• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

"Operation: Just Cause" Pass

hudsonvalley said:
Trust me.  Karma has a way of bouncing back on us sarcastic SOB's too.  Good luck on the rest of the pass guys.
[snapback]148338[/snapback]​

wk-mang and cohibasurfer are part of the stone that CigarPass is carved from...

On the other hand, eleuthardt is a prime example of the future of CigarPass without the likes of wk-mang and cohibasurfer.

The rest of you need to get a fu(king clue.

:MMM

I don't agree at all on Miles's position on this. The two incidences in question are not related at all and shouldn't be grouped together to prove "karma" or anything else. From what I understand from cohiba's earlier comments, the fear was, that if a poor play was allowed to stand, that people down the line would use that as an excuse to carry out their own poor play. The earlier "problems" were ones that ALost Texan decided upon, and was consulted. Eleuthardt didn't do that, and that is the biggest difference between both situations. Not only that, not everyone agrees that the earlier plays were poor. The classic "it's rare.....It goes for $600 online and is in greater demand" statement is one that I found on page 4. In my own pass, I consulted three veterans on a potential play, and there was no universal agreement as to whether or not it was a viable play. The vote was 2-1 and I let the play stand, though agreement was far from universal. The newbs on this board caught Eleuthardt(i.e.-cvm and co.) and should be commended for that. Yes, I think it's great what cohiba and other vets do in helping to make sure that newbs aren't ripped off. At the same time, Eleuthardt didn't pull the wool over any of our eyes and it would've been caught even without help. While Eleuthardt's actions are bad, it also shows that newbs are catching on in terms of knowing when they are getting swindled. Yes, there are bad newbs, but it would be unfair for me to categorize all vets as potential phils. :whistling: The pass host has a final say on those earlier plays and it should not be brought up in relation to a totally different circumstance.

Thus, the reason I don't participate in most passes.........

CS tried to explain to ALT that allowing those kinds of swaps will send the wrong message.......which is exactly what happened in the case with whatever his name is taking the BTL and the PMM!!!

Trying to explain this to some of you guys is like talking to a brick wall! :whistling:

When you keep getting screwed, complain somewhere else!

Lee

CS tried to explain to ALT that allowing those kinds of swaps will send the wrong message.......which is exactly what happened in the case with whatever his name is taking the BTL and the PMM!!

I will have to respectfully disagree on this point. In the earlier cases, ALostTexan APPROVED the puts and takes and the parties involved were not out to swindle the host and other members. There was a post that even stated it was fair on page four. Eleuthardt(who took the BTL and other cigar in question) Did not get his puts and takes approved by the host, big difference.

hudsonvalley said:
Trust me. Karma has a way of bouncing back on us sarcastic SOB's too. Good luck on the rest of the pass guys.

Stuff it newbie puke.

NA

Some one tell me to shut up if I am out of line, but here are some points that everyone who has a stake in this needs to read:

1. Handle everything by PM's, if someone deosn't respond, so be it. People won't always see things eye to eye, but to drag it out into public isn't fair to everyone here at CP. Of course, if some one is doing wrong by not answering PM's, than maybe something should be said. Sending a PM to a long standing brother who isn't involved and asking for a fair opinion on a situation is often the best thing you can do prior to going public
2. This is ALT's pass. As the pass host, he can run it as he see's fit. I see both sides arguement, and agree with both sides equally. Which is why I believe jst about everything should have beeen handled in Private. If at the end, both sides still don't see eye to eye, there should be a bowing out in private. And the host should leave it private. If it was done in public, it shouldn't deserve a public tongue lashing.
3. To publicly address/comment on the way a host handles the puts and takes in his pass is a little rude. Which is what I am assuming ALT took personally. While I agree equal takes for equal puts is ultimately what is the healthy thing for CP, this could have been addressed in a different forum.
Oh well, live and let learn. I hope we all can get by this without too many hard feelings.
Emo

emodx said:
Some one tell me to shut up if I am out of line, but here are some points that everyone who has a stake in this needs to read:

1. Handle everything by PM's, if someone deosn't respond, so be it. People won't always see things eye to eye, but to drag it out into public isn't fair to everyone here at CP. Of course, if some one is doing wrong by not answering PM's, than maybe something should be said. Sending a PM to a long standing brother who isn't involved and asking for a fair opinion on a situation is often the best thing you can do prior to going public
2. This is ALT's pass. As the pass host, he can run it as he see's fit. I see both sides arguement, and agree with both sides equally. Which is why I believe jst about everything should have beeen handled in Private. If at the end, both sides still don't see eye to eye, there should be a bowing out in private. And the host should leave it private. If it was done in public, it shouldn't deserve a public tongue lashing.
3. To publicly address/comment on the way a host handles the puts and takes in his pass is a little rude. Which is what I am assuming ALT took personally. While I agree equal takes for equal puts is ultimately what is the healthy thing for CP, this could have been addressed in a different forum.
Oh well, live and let learn. I hope we all can get by this without too many hard feelings.
Emo
[snapback]148463[/snapback]​

Nicely said there Emo!! :thumbs:

SamClemmons said:
hudsonvalley said:
Trust me. Karma has a way of bouncing back on us sarcastic SOB's too. Good luck on the rest of the pass guys.

