of cigar smoking I highly recommend the guys on this forum. I’ve now done several transactions with Israel at Uptown and never been disappointed. With my first transaction we discussed a price range and what my likes and dislikes are and he then sent a sample along with a detailed description on the cigars. This helped me establish a fine line of cigars and also gain a better understanding on the various cigars. The type of relationship you establish surpassed the generic online store. One noobs thoughts to another.

Best of luck.

Sounds good. I recently got an order from CI that filled my at home 50 ct. humidor. And about a month ago, I had a large CB order that came in which filled my humidor up at my cottage which is a 500 ct. It's going to take a while to make some room. :p

What size orders do they prefer?

Thats completely up to you. I'd say not less than a fiver. His goal will be to earn your business by treating you right. I seldom order less than a box, but my last order from Isy at Uptown was a fiver of Liga Privada #9. They're a bit expensive.

I like going to the local spots for singles, trying new things, or if I'm just bored. It's much nicer to be able to see and touch a cigar that is new to you and decide if you want to try it. It's also nice to have the good advice of a long time b&m owner and talk shop, rather than reading the BS that the copywriters for CI put down (which admittedly can be hilarious, but seriously, how do they live with themselves?).

For larger purchases, I simply buy from wherever is cheapest (without sacrificing service). If I could afford to buy boxes from a local shop, I would, but I'm young.

rather than reading the BS that the copywriters for CI put down (which admittedly can be hilarious, but seriously, how do they live with themselves?).

Sometimes their product descriptions are a bit outlandish. They make dog rockets sound like gold. :sign:

rather than reading the BS that the copywriters for CI put down (which admittedly can be hilarious, but seriously, how do they live with themselves?).

Sometimes their product descriptions are a bit outlandish. They make dog rockets sound like gold. :sign:

LOL I have seen this. They have a way with words that makes you want to try something. They could make you interested in tasting dog shit off the sidewalk. :) Most of those places pride themselves on quantity not quality so the more they sell, the better. I do remember one site they sells ones with descriptions like 'Dog Shit', 'porter potty' and 'appauling'. Suprisingly, they sell a lot of them probably for some joke the customers play on their friends.

Ill contact a few soon. :)

I have a modest collection and don't get to smoke them as often as I do, but still being newish to cigars I have mainly purchased from online sites and gotten samplers to work figuring out what tastes I prefer. It has been great to try different things and now feel as if I am learning and can even start recommending some cigars to people when they visit.

I will start checking into some of the vendors on this site too when I am ready to make an order, don't have the need right now, but there will be a time I am sure.

I have contacted a few of them and even though I am dissapointed in the fact that there isn't any visual viewing of the product, the relationship with the guys is going to take some time but will be great. :) Can't wait to get my first order in.

You guys are awesome. Threads like this make me so glad stumbled on to you guys.

Great Great Newbie advice.

Sincerely,
Thank You!!!!!!

PJ

I've got an excellent site I can recommend to you, but you will have to P.M. me for it.

I could tell you in this thread, but then I would have to kill you.

I just received an order from Tampa Humidor and I just got to say that I'm happy with everything. They had great prices, sent my singles with a humi pillow, and best of all, give free shipping on all singles! I ordered 14 singles, and shipping was free.
I will do business with them again.

Just my 2 cents!

I have bought many cigars online and have always recieved what i purchased.Untill yesterday I bought a box God of Fire and someone lifted them from my doorstep.I have always felt uneasy about UPS leaving items on doorsteps and it finaly caught up to me.All of the money i saved over buying from B&M was lost.I hope Cigarbid insures these packages or i am out some money.What really sucks is I have really wanted to try these as i cant get them around here.Would like to know if anyone else has tried one and what they thought about it.They were the carlitos by the way