• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opening and Dissecting Fake box of Siglo VI

Have you smoked one? Regardless of authenticity, I'd at least try one.

Took one apart today. Here is the dissection of Britney (label has a ponytail).

Wrapper came off and felt pretty pliable, soft. It had a triple cap.

Binder was still pliable, but more dry.

Filler had some tobacco wrapped around the bottom part, then the filler itself was very dry. Not all veins were removed, it broke up a lot diring disassembly. Would be hard to say how it would have come apart if it was humidified better.

One small filamentous thing in there. Smells like tobacco, breals apart easily. It's not synthetic.

Smells like tobacco, earthy, mineral smell. Will humidify them and give one a shot unless you guys have seen something that makes this not worth trying.

Thoughts? This was my 1st breakdown.

20220308_172027.jpg20220308_172109.jpg20220308_172258.jpg20220308_172441.jpg20220308_172526.jpg20220308_172403.jpg20220308_173349.jpg20220308_172833.jpg20220308_173408.jpg20220308_173223.jpg

There are those here with much more knowledge than me. But the filler looks to be a lot of small pieces which is not appropriate.

Upon further review, it looks like it may be a mouse turd.😁

20220306_160104.jpg

There are those here with much more knowledge than me. But the filler looks to be a lot of small pieces which is not appropriate.
It was so dry it was crackling when I tried to take it apart. Hard to say if it broke up while i was unbundling it, or if it was smaller pieces.

It was so dry it was crackling when I tried to take it apart. Hard to say if it broke up while i was unbundling it, or if it was smaller pieces.

I was gonna say same thing. You can see long filler in the original bunch, but there's no telling an accurate amount after the full break down.

Throw it in your yard out of sight and give it back to the earth. It's definitely worth dissecting a perfectly good cigar if you can to get a better idea of the process.. kinda like reverse engineering.

As far as sacrificing a perfectly good cigar, it's done for knowledge and to better humanity. Kinda like when Mercedes have to crash test perfectly good cars for the same reasons.

Still... try it on a Gurkha first!

By no means am I an expert but they look like good fakes to me.

X2 on giving them some time in the humi and giving one a go.

On a side note I would be concerned about the dreaded tobacco beetle. Especially if storing these next to your other CC cigars.

Do any of the cigars have pin holes or any dust in the bottom of the box. They can remain dormant until after humidification if they are present that's when they start hatching again.

Last edited:
By no means am I an expert but they look like good fakes to me.

X2 on giving them some time in the humi and giving one a go.

On a side note I would be concerned about the dreaded tobacco beetle. Especially if storing these next to your other CC cigars.

Do any of the cigars have pin holes or any dust in the bottom of the box. They can remain dormant until after humidification if they are present that's when they start hatching again.
Good call, keep the box in a gallon zip lock in your humi. I'd definitely smoke one, just because they're fake doesn't mean they can't be a decent smoke. That said, I have some fakes there is no way I'm touching!

I gotta say that I definitely do not recommend trying to rehydrate a cigar... especially confirmed fakes.

Why?

Steve's definitely right about beetles and/or spider mites (usually one or the other as beetles eat mites of all kinds).

But I think I read that you're on top of that already. 👍

the amount of effort put into this is staggering... I guess if the sticker barcode doesn't bounce back legit then don't buy the box.. sorry you got burned

I have done a deep dive on id ing fakes. Will put together my findings asap. Checking involves a jewlers loupe or close uo zoom, amd a 365nm blacklight. Plus other givewaways.

With the coat increase on Cubans, there are some really well done fakes out there. Even montefortuna was selling fakes.

I have done a deep dive on id ing fakes. Will put together my findings asap. Checking involves a jewlers loupe or close uo zoom, amd a 365nm blacklight. Plus other givewaways.

With the coat increase on Cubans, there are some really well done fakes out there. Even montefortuna was selling fakes.
Probably accidentally, for context.