Stuff it newbie puke.

NA
[snapback]148461[/snapback]​
Oh, I see. Only some people have the right to make comments or wish others well. Here's the deal. I'll post what I want and you can pretend you are clever. :laugh:

emodx said:

Emo
[snapback]148463[/snapback]​

I agree with some of this. And I disagree with some of it. But you are intitled to your opinion.

And me mine.

Look ALT and others....

If the Anejo trade was okay with you, the pass host, then fine! So be it...

Now, you don't think this POS leuthhardt or whatever his name is wasn't watching that drama play out???? I'm sure he watched it. Why do I ask??

Well, it's simple.....he posted after the fact or in pm, I forget...that there were no specific rules stating that MSRP wasn't the rule and he had priced the stuff at such and such, which is a load of dung! So his puts and takes were okay and if that's a problem you should have stated it in the rules, blah blah blah. Well, the rules of a pass are written but allot of play in a different way. So that remark by the POS is a load of crap. He snatched up a couple of nice sticks and left mediocre sticks at best.

I say get the rope......

So, it's done. Okay? You're pass is still in good shape. I and others offered to add something to it so you could learn something from this and move on. I haven't gotten any pm's from who's getting it next. So, I guess you don't want any donations? That's fine.

Now, the insults start, which at this point, I wouldn't add anything to your pass now as you've insulted several of my friends.....Who pulled out mind you because they knew this thing was an accident looking for a place to happen!

See where I'm going with all this? See what could have been avoided? Probably not, right? Because ALT is sticking to his decision to let the swaps go and he doesn't want anyone telling him otherwise!

All I can say is good luck! And like others have said, bridges have been burned in one way or another......

Thus comes the joke in Gr8ful's pass......... ;)

All with a lesson to be learned..

Good luck with the rest of your pass. I hope things turn out well for you in the end.

Lee
:D

hudsonvalley said:
SamClemmons said:
hudsonvalley said:
Trust me.  Karma has a way of bouncing back on us sarcastic SOB's too.  Good luck on the rest of the pass guys.

Stuff it newbie puke.

NA
Oh, I see. Only some people have the right to make comments or wish others well. Here's the deal. I'll post what I want and you can pretend you are clever. :laugh:
[snapback]148784[/snapback]​

Okay. If you weren't calling me a son of a bitch, I apologize, I'm sorry. If you did intend to call me that, I don't apologize and I'm not sorry.

NA

For those who are interested..........

You entered 0101 0521 2974 6836 2672

Your item was processed and left our HONOLULU, HI facility on December 14, 2004. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later

It's heading to Nic in Washington right ALT?

You're a bit of a wordsmith, NA. I think you can clearly see that I posted SOB in a friendly and self-inclusive way. That's how that term is often used. I think you can judge for yourself the tone of good will and self-deprecation in the brief post. Be offended or not. Apologize or not. All the same to me.

Cheers

Uh no. That's not the way I took it. I read it as a personal affront. If you were making light... fine. Apology stands. I guess I know where you stand from your reply.

NA

SFG75 said:
For those who are interested..........

You entered 0101 0521 2974 6836 2672

Your item was processed and left our HONOLULU, HI facility on December 14, 2004. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later

It's heading to Nic in Washington right ALT?
[snapback]149061[/snapback]​

I still haven't heard anything from my PM to WK-Mang, but I haven't seen him post anything for a few days, which leads me to believe that he hasn't been on at all. I have purchased and paid for shipping on the package based on info I have from BrownDevil, and I am just waiting to hear back from Wade to know if he wants me to mail this or fax it or what.

Does anyone know if that would work, faxing the printed sheet? As long as the fax machines on each end are OK, and the funky little box to scan is clear, it should work, right?

ALostTexan

I would think so...all that really matters is that the barcodes are readable by the scanner and that the delivery peson can read the house number.

Aloha everyone!

I got the pass... it was delivered today to my office. ALT, please contact me and let me know what you want me to do with it. If you want to send me the prepaid label you printed that would work but I'm not sure about a faxed version. I'll weigh the box at home tonight to see what postage will be using Priority Mail to confirm the postage amount you pre-paid for. You just need to remember that no matter where I ship it'll be the highest rate for Priority Mail as only inter-island shipments classify for zone shipping.... anything heading over the Pacific is Zone 8.

I'll leave it to you but I do have everything at home to do Click-n-Ship so if you'd like me to print a label and pay for postage I can do that and have the box scheduled for pickup then you can reimburse me or I can wait for your label, stick it on the box and call for a pickup.

Wade

hudsonvalley said:
SamClemmons said:
hudsonvalley said:

Stuff it newbie puke.

NA
[snapback]148784[/snapback]​

ROFLMAO :thumbs: :laugh: :whistling: :rolleyes: